PDA

View Full Version : I'm whining about an upgrade mistake

Dicecatt262
07-16-2007, 02:20 PM
Just a whine...we are booked two days at the Yacht Club on Thursday-Saturday this week, standard room on an AP discount, and then 2 days club level at the Boardwalk. I got an email yesterday with my Yacht Club details, and on it says "Water/Pool view." I remembered reading about upgrades that are done before arrival, so I got all happy...told husband, everything is lovely, right? Then later, I looked again and saw that I was also charged for that view, almost $80 more per night. Balloon deflated! I called Disney and questioned it, they said that they have no idea why that happened, the resort didn't do it...really comforts me, right, since it should make me feel better that the system just randomly changes reservations???

No big deal, we now have and are paying for what I reserved, which is a STANDARD view...and I'm happy, but for a second, I was even happier;)

TammiMcMan
07-16-2007, 02:53 PM
Actually, those dates do tie in to when the resort would receive your reservation information. Prior to that, it would only be located in the central reservation system. Perhaps an upgrade was done by the room assignor, but he/she forgot to override the price. If that was done though, it sounds like maybe whoever you spoke with, put it back to the standard view. Who knows, maybe you will get lucky. The YC was one of the resorts that AKL guests were being offered for a relocation. If they were running out of standard rooms, they could have started complimentary upgrades for those who had previous reservations there. Guess you'll have to wait and see what happens when you check-in.

Dicecatt262
07-16-2007, 02:58 PM
Yep, that is what I thought might have happened, since it was 5 days out, although the CM told me the resort didn't do it and she wasn't sure why it happened. But no big deal...it would be nice of course, and I have to admit I got all smiley for a few minutes...ooh, magic before we even arrive type of thing:mickey:. I admit that I am pretty lucky in the upgrade/getting what I request category, so if it is meant to be, it will be! I'll just keep my smile like I usually do...a room looking at a dumpster at Disney is better than my office anyday:thumbsup: