PDA

View Full Version : POR boat ride to DTD?

Ms.Disney
07-15-2007, 11:50 PM
We will be staying at POR for a week in Sept. My question is where at in DTD does the boat drop you off. We have ADR's one night for Capt n Jacks and another night at Wolf gang Pucks. How far from where the boat drops you off to these restaurants? Also I was wondering if anybody knew how late the boat runs? Thanks:mickey:

Piglet822
07-16-2007, 12:36 AM
The boat from POR drops you off right by Cap'n Jacks. Wolfgang Puck's is at Westside, isn't it? For that you'll need the shuttle boat that will take you from one side of DD to the other. The boats have flags on the front. Red is for the shuttle, yellow is for the resorts.
I'm not sure what time the boats run until. The night we were there they stopped at 10:30 but that was because it was July 4th and they were having a fireworks show that night.

countrycharmer
07-16-2007, 08:39 AM
When we went to POFQ the boat took us to a dock that was located next to Rainforest Cafe. Then we got off and walked to Wolfgang's.

CleveRocks
07-16-2007, 10:44 AM
As already said, the boat will drop you off just about right at Cap'n Jack's. To get to Wolfgang Puck's, you could take a water taxi across to the West Side or you could also walk. We asked the boat captain about the walk, and he said it was a 30 minute walk from the dock to La Nouba, way at the far end. We did it in about 10 minutes and we weren't speed-walking. You could walk from the dock to Puck's is 10 minutes, easily. You'd go through the Marketplace, past the Lego store, enter and walk through Pleasure Island, and Puck's isn't very far from that end of Pleasure Island. But if you don't want the walk, take the water taxi across the lake, and Puck's is maybe a 2 minute walk from there, on your left.

countrycharmer
07-16-2007, 11:26 AM
There are a few different ways, and like personalities, everyone does something different. Maybe best thing would be to talk to someone at front desk.

Gusgus
07-16-2007, 10:27 PM
Depending on when you go there may be no wait for the boat up to a really long line. The boats don't hold too many people so if the line looks really long you will probably get there quicker taking the bus.

Gusgus

Ms.Disney
07-16-2007, 10:36 PM
We will have our car while we are there but in the event that we want to have a few :marg::marg: how long will I have to wait for the bus and or boat back and forth from POR? I dont mind waiting but I would just like to know so I can get an idea how much earlier we will need to leave to make it to our ADR.

poohbearkris
07-17-2007, 08:10 AM
HI, we also took the boat to DTD and walked over to Wolfgang Pucks. We had my DS in a stroller and walked leisurely over, I would say it took us about 20 minutes. I enjoyed the walk because I had never been to the West side before and it was an opportunity for me to see what was there.
Kris

mermaidmarian
07-17-2007, 10:05 PM
In all of my previous trips to DTD from POR, the water shuttle has always delivered us to the dock by Rainforest Cafe. This past May however, the shuttle brought us to the dock at West Side.

Disnamic Duo
07-19-2007, 04:07 PM
This past May however, the shuttle brought us to the dock at West Side.

Is this new then? Is this how it is now? If so, it'd be great for us on our upcoming trip. We'll be staying at POR, and plan to eat at Wolfgang Puck our 1st night there.

Does anyone know???

mermaidmarian
07-19-2007, 06:43 PM
Is this new then? Is this how it is now? If so, it'd be great for us on our upcoming trip. We'll be staying at POR, and plan to eat at Wolfgang Puck our 1st night there.

Does anyone know???

I don't know if it reflects a change in the docking location or not. I did not think to ask at the time. I thought someone else here at Intercot would be able to chime in with a definitive answer.

MysticBlu
07-22-2007, 07:42 PM
We must have been on the same shuttle boat! We too stayed at POR in May and the shuttle dropped us off at the West side dock. We were not aware of the stops it makes on the way to and from DTD at other resorts. Added a bit more time to the trip, we were nearly late for dinner!

EmmMOM2
07-29-2007, 07:54 AM
We were dropped off at the rainforest cafe dock.

CleveRocks
07-29-2007, 08:12 AM
The "normal" dock next to Rainforest Cafe was under refurbishment from May 1-26, 2007.

hootch
07-29-2007, 02:17 PM
From 4:00 PM until 11:00 PM the boats are scheduled to depart every ten minutes. We had to wait for the second boat heading back to POFQ at about 10:00 PM and I think it took about ten minutes.

I liked the boat option because the buses have so many stops in DTD and parking places can be difficult to find.