PDA

View Full Version : All Star Sports Room Recommendations

WRWDisney
07-16-2007, 12:54 PM
My wife finished her student teaching this spring after being off work and in school since our last Disney trip. She accepted a first grade teaching position last week :mickey: and to celebrate, I scheduled a last minute trip August 1-7. We were able to get the room only discount; but we didn't get anywhere close to our first choice of hotels, but at $550 for seven nights I cannot complain.

My question is what kind of recommendations do you all have for us as far as building, room #, or just things we should know about the resort?

Thanks for your help.

Mom to a Princess and a Prince
07-16-2007, 01:26 PM
We just stayed there in May. At the recommendation of some Intercotees, I requested the Hoops building and it worked out well for us. The location was very quiet and the walk to the "action" isn't bad.

Have a great trip!!

Mickey'sGirl
07-16-2007, 01:35 PM
One of the best stays we ever had was at the All Star Sports in January -- So much so that we have another week booked there in October! :thumbsup: We stayed in the Hoops section -- a ground floor room not far from the parking. It was a bit of hike to the shops or food...but that was fine by us. The location worked for us. Have a great trip!! :mickey:

Also -- Housekeeping was top notch. Our room was always cleaned for us regardless of what time we returned for our break.... Fabulous job.

Strmchsr
07-16-2007, 02:06 PM
Click here (http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/allstarsports/default.asp) for all the All Star Sports info, including a map of the resort.

I don't think you can go wrong anywhere. Last time we stayed there we were in surfing on the ground floor right next to the pool and still had no noise problems (and I'm a very light sleeper). It's a fun resort!

Nekochan
07-17-2007, 09:11 AM
I was in the surf building on the opposite side from the pool. It was quiet and VERY convenient to the food court for my morning cup of joe!!! It was a prefferred room, but I felt worth the extra bucks.

magicofdisney
07-17-2007, 03:26 PM
We almost always stay at All Star Sports. In May we stayed in the basketball section (Hoops?) in a back corner near a reserve area. I actually don't recommend that spot. I don't recall our room number but it was room 32. And for some strange reason, we had the worst housekeeping experience ever. I guess that just helps us appreciate all the times we have wonderful experiences. :mickey: Anyway, it was kind of drab and dreary back there. It was close to parking and not far from the food court. I just like more light in my surrounding. Happy planning. :mjump: