PDA

View Full Version : Arrival Time

jsw123
07-16-2007, 10:35 PM
We are FOUR days from our arrival! I'm wondering if the "official" open time is the real time. My DH and I have been, for instance at AK, when they opened MUCH earlier. Any advice? Couldn't be more excited!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5 days until the MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!:mickey::mickey:

MMouse6937
07-16-2007, 10:40 PM
Although you should always consider the official time as official, I know that the parks do sometimes open earlier. This is sometimes only into the hub and not onto the attractions and I think that it really has to do with crowds. Have such a great time, I'm so jealous!! :mickey:

Jared
07-16-2007, 11:00 PM
In May we were allowed to walk to the first fountain in Future World before 9 a.m. Spaceship Earth may have been operating. Everybody was lining up to run toward Soarin', so I did not notice.

boobalk
07-17-2007, 11:09 AM
Unless there is EMH, official opening times are usually on the money. Sometimes you'll be allowed in a little early to move into the park further, but not on the attractions. We usuaslly get to the parks 45 min to an hour early (we like to be 1st in line) and that increases our chances to be selected as "Family of the Day". That way, we get in and on attractions before ANYONE else, and get extra Fastpasses to ALL the major attractions. As we are a 2-park-a day family, we've usually covered what we want by noonish, and head back to the resort for a little "down time", and hit another park for the late afternoon/evening. Being WDW veterans, we've fine-tuned our routine, so we can enjoy everthing we want, and not feel so rushed!:cloud9: