PDA

View Full Version : Midnight Arrival- AKL

roryjulie
07-16-2007, 04:16 PM
We are staying at the AKL from 7/26-30. We'll be arriving around 11:30pm to the hotel. Does anyone know if there are any dining options in the hotel at that hour? Also, is it a good idea to use ME if arriving late?

McGoofy
07-16-2007, 11:55 PM
Yes, you can get food until midnight. You will be cutting it close, but if you get there before 12am, you should be able to get something from The Mara. However, just to double check I looked on info central, and it says The Mara closes at 11:30. I was just there in May, and I thought it was open until midnight. Now I am not sure.:confused: Victoria Falls is definitely opened until midnight. It's the bar, but they have a few things to eat. One night we were sitting there close to midnight, and a group of guys ordered room service and had lots of food delivered to the bar. Perhaps room service at that time is an option too. I don't know how late they deliver, but perhaps you could call ahead before you arrive. Just some thoughts. Hope that helps.

DizneyRox
07-17-2007, 06:27 AM
We are staying at the AKL from 7/26-30. We'll be arriving around 11:30pm to the hotel. Does anyone know if there are any dining options in the hotel at that hour? Also, is it a good idea to use ME if arriving late?
I'm not sure how you know that ME will get you to the hotel at 11:30. ME is NOT a reliable form of transport if you are under a time restraint. There could (and I would guess that late there will) be other stops along your route, and any number of factors could impact your arrival time. You may run into a large number of guests, you may run into an accident, etc.

If you need to be somewhere at a certain time, your best option is a town car service, taxi, etc. When we have arrived late, we stopped closer to the airport for a snack. We have found the food options to be too limited to risk that late at night. Nothing gets you more angry than having to eat onion rings and ginger ale from a vending machine for dinner.

TammiMcMan
07-17-2007, 09:29 AM
Perhaps room service at that time is an option too.Late night dining through room service is only available until midnight. Between possible delays with ME and check-in, I think planning for a meal/snack at the resort that late is not a good idea.

vamaggie
07-17-2007, 07:43 PM
I would try to grab something at MCO before you board the ME bus if you can. I think you are cutting it close to try to get something to eat at the resort so close to shut down time.

Donalds Duckie
07-17-2007, 08:07 PM
Uh, oh. I may have the same problem.

I land at MCO at 12:26 a.m. but I'm taking a town car to The Contemporary. I was hoping CR still had 24 hour room service with a limited menu between midnight and 6 a.m. The Food & Fun Center used to be 24 hours but that will be closed during my stay.

Does anyone know if CR still has 24 hour room service?

Good luck roryjulie! I think I'm going to pack some snacks just in case.

TammiMcMan
07-17-2007, 08:30 PM
The Food & Fun Center used to be 24 hours but that will be closed during my stay.

Does anyone know if CR still has 24 hour room service? I believe the Food & Fun center is being relocated during the rehab. In any case, the CR does offer 24 hour room service, so you should be all set.

Donalds Duckie
07-17-2007, 08:43 PM
Thanks Tammi!

How nice it will be to get to my room and order room service after a long day at work and several hours of flight time.:mickey: