PDA

View Full Version : Any Ideas?

wdwgirl21
07-17-2007, 12:42 PM
When booking our vacation for myself, my husband and our two-year old son at Coronado Springs for free dining, the only room I could get was one with a king bed. At the time I thought no problem, he's little, we will share. Now that I have been thinking about it for 2 months, I'm not sure I want to share anymore! Do you think I could call and change my ressie to a room with double beds? Or should I just ask upon arrival for a room with double beds- if I do this will it still allow for free dining even though when we booked they only offered rooms with king beds? Just wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts/ideas? Thanks!

TinkiTime1989
07-17-2007, 12:46 PM
You could try requesting a roll-away bed or crib for your son.

Kairi_7378
07-17-2007, 12:47 PM
The only way that you will definately get the room that you want is to try to reserve one. I would call Disney every few days and see if a 2-bed room has opened up due to a cancellation. Several of our fellow Intercot members have had success getting into the room/resort they wanted that way. Good luck!

Tink-N-Me
07-17-2007, 12:54 PM
Check with the reservation desk to see if changing your room effects the free dining. If so, you may want to see if Coronado offers a roll away for a minimal charge. Another option is to purchase an aero bed. I also recently saw inflatable sleeping bags that have a blow up mattress attached. (Approx. $40) JC Penney carries them online and Amazon.com. EBay had a Thomas the Tank Engine one so you might even check their online store.:thumbsup:

TikiGoddess
07-17-2007, 02:16 PM
We stayed at CSR with our two little ones (ages 3 and 20 mos last year). We booked a king room at the last minute. We brought the girls' aerobeds (the kiddy sleeping bags with the air mattress). We spread some towels and blankets and placed the aero beds on top. It worked great! The king rooms have extra space because of having only one bed and we loved it.

If your little one is still sleeping in a crib, you can request a pack-n-play. If not I would give the air mattress idea a try. It's only one extra bag to bring on the plane. (I slept in a bed with my 4 yr old this trip -- boy did she hog the bed!) :)

TikiG

richardsa98
07-17-2007, 04:19 PM
When my son was 2 we had a King:thumbsup: size bed as well and loved it! He would fall asleep with us in bed and then we would move him to the packnplay which all of the Disney rooms store in the closet for guests. Enjoy your trip!!!