PDA

View Full Version : NYC cop dies from traffic stop shooting

gueli
07-15-2007, 09:06 AM
Russel Timshenko, 23, died at Kings County Hospital from the injuries he suffered early Monday when he and his partner stopped a stolen SUV in Brooklyn's Crown Heights neighborhood, according to Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly.
Timoshenko had been paralyzed, suffered brain swelling and was unable to breathe on his own. His partner, Herman Yan, hit in the chest and arm but saved by his bullet-resistant vest, was released from the hospital Tuesday. Kelly said Timoshenko died while on life support.

"The officer passed away on his own," Kelly said. "It is a very sad day for all of us."

Two suspects captured in the Pocono Mountains of northeastern Pennsylvania were charged in the assault; a third man suspected of driving the getaway car is being held in New York.

The shooting suspects had been facing charges of attempted murder. Charges were stepped up to first-degree murder after Timoshenko's death, a spokesperson from the Brooklyn District Attorney's Office says.

Its another sad day for NYC Finest.
Please keep this brave young officer in your prayers.
Thanks
Gueli

pdrlkr
07-15-2007, 09:15 AM
Over an SUV ?? :crying: :crying:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
07-15-2007, 10:54 AM
:(

We have been following this story. So very sad. My BIL is a PD Sergeant here and will be going in for the PD services.

Many thoughts and prayers for his family.

tinkerbellybutton
07-15-2007, 10:55 AM
How sad. It's pathetic that crooks have no problem taking a life over something so stupid. One thing I am glad about is that charges for assaulting an officer are higher than average assault (at least here) There was a man that Bruce was booking on simple assault who then threw him backwards, it was all caught on tape and the man went from simple assault, misdemeanor, to assaulting an officer, felony. These men and women risk their safety and lives every day to make our lives better and they deserve recognition, support and thanks. My heart goes out to the officers family and they will be in my prayers. :pixie:

StitchLuvr
07-15-2007, 03:32 PM
:crying: My thoughts & prayers with the family, the PD, and everyone there affected.....

What is this world coming to?

:angel::pixie:

SgtTigger
07-15-2007, 03:56 PM
:crying:

:cop: :tigger:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-15-2007, 10:17 PM
"The officer passed away on his own," Kelly said. "It is a very sad day for all of us."
I know I'm taking this sentence out of context, but he did NOT pass away on his own. He passed away because some moron shot him! When did human life become so disposable? People don't think twice about pulling out a gun or knife and killing someone.
My sympathies to this brave man's family. And a big thanks to all those who put their lives on the line to protect us, service people, police, fire etc. THANK YOU!!

Bethis26fan
07-15-2007, 10:33 PM
That's awful, so sad. Thoughts and prayers for the family

mrsgaribaldi
07-15-2007, 10:56 PM
Prayers and :pixie::pixie::pixie:for him and for his family and friends.

gueli
07-16-2007, 05:50 AM
PAYROLL PRINCESS-
I think that Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly
was refering to was that the officer was not pulled off life support ( he had been on life support since the shooting). I understand you took the line out of contex, I just wanted to give a little more info, having been the one who posted the article in the first place.
:mickey:

merlinmagic4
07-16-2007, 07:11 AM
This just breaks my heart.