PDA

View Full Version : April 2008 - Will it be busy / quiet ..?? HELP!!

dreamstationx
07-16-2007, 07:19 AM
Looking at visiting Orlando and the parks in April 2008... Trying to book a quiet time and Easter is on 23rd March in 2008 so will anytime in April be good...?? Early April or later April...?? Dont know about the kids being off school as I live in the UK... Can anyone help and advise..?? :D Many thanks chapps !!!

merlinmagic4
07-16-2007, 07:28 AM
:welcome:

The northeast will have school vacation from 4/19-4/26 and that is when we will probably be going. I think this tends to be a very busy time, even with Easter so early (but I'd be thrilled if it wasn't!).

faline
07-16-2007, 09:42 AM
How about early May? That's generally a lovely time to visit and the crowds are usually quite low.

jax86
07-16-2007, 10:58 AM
we live in the northeast and in 2008 easter break ranges from 3/17 thru 3/30. some schools are even having it the first week in april due to testing issues in march.(at least in the N.J. area) friends of mine who went last year at easter time said it was so bad some of the parks were closed by noon time because of the crowds and they would never do it again. i would try later april or early may which is always nice and not crowded. good luck!!:mickey:

SBETigg
07-16-2007, 11:13 AM
Our school break is at the usual time- middle of April, 19-27. That week usually is crowded at WDW due to a lot of schools sharing that week off. But maybe not as crowded as usual, because when Easter comes early, the break time is not as consistent in parts of the country. I would probably stick with early April and hope for the best.

Strmchsr
07-16-2007, 11:13 AM
:welcome: to Intercot!!!

Even with an early easter, as indicated many schools still take spring break early and mid april.
I'd agree with Faline that late April or early May would be less crowded.

dreamstationx
07-16-2007, 02:24 PM
Thanks for the reply chapps... much appreciated! :D Cant go early May as kids have exams at school... Have read lots of conflicting opinions about April.. busy early, busy late... dont go early, dont go late... :( meh!

Our actual holiday is booked for October 12th but we may be moving it due to work troubles... Would we be best sticking to this dat in the end..??? October seems good weather, end of rainy season, and seems to be a quiet time too...

Strmchsr
07-16-2007, 04:15 PM
October and April crowds are fairly similar. Moderately crowded, but not unmanageable. Other than it being "peak" hurricane season the weather is usually good as well. Maybe a little hotter than you're used to in the UK (highs in mid October are usually in the upper 80s), and certainly more humid, so just be prepared to drink lots of water and get in the shade when you can.

EeyoresBestFriend
07-21-2007, 10:09 PM
I'm looking at the same time frame myself and according to the Disney 'lighter crowds' weeks on their site - apparently the first two weeks of April are the ones to book. Hopefully not everyone on the planet gets the same idea or we will be hooped!:secret:
Would love it if there were quite a few Brit's there at that time, we love partying up with ya - you're so much fun!!:thumbsup:

Cheers from Canada :beer:

little disney lovers
07-22-2007, 07:25 AM
Are you happy to party with Aussies too? We are going for 3 weeks from end April through to mid May. I did heaps of research and this looks to be a good time, fingers crossed! We haven't booked yet, so still have time to change if need be. Luckily we'll have 3 weeks though so we can take our time.:mickey:

playdead88
07-22-2007, 08:54 AM
we were at disney last year april 22 - 28th and the crowds were not bad at all and the weather was beautiful! we plan on going in 08 april 20-26th - the spring break for virginia is the week after easter which is sometime in march and the reason we avoid going that week - have a great vacation - maybe we'll see ya there :mickey: