PDA

View Full Version : Parking for Car Trailer

Tink's Friend
07-14-2007, 04:43 PM
We'll be taking a motor home to Fort Wilderness in October, and we'll be towing our car on a car trailer. What we're wondering about is where we'll be able to park the trailer. I know that only one car is allowed per campsite, so I expect that the trailer will need to be parked somewhere else. But the question is where? I spoke with Disney reservations, but they weren't sure, so I thought I'd check here before I tried to contact Ft. Wilderness directly.

Thanks, in advance, for any info you can give me.

Suzanne Q
Bristol, TN

jpcormier
07-14-2007, 06:11 PM
I don't have first-hand experiece with this, but I believe that you could pull into the main parking lot at FW, unload the car from the car trailer and leave the trailer in the parking lot. Then, take the motor home and car to the site. I'm sure others will chime in...

ibrowse17
07-14-2007, 06:19 PM
I have seen trailers like that parked in the big lot at the enterence of FW, but I am not sure what the rules are for this. I would call and ask:thumbsup:

TheRustyScupper
07-15-2007, 02:06 AM
The main lot at the entrance to FW is used for
. . . overflow parking
. . . non-camping guests visiting Fort Wilderness or eating
. . . guests going to Hoop Dee Do show
. . . parking for a second (or third) car *
. . . trailers

* Campsites and cabins are only allowed to park on car at the location. The extra car(s) must park at the main FW gate lot. And note, that one-half of the lot is not protected by the parking lot guard, as it is public access without going through the guard kiosk.