PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk Convenience Store

auntfrannie
07-17-2007, 05:43 AM
Because the Boardwalk Villas are part of DVC, is there a convenience store located in the resort where 1/2 gallons of milk and containers of half & half can be purchased? Just trying to decide if I need to stop off-property for these things or if i can just pop down to the lobby. Thanks!

gardenia
07-17-2007, 06:59 AM
Yes, the sundry shop on the Boardwalk (I think it's called "The Screen Door") has groceries and a cooler full of milk, etc..

countrycharmer
07-17-2007, 07:25 AM
Yes, we have purchased sundry items like milk, cereal, quickie meals, etc. at the store.

Epc0tphr34k
07-17-2007, 07:32 AM
i would still suggest maybe hitting one of the local grocery stores...it is a bit expensive. but if you don't have a rental car the store at boardwalk is more than sufficient. its down stairs next to the big river brewing company

Maleficent's Dad
07-17-2007, 02:20 PM
I think it's called "The Screen Door")
Correct with the name! :yes:

They do have the basics - it's a major convenience that you don't have to go out shopping off property.

It's down ON the Boardwalk itself - as you walk out of the lobby to the BW proper, it's on your left, just around the corner from the Wyland Galleries and ATM machine.

tinkerbell04
07-17-2007, 02:51 PM
I think that the little stores have a great selection, but they are expensive. If you have a car, and the time, it is better to go off site. BUT...for the shear convienence it is worth it if you are only looking for milk and creamer.:mickey:

mook3y
07-17-2007, 04:12 PM
Trying to remember what a half gallon of milk went for. We were surprised and didnt think it was that expensive considering it was on property. 1/2 gallon was under $3.

Cozfamilyof6
07-17-2007, 04:29 PM
The Screen Door is good if you need something that you forgot - but very expensive. We used a van to get from Orlando Intl. last year that included a free 30 minute grocery stop. Yes, we had to pay for it out of pocket instead of taking Magical Express, but it was great to shop for all of the things we needed for our BWV stay with 3 little children.

auntfrannie
07-17-2007, 06:10 PM
Wow! thank you all very much for the info!!