PDA

View Full Version : Where to dine?

loonieroonie
07-15-2007, 11:26 AM
Hello all, please excuse me for not knowing this answer. Last year dh, ds1 and I went to WDW. I had been many, many times but have never eaten at Magic Kingdom. DH and I had no idea where to go for a counter service meal in MK. We asked a CM who wasn't able to point us in the right direction. After much wandering we found a place in Future World, only because there were people sitting outside eating.

Can you tell me how to find places to eat, not sit down dining? Thank you!

SBETigg
07-15-2007, 12:52 PM
You may have been at the Lunching Pad, which is a small counter serving food centrally located in Tomorrowland. Most of the counter service locations do offer seating inside so that you have a place to relax and eat your food, but they aren't considered "sit-down dining."

Here are some favorites for counter service:

*Casey's Corner(at the end of Main Street near Crystal Palace) for hot dogs and fries
*Pecos Bill Cafe in Frontierland, one of the larger and more popular counter service, burgers with a fixins bar
*Columbia Harbour House in Liberty Square- not a sit-down meal but lots of available seating, one of the quieter counter service places, with chicken fingers, fried fish, and salads/sandwiches- and chowder.
*Cosmic Ray's Cafe in Tomorrowland

But throughout the park, there are ice cream places and small snack areas, like the Aloha Isle in Adventureland where they serve the famous Dole Whip or the Main Street Bakery or Plaza Ice Cream on Main Street. There is so much to eat in the Magic Kingdom, and most places are well-marked and easy to find once you know what to look for-- some look as if you are walking into table service restaurants, so that causes some confusion perhaps at first. Enjoy!

disneydear
07-15-2007, 01:03 PM
If you go to info central on this site. Go to dining and then click on Disney World Dining Guide.Then you can click on the different parks and resorts and it will tell you what is available.They have a guide that tells you what kind of restaurant it is, table service, counter service, snacks, etc. Hope this helps:mickey:
Janet

BronxTigger
07-15-2007, 01:20 PM
I like Pinocchio's Village Haus in Fantasyland. It's kind of across from Peter Pan. It has pizza, chicken strips, and I think some sandwiches. Also, a few tables overlook the It's a Small World ride (no worries, you can't hear the music from the restaurant).

snifflesmcg
07-15-2007, 02:27 PM
Also, a few tables overlook the It's a Small World ride (no worries, you can't hear the music from the restaurant).

Ha ha, that's important. Can you imagine a half hour of that?!? LOL

mickey-mouse35
07-15-2007, 06:42 PM
As far as "finding" the CS restaurants, be sure to pick up a park map when you enter the parks--they have the show times and locations of places to eat.

I would check out Info Central here, though, prior to going to get a feel for menus and see what might tickle your fancy! :mickey:

Jeff
07-15-2007, 06:48 PM
Click this link to Info Central (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/diningguide/default.asp)
Each parks info has the counter service places listed.

GhostHost999
07-16-2007, 02:22 AM
I think my two faves are Cosmic Ray's Cafe, and Pinocchio's Village Haus. Both have decent prices and good food.

And if yo want a great snack on the go, grab a Dole Whip. Can't go wrong there. :mickey:

Donald A
07-16-2007, 05:36 PM
My wife always insists that we go to Pecos Bill's. You can get a decent burger there.