PDA

View Full Version : ADR's my kids will enjoy

4littleboys
07-17-2007, 10:50 AM
It is almost time to make ADR's for my January trip. This is the first trip for my kids (8,8,6,3 - all boys) and we are also taking my parents. I have created a list of restaurants to dine at but I am concerned that some of them may bore the kids (simply take too long) but I also want to enjoy my dining. Here is the list that I must narrow down (8 day trip but only 7 on the DDP) - Help please!
Liberty Tree Tavern
Crystal Palace
Chef Mickeys
1900 Park Fare
Ohanas
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Le Cellier
Coral Reef
Hollywood & Vine or Mamma Melrose w/ Fantasmic
Tusker House Character Breakfast
Cape May Cafe Character Breakfast (staying at BCV)

Thanks in advance!

hooberry
07-17-2007, 11:18 AM
:thumbsup:I would delete Le Cellier, buy all your other options look great. I also like Rainforest , but they are not on the dining plan.:(

Goofeygal
07-17-2007, 11:37 AM
If it were me I would consider dropping Coral Reef.

krose78
07-17-2007, 11:56 AM
I have 3 and 6 yo boys so I can comment on that

Liberty Tree Tavern - was nice both enjoyed
Crystal Palace - Pooh Characters both enjoyed
Chef Mickeys - They loved
1900 Park Fare - trying this time so can't comment but are you going for breakfast or dinner. Dinner is Cinderella so I don't know how into that they would be but I have heard the food is good.
Ohanas - trying this time so can't comment
Whispering Canyon Cafe -trying this time so can't comment
Coral Reef - The boys have seen picture and are very excited about this one.
Hollywood & Vine or Mamma Melrose w/ Fantasmic MM is good have never tried HV

GreenBeetle
07-17-2007, 12:10 PM
We've been to several on your list that I think your children will love: Liberty Tree (delicious and great characters), Chef Mickey's (great buffet and characters) and Hollywood & Vine (huge buffet - no characters, but moves quickly, so they shouldn't be bored).

I'm not a fan of Coral Reef. Unless they seat you next to the aquarium, your kids may get bored here. LeCellier is beautiful inside and the food is wonderful, but nothing really to entertain the kids.

You know your kids best . . . so plan accordingly. :mickey:

BritCody
07-17-2007, 12:46 PM
I would have to agree with the others and drop either Le Cellier or the Coral Reef. I'm sure your boys will enjoy the character meals and if you need a table service for Epcot you could always do the Garden Grill Character Meal.

KylesMom
07-17-2007, 01:07 PM
For the sake of both you and your parents, I would not drop LeCellier. :D

I can comment on the following which we really enjoyed our last trip:

Crystal Palace - great time with Pooh & Friends, food good for all;
Chef Mickeys - great time with Chef Mickey & Friends, food good for all;
Ohanas - awesome food & the 8 & 6 yr olds will have fun with the activities;
Whispering Canyon Cafe - Pony races & awesome skillet;
Le Cellier - hands down the best dinner during our 15-day stay; DS who's 9 thought it was awesome;
Hollywood & Vine or Mamma Melrose w/ Fantasmic - We LOVE Mama Melrose, but honestly this is another one which we wouldn't drop 'cause DH and I love it!

CKMom
07-17-2007, 01:09 PM
We have a 14 & 4 yr old.
Loved Liberty Tree Tavern
Loved Coral Reef
Loved Le Cellier

Whisp Canyon- food was ok, waitress was not in a playful mood, service was extremely slow....

Hope you have a great trip!

LoriMistress
07-17-2007, 01:10 PM
Liberty Tree Tavern
Crystal Palace
Chef Mickeys
1900 Park Fare
Ohanas
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Le Cellier
Coral Reef
Hollywood & Vine or Mamma Melrose w/ Fantasmic
Tusker House Character Breakfast
Cape May Cafe Character Breakfast

So far everything you've listed sounds great. I've eaten at some of the restaurants (but will eating at the majority of them in December), and I know your kids and the adults will enjoy eating at all of the restaurants.

To be quite honest, most kids don't care about where they eat because THEY'RE AT WDW!!!

SBETigg
07-17-2007, 01:23 PM
You know your kids. If they can manage at restaurants or at the table at home, they will probably do fine at most Disney restaurants, with or without characters, keeping in mind that being in a theme park all day will either exhaust them or have them all hyped up, or some degrees of both at once.

I think you have chosen well. Liberty Tree Tavern, Crystal Palace, Chef Mickeys, 1900 Park Fare will be fun for the kids, and a nice family environment. 'Ohana and Whispering Canyon Cafe will be fun for kids(with chances to get up and move around) and fun for adults, with really good food.

Coral Reef seemed like it would be fun for us, but the lighting is low, the fish are soothing, and the kids really wanted to get back to the resort and go to sleep-- but dinner took over three hours. We had two cranky kids on our hands(and cranky aduts- food and service issues) and we won't go back. Hollywood and Vine is a buffet, on the plus side, with mediocre food and service, on the minus side. The other choices all look fine, but I haven't been. Still, it is a nice mix with something for everyone. Best wishes for a wonderful trip!

jax86
07-17-2007, 02:47 PM
we never miss liberty tree tavern. chef mickeys is great. holly and vine was a disappointment though. there were characters, but we didn't even know who they were. the food was not good. le cellier may not appeal to the kids, but you will love it!!
(hey, like i tell my kids, it's not always about you!!) ;) have fun

murphy1
07-17-2007, 05:10 PM
Keep all of it, you deserve some meals you want to do on your vacation. It's only an hour per meal out of your trip, as long as your kids can handle it, you should go where you want to, as well.

IloveDisney71
07-17-2007, 05:38 PM
Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace, & The Liberty Tree Tavern are great choices. The food is great and the characters will keep the children entertained (the grown-ups too)!
Ohanas is WONDERFUL for the whole family. The food is amazing and there are plenty of activities to entertain the children. If you time it right, you might be able to see the Wishes fireworks from the restaurant or the beach at the Poly. resort.
I have eaten at LeCellier several times - keep that on your list - it is our favorite place to eat. The children should handle it just fine. I've never taken young children myself, but I've witnessed other children who did not seem to mind the atmosphere at all.

tinksmom02
07-18-2007, 10:49 PM
Keep LeCellier! I agree with jax86, it's not ALWAYS about the kids LOL

You didn't mention if you're planning 1900 for breakfast or dinner, but I might drop this one. The food is great, but breakfast has Mary P., Alice, Mad Hatter, Tigger and Pooh (T&P are also at Crystal Palace), and dinner is Cinderella and friends. You have a lot of other character meals that I suspect your boys will enjoy more.

Chef Mickey's is great, they'll get to meet the fab 5. We're trying Crystal Palace and Ohanas this trip, so can't comment. And again, keep LeCellier!

You know, you could always pay OOP for the two cheapest meals, if you really can't decide what to drop LOL