PDA

View Full Version : two parks in one day

4myprincesses
07-16-2007, 02:48 PM
Does anyone know if you can go to one park in the morning and another in the evening without a hopper?

We purchased ten day tickets last time with the no expiration option. We have figured out where we would like to go on our next trip, but are thinking that we would like to split a day between AK and Epcot. For some reason, I am thinking you can not do this, but am not for sure.

Thank you!

Mickey91
07-16-2007, 02:51 PM
I would call and ask a CM at Disney. Try to make it clear that you understand it would take two days off your ticket. I'm not sure if it would work or not.:confused:

SBETigg
07-16-2007, 02:52 PM
You need the hopper option if you plan to go to two parks in a day. The multi-day non hopper tickets ensure that you can only enter one park per day, but you can leave and reenter the same park.

DessertDivaFL
07-16-2007, 03:36 PM
You will want to call Disney and verify but I am sure that if you don't have the "hopper" option you will be losing two days on your ticket if you visit two different parks in one day.

dumbo ears
07-16-2007, 04:06 PM
you need the hopper if u plan to visit more than one park in a day.

gardenia
07-16-2007, 04:21 PM
... if you don't have the "hopper" option you will be losing two days on your ticket if you visit two different parks in one day.

Actually, it doesn't work that way. If you don't have park hoppers, you won't be allowed in more than one park a day, regardless of how many "days" are on the ticket.

DisneyDudet
07-16-2007, 04:46 PM
Gardenia is correct.

If you, say, enter Epcot at 9am and have played out and want to walk over to MGM, and you have One Park per day tickets, your ticket will be rejected at MGM. They will be able to see that you used up your park for the day.

You can exit and enter the same park as often as you'd like, but you can't get into another park until the next day.

You can always upgrade your ticket to parkhopper option, you will only pay the difference, then you have PH with no expiration!

We only travel w/ park hoppers... one park for the whole day just gets a little old to us...

mainemajor
07-16-2007, 05:28 PM
base tickets are god for 1 park 1 day. this is why we always do the hopper option - so we are never limited to where to go.

4myprincesses
07-17-2007, 09:30 PM
That is what I thought. Stinks, really. We always do single day tickets as we have four little girls ages almost 1 (twins), 5 and 6 so hopping really isn't a good option for us. You have to pack the stroller stuff into a bag, fold the stroller up, and you really can't move very fast with all those little feet ;)

The reason I asked was this year my parents will be going and offered to keep the younger two while we take the older to to AK, we thought it might be nice to sneak in a bit of Epcot as well, figuring it'd be worth it to use up an additional ticket on theirs (ours are hoppers left over from a different trip) Oh well, guess we'll have to leave all the kids with grandma and grandpa and hit Epcot after the youngest two turn in for the night!