PDA

View Full Version : Disney cancels random ADR's?

snifflesmcg
07-14-2007, 04:47 PM
Yesterday I read about post about the Spirit of Aloha show sometimes gets cancelled due to bad weather. So today I called Disney to get an ADR for a lunch added on. While I was on the phone I asked her about the bad weather policy. I said "I'd like to make an ADR just in case this gets cancelled due to bad weather". She told me that you can not make two ADR's for the same night because they will go in the system and randomly cancel one if you have two. Has this ever happened to anyone? This is the first I have heard of this and this is my third year in a row I'm going.

SBETigg
07-14-2007, 05:15 PM
I have heard that they were getting ready to institute this policy.

I recently changed a Rose & Crown ADR to Teppan Edo. It's not certain if Teppan Edo will open in time, so I pondered keeping R & C, but the CM recommended I cancel it instead of having two on the same night. I went along because I hate to keep someone out of R & C if Teppan Edo works out and I'm an optimist. But maybe she wasn't just "recommending" it to be nice. Maybe the policy change was ready to go into effect.

CleveSJM
07-14-2007, 05:17 PM
I have heard of this. Seems a nightly computer program runs looking for duplicate ADR's. If it finds one, it cancels one to fix the situation. I think it ran a report before but now it's an automated process.

Point is, don't make duplicate ADR's or one will be toasted. :cool:

septembergirl
07-14-2007, 05:27 PM
What if we have an ADR for lunch and then another for dinner? :confused:

Pop Centurion
07-14-2007, 05:55 PM
What if we have an ADR for lunch and then another for dinner? :confused:I think it's only if you make ADR's on the same day at the same location.

Gotta Love the TTA
07-14-2007, 06:09 PM
I think it's only if you make ADR's on the same day at the same location.

..or the same time.

Obviously you cannot be at a 6:30 at Le Cellier and a 7:00 at 'Ohana.

I'm really surprised that this (seemingly) minor software upgrade didn't happen years ago.

snifflesmcg
07-14-2007, 06:19 PM
She told me it was 2 ADR's per night. I guess that means that I can't have the Spirit of Aloha and let's say.....Ohana's in the same night. So far they hadn't cancelled any but I'd hate for them to cancel something that I was planning on going to.

vamaggie
07-14-2007, 06:26 PM
When I made my ADRs for Nov back in May I was told that they could not make 2 ressies for the same "time period" (like the Le Cellier & O'hana exapmle given above) or the system would not take it. When I went to change an ADR they said they had to cancel the first one to make the new one.

WonderlandsMostWanted
07-14-2007, 06:52 PM
I intended to change a few reservations the other day. I've changed a few times, actually, I need to stop that! Anyhow, each time, they said it was better to check for and make the new ressie first just in case, so we didn't lose the origional if the new one wasn't available. I'd make the new reservation for the same time and went back at the end of the call and cancelled the old ones.

Well, I called the other night because I wanted to change from one restaurant on Dec 9 at 5pm to another restaurant on Dec 9 at 5pm. I made the new reservation, checked on and changed a few other things and ended the call. Today, when I read this thread I panicked a little because I never cancelled the old reservations! (I really didn't want to hold up a time slot that someone else wanted/needed) So, I called a few minutes ago and cancelled my old reservations. The new ones were all still there, as well as the old ones (same evenings, times, etc, different locations)

Perhaps this software only runs once a week? Or every few days? I made the duplicate reservations on Wednesday. Today is Saturday, and nothing had been cancelled on me.

CleveSJM
07-14-2007, 06:56 PM
... Perhaps this software only runs once a week? Or every few days? I made the duplicate reservations on Wednesday. Today is Saturday, and nothing had been cancelled on me.

I heard it runs close to the date of the reservations to allow time to fix ressies accidentally duplicated.

Polynesian Dweller
07-14-2007, 07:34 PM
I would have thought that they always had that in place. It really is unfair to make ressies and take up space like that. Its hard enough to get in some places without folks taking up two spaces knowing they won' t use one of them.

Lesson is easy, if you want to go to some place, decide and make that one ADR.

PirateLover
07-14-2007, 07:45 PM
I don't think it's always been in place because I have read on other boards that people actually suggest making multiple ressies for the same night if you don't want to be "tied down" but also don't want to lose out. I find that to be extremely selfish, so I'm glad they have this software. I understand you would like to have a backup but really it isn't fair.

Pocahontas
07-14-2007, 10:09 PM
I understand why they would cancell one ADR if two are made for the same night, but I have another concern. I have 4 people in our party (all staying in the same room with DD plan); on a few nights we plan to pair up and go to different resturants. Will this show up as if I made two ADR's for the same night and cancell one on us?

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-14-2007, 11:36 PM
We have had a couple of our ADR's randomly cancelled on us recently. If you have 2 within a certain time of each other, you do run the risk of having one cancelled. I think they told my sister they have to be within 3 hours of each other.

vamaggie
07-15-2007, 06:57 AM
I understand why they would cancell one ADR if two are made for the same night, but I have another concern. I have 4 people in our party (all staying in the same room with DD plan); on a few nights we plan to pair up and go to different resturants. Will this show up as if I made two ADR's for the same night and cancell one on us?

I was told it would not be a problem as long as the numbers don't duplicate. So 2 ADRs for 2 people should be fine but 2 ADRs for 4 people may get dumped. The other thing you could do (not trying to beat the system) is make the ADRs with 2 phone numbers.

January-2007
07-17-2007, 04:08 PM
If an ADR is to be cancelled, I believe it is the responsibility of the CM on the phone to tell that person, not just have the computer erase them from the system. That's ridiculous. Just make sure you keep your confirmation numbers!