PDA

View Full Version : DisneyStore.com - What have they done?!

Tinkermom
07-16-2007, 08:21 PM
Ok, I am not one to typically "rant" but I have to about this. I got an e-mail about the wonderful new changes to Disneyshopping.com(I originally mis-stated DisneyStore.com). The e-mail said that now I can get the same "wonderful" :rolleyes: products online that I can normally get at the Disney Store. I thought, "ok, so they added some stuff" - NOT! They now ONLY have the JUNK that I can get at the the Disney Store! There are virtually NO home items. There was only ONE page of accessories - one watch and about 7 handbags. There was also only ONE page of women's tops. I am SO VERY disappointed! :mad::(

EDIT - It is DISNEYSHOPPING.COM not DisneyStore.com that I am upset about. I have always shopped at Disneyshopping.com and now it seems they have changed the site to carry only what the DISNEY STORE carries. I apologize for stating the wrong website, I guess I was just too frustrated about the change. :blush:

Anyone know if this is the way it is from now on?

Here we go again...
07-16-2007, 08:33 PM
Since Disney Stores are owned by the Childrens Store you will not find your typical Disney stuff at that site.
Disneyshopping.com will get you to the GOOD Disney stuff. :mickey:

Tinkermom
07-16-2007, 08:37 PM
Since Disney Stores are owned by the Childrens Store you will not find your typical Disney stuff at that site.
Disneyshopping.com will get you to the GOOD Disney stuff. :mickey:

I apologize as I typed the wrong website. It IS Disneyshopping.com that has changed (not Disneystore.com)! I guess in my frustration I was not paying attention. :blush: Take a look, they are now just a Disney Store online...

snifflesmcg
07-16-2007, 08:47 PM
I think Disneyshopping.com was ok. It's disneystore.com that was horrible. I was actually IN a disney store today and......oh my, what has happened to this store??? The only things they had was kids clothes and toys, and a shelf with some mugs and plastic plates (for eating). WHERE IS THE ADULT STUFF??? No jewelry, adult clothes, frames/albums, and anything useful at all to anyone over the age of 10. This store is pure junk! Sadly, it was a wasted trip to the mall.

tiaramom
07-16-2007, 10:19 PM
I also found this disney store site Horrific!
This is nothing at all like the wonderful stores at the malls near my home. I love the retail outlets- I always get fab deals on everything from childrens wear to watches. I love bargain shopping here for first rate finds. I dont really like disney shopping.com , I was real excited to see the store site running - but very much disapointed by the merchandise- Its a disgrace to Disney name. It is still new- lets hope it improves drastically in the near future. I also shop the Chilfrens Palce stores and online - They are top rate in quality- I am a very into chids fashions- and find them to be very well made ans comparitable to big name retailers like Bloomingdales, and Saks,Norsdtroms. There clothing washes are wearrs well- as do the clothing at the Disney retail store. Its all what your looking for-

tinksmom02
07-16-2007, 10:29 PM
I was just on Disneyshopping.com, just for a few minutes, but it looks the same as always. For some reason I use www.disneydirect.com, and that redirects me to the disney shopping website. It's got the same page layouts, and what looked to be the same types of items that they've previous sold.

When I punched in www.disneyshopping.com, I got the disney shopping website, with an ad to visit the disney store website.

It seems that they've combined the 2 websites and made the disney store website part of the disney shopping website.

Tinkermom
07-16-2007, 10:35 PM
I was just on Disneyshopping.com, just for a few minutes, but it looks the same as always. For some reason I use www.disneydirect.com, and that redirects me to the disney shopping website. It's got the same page layouts, and what looked to be the same types of items that they've previous sold.

When I punched in www.disneyshopping.com, I got the disney shopping website, with an ad to visit the disney store website.

It seems that they've combined the 2 websites and made the disney store website part of the disney shopping website.

Ok, I feel better. I linked directly from the e-mail and in the address line it was "disneyshopping.com". Glad to see that the "old" site is still available! I am sorry but the Disney store has very little that I am interested in. I love disneyshopping.com though!:thumbsup:

wizardmickey
07-16-2007, 11:45 PM
I just recently did some shopping both in a Disney Store (Houston) and online at disneyshopping.com (which so far still comes up as disneyshopping.) On the tabs at the top of the page was a tab for disneystore, which I clicked on and bought some stuff there as well. Why? Because the physical store I went to had almost nothing for adults (and just a month ago it did!) But online it had all sorts of the shirts I'd wished they had in adult sizes.

crazykids
07-17-2007, 07:01 AM
I got that email about the isney store & when I clicked on the link, I thought the same thing. Very little selection. I then clicked on disneyshopping from my favorites list & was redirected to the old site. They did have me nervous for a minute!

Figgyluv03
07-17-2007, 12:54 PM
I did the same thing over the weekend and I was very disappointed. And then when I realized that you had to go to the other website, they had pretty much the same on both websites but the newer one had a bit more. And yes, Disney Store is horrible now! I'd hate to say it, but I'm glad I ended up quicking. The treat the employees horrible and the stuff they sell isn't the Disney Quality stuff they use to sell and it's more a kids clothing and toy store with a few adult things.

SurferStitch
07-17-2007, 02:15 PM
Wow...I'm sorry to hear so many of you have horrible Disney Stores in your area. Mine is wonderful.

I've gotten beautiful ladies jeans, denim skirts, velour track suits, sweaters, tees and tanks over the past 6-7 months. I just got a lovely Minnie watch and a Tink toggle bracelet a few weeks ago. I've also purchased really nice Tink statues and wall plaques for about 66%-75% off the original price. Just a couple days ago I got the coolest pirates striped ladies fitted tee with a skull with swords behind it all done in red/black/clear crystals.

I know that not all stores are the same, and thank goodness. I love my store!!:thumbsup:

January-2007
07-17-2007, 04:30 PM
I used the link in this thread to DisneyDirect but then it redirected it. Then I typed in DisneyShopping.com. Also leading to the same blank black screen. I finally got a screen and then when I select home decor it takes me to this page with a bunch of blank books with character faces on them. It says Disney Store at the top of the page even though the web address is DisneyShopping.com. That used to be such a great website, we got our bedspread last year on there, and so much more! That's just such a shame. Makes me :mad: too.