PDA

View Full Version : Ballons at MK

poohbearkris
07-17-2007, 11:57 AM
:balloon:Has anybody seen the traditional Micjey ballons they used to sell years ago? I love them and you see them in pix, but I haven't seen them at the parks?

Mickey Magic
07-17-2007, 02:10 PM
:mickey:I agree...I miss them too! InJune they had the silver Mickey/Minnie, Princess, and a "new" cool one...it looked like the traditional ones from years ago inside a larger oval one(pretty neat)! I wish they would bring the original MICKEYS back!!:mickey:

MMouse6937
07-17-2007, 03:00 PM
I was actually just going through some old pictures my DH had when his family went to WDW when he was about 10 or so and there was a lady on main street with one of those. They were really cool. I always want one of the mylar mickey ones when we leave the park but not sure what I would do with it. Maybe this year :mickey:

Goofy Pluto
07-17-2007, 03:59 PM
Anyone know how much balloons cost now? Just curious. I'm sure we're not going to get away with not buying any on this trip...

Mickey Magic
07-17-2007, 08:16 PM
:mickey:I THINK we paid $7 a piece for the mylar ones.:mickey:

poohbearkris
07-17-2007, 09:07 PM
I think we paid $8 two years ago. But it did last a long time. We took it on the plane which in retrospect I can't believe they let us, I swear it almost burst from the pressure change. But I think it remained afloat for over a month.

poohbearkris
07-17-2007, 09:08 PM
Oh just an FYI about the balloons, they are not allowed at AK and if you bring one, it needs to get parked at the main gate customer service area to be balloon sat.

Mickey91
07-17-2007, 11:45 PM
It has been a long time since I have seen one of the original ones. I have a deflated one somewhere in my memory stuff. They were fun!:balloon::balloon:

psychotekkie
07-18-2007, 12:27 AM
Yes. If you push a straw in the valve to deflate them, you can re-inflate them later. Every once in a while, we re-inflate ours for fun. and you can even take it to a store that does balloons and they will inflate it with helium for you for a small charge. Fun way to liven up a b-day. That is why we love the silver balloons.

Goofy Pluto
07-18-2007, 02:55 PM
Whoa! :eyes:

$7 or $8 for a balloon? Man, that's a lot! Not to be a cheapskate, but I hope I can avoid having to buy those for my kids. That's a lot for a balloon!

vamaggie
07-18-2007, 04:48 PM
I think we paid $8 two years ago. But it did last a long time. We took it on the plane which in retrospect I can't believe they let us, I swear it almost burst from the pressure change. But I think it remained afloat for over a month.

We bought one back in 01 on our first visit and they also let us take it on the plane inflated (DS was really happy since I told him we would probably have to deflate it before we got on). I can't remember how long it stayed a float but we cut it apart and hung them up on DS's room wall. DS is almost 10 now and still has them up! He won't let us take them down--says they remind him of his first WDW visit.

Disney Maniac
07-18-2007, 07:09 PM
They have a new balloon that is a Mickey balloon inside another Mickey balloon!!:mickey:
Also, just to tell you if you are staying at the AKL you can't bring a balloon to that resort. The balloons are very dangerous with all the animals at the resort. Good Luck!!:balloon: