PDA

View Full Version : In Need of Help!!

JabberJaws
07-16-2007, 01:54 PM
So my wife and I are heading to DL in mid Dec. (Dec 10-15) and are staying on property. I am debating between PPH and DLH with PPH getting a slight edge simply because it is cheaper.

So here is the deal - there is roughly a $250 difference between DLH and PPH for a 5 night stay. Being that $250 is a significant chunk of cash, we are leaning to PPH. I know that DLH has more magic and themeing, and that this is our first trip so we should do it right, but in your opinions, is it worth the additional $250?

I am thinking not, but I await your educated opinions!

:D

nmbullrdr
07-16-2007, 04:09 PM
YES!

The first time the whole family went to Disneyland, we stayed at the DLH. It was just such a wonderful experience for all of us. After a long plane ride and bus from LAX, it was the greatest feeling driving up to the Disneyland Hotel. After seeing it on the television for so long, it was just magical staying there. Like, WOW, we finally made it to Disneyland! We even remember the CM, Ramona, who checked us in. She found us an open room in the Sierra Tower just after noon while everybody else was having to check in their luggage and come back later. It was cool to be at the DLH and swim in the pool and the hot tub was awesome. And DTD was just across the street. It was nice to stop by the Jazz Kitchen late night takeout on the way back to the hotel.

For the first trip, I thank it is important. If money was no object, we would stay at the DLH all the time. But with the first visit out of the way and the children getting older, it is not as important and we would stay at PPH or a nice hotel on Harbor.

But for the first trip, it was MAGICAL!

tinkwest
07-16-2007, 05:28 PM
First thing I thought of was, "How often do you plan to visit DLR in the future? "

I visit quite often, so I have stayed at each of the DLR Hotels several times and also stayed at several neighboring hotels. But I still lean toward the DLH. I know you have already heard the "magical feeling" argument, but to me that is important, especially if you may not return soon. Obviously money is going to be the final deciding factor, but do it if you can. :twocents:

JabberJaws
07-17-2007, 01:44 PM
Thanks for your opinions so far. Keep em coming.

I am soooo torn. Although ultimately I feel that the "thrifty" side of me is going to win out, I am still debating with myself. Being that this is a once-in-a-long-time trip, I want it to be special, but 5 days at PPH (the cheapest of the 3 DL hotels) is already a tad on the expensive side as it is haha.

The benefit of using the fancy pool would be nice, but we are going in December (I know it will be warm but it can also be cool...especially at night) so I am not sure how much swimming we would want to do.

I know that the rooms are also more magical, but I have also heard that they can be a bit noisy or crazy due to DLH being the more "kid friendly" hotel, and my wife and I are kid-less newlyweds at the moment, so we would probably prefer a more laid-back, quiet atmosphere.

Ugh, decisions decisions. What are yalls experiences with PPH? I know that most seem to like DLH better just because of the themeing and magic, but how do you like PPH. PPH actually seems to get better reviews on all the bigname hotel sites.

Opinions? Pros? Cons? Good experiences? Bad experiences?

THANKS!! :thanks:

tinkwest
07-17-2007, 05:58 PM
My choice of the DLH is a personal one and I was not really trying to put down the PPH. I have stayed at the PPH several times and have never had a bad experience. My one "con" was that the furniture in the rooms did not match. The bed one style, the dresser another, the chairs yet another - kind of thrown together at the last minute looking. But there has been a refurbishment since my last stay and I have heard that the rooms are really new & fresh looking, including new furniture, with a beach theme. The only other real drawback for me is that it is the farthest, of the three DLR hotels, from the gates to the parks. But being a young couple, this may not be a concern to you!!

Consider going for a view room if you decide to stay here (although this will increase the price) so you can go to sleep and wake up with a view of DCA!

JabberJaws
07-18-2007, 02:42 PM
A view room is a good suggestion, thanks! We are going during the time of our "dating" anniversary (we have only been married nearly a month so we are still going to celebrate our 4 yr dating anny...mostly an excuse to party!:party:) and when I put in my requests I am going to mention that we are celebrating an anniversary in hopes of a free upgrade. An upgrade to a view room would be nice!!