PDA

View Full Version : Parking for chip and dale campfire

princess'npirate mommy
07-15-2007, 11:10 PM
We are planning to attend the Chip and Dale Campfire and movie for the first time. We are staying at CSR, so we will be driving to FW. Is there an area to park near the Meadows Trading Post, if not, where is the best place to park for this event? We will be attendeing in September. Does this event fill up? How early would you suggest arriving? We always to try something new on each trip (It is getting more difficult?. My DD is 10 and DS is 8, should this be fun for that age children? Thanks for the advice.

faline
07-16-2007, 05:47 AM
You won't be able to park near the Meadows Trading Post. You'll be able to park in the lot by the Outpost - where campers check in. From there, you'll take an internal bus to the Meadows Trading post.

I think how much fun it will be will depend upon the interests of your kids. If they like Disney characters, campfires, and Disney movies, they'll enjoy it!

WDWdriver
07-16-2007, 09:44 AM
The campfire show is held in a large open air theater with both bench and bleacher seating. It rarely fills up completely. If you arrive about 30 minutes early you should be fine.

TheRustyScupper
07-17-2007, 11:09 AM
1) As mentioned, park in the main lot at Fort Wilderness.
2) Take the internal bus to the campfire.

3) Directions
. . . follow WDW signs to Magic Kingdom
. . . stay in right "auto" lanes at toll booth
. . . tell attendant you are going to FW
. . . drive through toll booth and bear right
. . . take first right turn
. . . follow and go past FW entrance & guard shack
. . . take next left
. . . main lot is not guarded and free entry
. . . go to main FW bus stop

Disneyfide
07-17-2007, 05:47 PM
Is it possible to take the ferry over to FW? If so, how late does it run to get back to other resorts?

tiaramom
07-17-2007, 06:01 PM
I have never been to the chip and Dale camp fire either
Please tell me what it is?
Is it actually a show-
Can you roast your own marshmellows- ( fire etc) How with all those crowds??
Please explain
Thanks

faline
07-17-2007, 07:44 PM
It's not actually a show. It's more of an activity.

[QUOTE]Chip ‘N Dale Campfire Sing-A-Long is offered nightly at 8PM. The event takes place behind the Meadow Trading Post, Chip 'n' Dale, followed by a cartoon and a full-length Disney movie. Free of charge to resort guests. Movie starts at 8:40PM. Monthly movie schedules are posted in our Disney Camping Forum.
[QUOTE]

If the Magic Kingdom is open late enough, you can take a boat from the Magic Kingdom or the Contemporary to Fort Wilderness. From the dock area at Fort Wilderness, you walk straight ahead to the bus stop. You would still need to take an internal bus to the Meadows Trading post.

I know that there are provisions to make s'mores. I haven't done this so can't provide specifics as to how the campfire portion of this works.