View Full Version : The Darcy's Disney Oddysey - Day 11

KylesMom
07-16-2007, 09:35 AM
Cast of Characters:
Me, 41 (Favorite Character Mickey)
DH, 41 (Favorite Character Grumpy)
DS, 9 (Loves Both Mickey & Stitch)

Day 11 –Tuesday, June 19, 2007

It’s off to Epcot for us this morning. The drive over is uneventful, and we are ready at rope drop – FOR TEST TRACK! :thumbsup: I have the boys get in the standby line while I procure FPs, and a few minutes later we’re off to see what our Chevy Speedster can do. Funny enough, this is the first time ever that we’ve been in the Standby line for this attraction! Lots of interesting things to do & see while in line, including hunting for Hidden Mickey’s!

We have an exhilarating ride, and DS is BEGGING us to check the standby line again when we get off. It says 20 minutes. DH & I look and each other & agree to go again. Good Lord, you’d have thought we gave DS the best present in the world, he’s so happy! :cloud9: Another great trip, and another inquiry by DS to do it again. However, this time the Standby wait is a lot longer (it’s after 10:00 now), so we’ll move on. I line up everyone for pictures near the Kodak Imagination sign, and DH sees Figment at the top of the hill. We run up the hill, wait our turn & get DS’ picture with Figment. From here, DS actually suggests we go see HISTA. OMG, he had a FIT as a toddler, and he’s never been interested in going again. We made him go a few years ago, and he was not a happy camper. He still remembers it scared the snot out of him! The show is about to start – man, I miss the True Colors montage that they used to have in the beginning – and so we grab our glasses & sit in the back row on the end.

DS ends up kicking both DH and I when the little critters scurry around the floor (trying to get outta their way), but otherwise it was uneventful. Sorry, but this is REALLY outta date. Now I remember why we haven’t been back in awhile! We take a turn on JIYI as well, ride TT now that our FP is ready (yes, you read correctly – this is the third time today!), grab yet ANOTHER FP for TT, and head over to World Showcase. As it has just opened, it’s awful quiet over here! We begin in Canada, taking pictures near the falls, and progress around the world, stopping in France and Morocco in accordance with the Times Guide for character greetings. We’ve never met Belle & the Beast, and we haven’t seen Aladdin & Jasmine at all this trip!

Alas, no characters are out, so we settle on some great photos in various locations with no one about. We need to get to Nine Dragons for our 12:15 ADR. DS has never had this type of food, but he’s tried my tempura chicken at home & really liked it. It never occurred to me that he would not like Sweet & Sour Chicken (with the sauce on the side). DS and I don’t get out for Chinese very often, so this is a real treat for us. This is our first time at Nine Dragons, and we immediately like it. DH orders the Spring Roll & Pepper Beef, I order the Spring Roll & Sweet & Sour Pork with a glass of plum wine, and DS has the children’s Sweet & Sour Chicken. We finally gave up trying to convince DS that he has eaten the chicken at home before, & tell him we’ll get him something else for him to eat when we are done. In the meantime, DH and I really enjoy the meal, and also finish DS’ for him! This is a quick table service meal, in and out in about 45 minutes, but we definitely agree it’s a repeat next year. DDE savings $9.94.

OK, around to Germany, where Dopey is out! :mickey: We say hi, then move around to Italy for a few photo opps. It’s amazing the detail on some of the buildings which you don’t see unless you’re really looking, Next, on to the America pavilion for DS – he wants a hot dog! Fine with us. While we’re finishing up, we see Pluto just coming down the walkway, so we get in line to greet him. Out comes Minnie and Mickey, too! We get to greet them in their “classic” outfits, and now I don’t feel so bad that we keep missing Safari Mickey at AK. We feel very fortunate to meet all three, as it’s really hot out & I know the characters won’t be staying around too long.

We go back up toward Liberty Inn to get another drink, and the Drum Corps is just assembling outside of American Adventure. Kyle is chosen to participate in the “Sons & Daughters of Liberty” skit, where he is officially declared a Son of Liberty and is given a replica of the Declaration of Independence. What a nice keepsake for him! :) Now is the perfect time to go see American Adventure – alas, it’s closed for renovation. Darn! The guys were actually in the mood to see it, too! Oh, well – at least we tried, right?!

We move around World Showcase the way we came, checking out the Japanese Drummers, and also grabbing photo opps as they come along. We know that this is our last day trip to Epcot, and we’re just trying to soak it all in.

At around 2:30, we decide it’s time to utilize our last TestTrack FP of the day. It’s very hot, and we’re all running out of energy! Surely there’s a mistake – the FP line is out the door & stretches as far out as the Standby line. There’s obviously been a breakdown while we were cavorting in World Showcase! Something else of note – the FPs, at 2:30, are gone for the day.

We unanimously decide to wait in the FP line for one last lap around the track. At this point it doesn’t really matter how long the line is, we’ll wait since our return on Thursday evening will probably not include a TestTrack ride. It takes about 45 minutes, all told, to reach the viewing room, but we have another fabulous experience. After riding, we stop in the gift shop and find two items to purchase – one for Kyle (TestTrack sleeveless tee), and one for us (the I-4 Ears sign).

We stop by the dancing fountains for some pics, and we also go into Innoventions to take a look at the robot activities Mickey’sGirl had mentioned her boys enjoy – but the lines here aren’t pleasant. We watch for a bit, but the lines do not move, and so we decide to move on. It’s after 4, and we’re wiped out. We’ve been avoiding the 2-4 mid-day heat for the most part, but today we were oblivious to it until it sapped us of our strength! We have a few PhotoPass pics taken, and head out to the car. We return to WL in a matter of minutes, and head straight to the room to remove our sticky clothes, shower and relax. Wow, we are all zapped! Tonight was our “makeup” Fantasmic Dinner Package just in case it rained last Saturday. I had cancelled the ressie on Sunday, and now I’m glad I did. There is no way we’re going to make it to MGM tonight. Perhaps we’ll rest & be recharged later for something exciting . . .

At around 7:00 we motivate down to Wilderness Mercantile, and buy a WL pin for our collection. We contemplate Roaring Forks for a moment, but decided against it.

We go back up to the room & check out room pizza delivery. What the heck, we'll give it a try. It’s delivered very quickly, and it actually isn't bad pizza. Unfortunately now we remember why we return to the resort mid-day . . . we’re all too tired to venture out tonight! :( We're too pooped to Party!

We saunter down to Roaring Forks after pizza for some Mickey Bars and hit the sack early. It truly has been another day of memories, with Test Track, Figment, Mickey, Minnie & Pluto and Kyle’s participation in the Son of Liberty skit.

Up Next: AK – MK – WC – Oh My!

Mickey'sGirl
07-16-2007, 09:48 AM
What a great day! You have the TT pixie dust going for you all right!! We always return to the room during the afternoon too -- otherwise the night is a write off for us! It sounds like you had a great day! Thanks for sharing... :mickey:

faline
07-16-2007, 10:12 AM
Sometimes an evening in is just what is needed to recharge everyone's batteries!

Great day!

Beach Club Babe
07-16-2007, 11:52 AM
Yet another fantastic day!

Bethis26fan
07-16-2007, 01:40 PM
Thanks for sharing.

Bethanymouse
07-16-2007, 01:46 PM
WOW! I am impressed with your stamina! You were able to get so much done! Thank you so much for sharing your trip with us!:mickey:

Lizzie
07-16-2007, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the report sounds like another great day.

pdrlkr
07-16-2007, 05:18 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

DizNee143
07-17-2007, 02:09 PM
wow what a great day at Epcot...lunch sounded very good...i want some chinese food now!! lol...why doesnt your son like sweet and sour chicken?? you guys did a lot today...sorry you guys were to pooped to do anything later in the day...:mickey:

January-2007
07-17-2007, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the trip report.

dolphinmickey9170
07-20-2007, 11:41 AM
Thanks for the report, sounds like you all had a great day!