View Full Version : The Darcy's Disney Oddysey - Day 13

KylesMom
07-16-2007, 04:19 PM
Cast of Characters:
Me, 41 (Favorite Character Mickey)
DH, 41 (Favorite Character Grumpy)
DS, 9 (Loves Both Mickey & Stitch)

Day 13 – Thursday, June 21, 2007

Uh-oh . . . we’ve hit unlucky day 13. When Mickey & Stitch come a-callin’ at 6:30, DH says in a croaky voice that we’ll have to go on without him today – he is feeling really lousy, and wants to try & sleep it off. :( I feel horrible that he’s sick, and volunteer to stay back at the room with him. He’ll have none of it, and wants DS and I to go enjoy – and report back on how Tony’s is for lunch. I’m hoping that some sleep will make him feel better.

DS and I quietly get ready, and I vow to him that we’ll have a good time, even if Dad can’t be with us today. We gather up our cameras and are down to the dock by 7:15 am, awaiting the boat. We arrive at the MK gates, only to realize that I’ve forgotten to coat DS with suntan lotion this morning! We purchase a small thing of lotion at the newsstand ($10.65 – ugh!) and begin our adventure. No show before opening, just a countdown & we’re through the gates. First stop – you guessed it – a FP for Space Mountain, then we hop in the Standby line. After getting whipped around space, we hit Buzz, greet Stitch who is outside, visit Stitch’s Great Escape (which DH cannot deal with) and meander over to Big Thunder Mountain. We ride BTMRR, grab a FP for Splash, then head over to PotC. Afterwards, we see a crowd gathering, and I tell DS we’ll wait to see the Pirate Tutorial. Yay, we have a front row view! It’s very hilarious to listen to the smaller children who’ve been picked to help Captain Jack, but then when he asks for more volunteers, DS is chosen to take the Pirate Oath. :cloud9: He gets a little certificate, and is very excited. After snagging a FP for Peter Pan, I ask what he’d like to do next. Goofy’s Barnstormer! DH cannot ride it ‘cause he’s just too tall, so we take the opportunity to spend a little time in Toontown, then Fantasyland. I also stop at Sir Mickey’s to grab a few Mickey icon emblems for our cars – I’ve never seen them for sale before & I HAVE to get these!

We arrive at Tony’s shortly before 12, and browse through the camera store while waiting to be seated. We are approached by a very “hard sell” DVC CM, who simply will not take no for an answer to attend their seminar which is starting shortly. :mad: I try to impress upon him that I’m not going to make my son sit while I listen to the DVC spiel, but to no avail. He just doesn’t get it! Finally we just walk away. Thank goodness our table is ready in short order, and we are seated in a comfortable spot toward the back of the restaurant. I order the meatball sub, while DS has the spaghetti. This place is nice, and is definitely a repeat for lunch in the future. I think DH would really enjoy it as well. DDE Savings is $3.76.

After lunch we utilize our Splash FP, completing the Triple Mountain Whammy. :thumbsup: DS and I both get soaked sitting in the front car! We then do something I promised DS at the beginning of our trip – we go to the Shooting Arcade for the first time! While I’m getting change, a wonderful CM starts talking to DS. She gives him 35 free credits and a Magical Moment certificate to use as a FP for either Splash Mountain or Big Thunder Mountain. How cool is that! :mickey: I show him how to use his “rifle” and he has an enjoyable time with the targets. However, the gun starts getting heavy, so he decides he’s done for now. We decide that instead of using our certificate, we’ll save it for our scrapbook. I feel badly that DH has missed two Magical Moments today with his illness! At this point, we’re both ready for ice cream, but decide to grab a Citrus Swirl instead of a Dole Whip due to the long lines at Aloha Isle.

We meander to Peter Pan to use our FP, visit the classic Carousel of Progress, walk around the corner to Space Mountain to use our last FP, then make our way to the front of the park. We decide on a whim to watch the parade, standing in the shade on the sidewalk behind another family on Main Street outside the Emporium. This is just what we needed, as both of us are trying not to think of our vacation coming to an end. I’m so glad we stayed - the music is so catchy! But it’s hot out here – and I want to make certain DH is ok. We hurriedly walk down to the boat dock, where a smaller boat is loading guests for WL only. DS and I hop on, and in minutes are delivered back to the Lodge. Wow, right place, right time to catch that boat!

By this time it’s a bit after 4 pm, and DH is awake, watching TV. Although he’s not “himself”, he is feeling better and doesn’t want to miss our LeCellier dinner. DS and I shower, change and we head out to Epcot. As expected, all TestTrack FPs are gone for the day, but we grab a FP for Mission:Space, ride Standby Green Team and hop aboard Spaceship Earth for the last time this trip. DS also finds an open game console to play in the new Siemen’s area prior to making our way to LeCellier.

We arrive at 6:30, and decide to wait inside tonight. DS is pulled into a game of Tick-Tac-Toe with a nice CM from St. Kitt’s, and before you know it we’re being seated. This is by far THE BEST seating we’ve ever had at LeCellier – toward the back in an intimate corner. We have a superb server in Jennifer, and our meal is absolutely incredible. I savor each bite of the wonderful foods placed in front of us, in no hurry to finish this dining experience. Even our server comments on the time we linger over our food, pleased that we truly are enjoying our meal. I cannot even begin to tell you what a magnificent dinner this is! :cloud9: DDE Savings is $21.37 – and we don’t leave the table until 8:30, even without dessert!

I can tell just by looking at DH that he’s exhausted– although he agrees that this is the best meal we’ve ever eaten at LeCellier. :thumbsup: Since we have a big day tomorrow – WL Flag Family & Star Wars Weekends – I suggest that we skip Illuminations since we’ve seen it twice and head back to the room. DH wants to make sure it’s ok with Kyle and I, to which we respond of course it is. After all, we’ve had a long day! I want to begin packing, too – with the amount of “stuff” and dirty laundry we have, it’s an awful tall order to complete! After a few last pictures of Spaceship Earth, we say goodbye to Epcot for the last time this trip:( . We make it “home” and DH & DS are asleep in no time. I pack for awhile, and crawl into bed. I’m asleep in no time too. Although it is truly a bummer that DH was unable to join DS and I today, we experienced so much magic – followed by one of the most incredible meals I believe I’ve ever had the pleasure of experiencing.

Up next: Flag Family Celebrities and Darth Vader Meets the Darcy’s

pdrlkr
07-16-2007, 05:19 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Bethanymouse
07-16-2007, 05:20 PM
It is so sad to say goodbye to a park for the last time on your trip! I hate that feeling. You have had a spectacular 13 days though and have experienced lots of disney magic. I am glad that your DH was feeling better after some rest and was able to enjoy a great dinner at Le Cellier. Thanks for sharing!:mickey:

Bethis26fan
07-16-2007, 06:29 PM
Thanks for sharing.

Lizzie
07-17-2007, 02:17 AM
Wow what a great day. Too bad your husband missed it hopefully he is feeling better the next day.

faline
07-17-2007, 06:56 AM
Sorry your husband wasn't feeling well but it sounds like you and Kyle had a fabulous mom & son day!

I am glad your husband was up to your lovely dinner at Le Cellier!

Mickey'sGirl
07-17-2007, 03:22 PM
Sorry your husband wasn't feeling well but it sounds like you and Kyle had a fabulous mom & son day!

I am glad your husband was up to your lovely dinner at Le Cellier!
Exactly! I'm glad your DH didn't miss out on your fabulous dinner....I am getting sad at the prospect of you packing...:(

January-2007
07-17-2007, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the trip report.

DizNee143
07-17-2007, 03:27 PM
aww im sorry your hubby didnt feel good..but i guess its kinda good he sick towards the end of the trip!! but i hope he is feeling better by tomorrow to be with you guys!!...sounds like a good day...and a great dinner!! :mickey:

Beach Club Babe
07-18-2007, 11:33 AM
I,m sorry to hear that your DH was too sick to join you this morning!:( But at least he made it to your wonderful dinner!:thumbsup:

dolphinmickey9170
07-20-2007, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the great report, I feel like I am right there with you and your family.