PDA

View Full Version : Ticket & Transport Center??

apequet
07-14-2007, 03:06 PM
I know this maybe a dumb question for some, but I've never been to WDW and whenever I ask someone "how do I get somewhere" they say..."take the TTC"???? I just can't picture it....What the heck is this thing? Is it a building, a monorail, a bus or what? And where exactly is this place? I feel funny asking about this, but I'm a blonde at heart and I just don't get it. :) Thanks for helping!

faline
07-14-2007, 03:49 PM
The Ticket and Transportation Center used to be the hub of all travel at Disney World. At this location, you could pick up a bus to almost any destination at Disney World; get on the monorail to either the Magic Kingdom or Epcot; or pick up the ferry to the Magic Kingdom. It's also where those driving to the Magic Kingdom park their cars.

Over time, things have evolved and, while the Ticket and Transportation Center still exists, it is no longer the hub of all Disney transportation. In some cases, trying to get to someplace on property from this location will be an exercise in futility.

The monorail station is still there as is the ferry. Some buses still depart from this area. Parking is still located here. To be honest, though, I can't think of the last time that I took a bus from here!

To get around Disney World, check this out (http://http://intercot.com/infocentral/transportation/gettingaround.asp)!

Lizzie
07-14-2007, 07:51 PM
This is where you park if you are going to the MK. You can take the monorail or bus to the MK from here. And I believe you can catch a monorail to Epcot.

LilHooligan74
07-15-2007, 05:54 PM
Just a few more questions about the TTC. I have a basic understanding about the transportation system at WDW. We will be staying at BWV. Do buses from the resort go to the individual parks only, or do they still go to the TTC? I know I can take the launch or walk to MGM and Epcot, but I am fascinated by Monorails. So my question is after the MK closes can you take the Monorail to the TTC then get on bus to Resort or do you need to get on bus at MK? Last question(maybe;)) To get to monorail stop at Epcot you have to pass through Epcot via Gateway, correct? If so that would mean after the park has closed you can't take Monorail from TTC then walk through back to BWV, correct? Thank you for your help, I hope I put this in the right thread

Piglet822
07-15-2007, 06:32 PM
Do buses from the resort go to the individual parks only, or do they still go to the TTC?

Buses go to the 4 theme parks, 2 waterparks, and DD. The only buses that go to the TTC are non Disney buses.

after the MK closes can you take the Monorail to the TTC then get on bus to Resort or do you need to get on bus at MK?

You'll have to catch your resort bus at MK.

LilHooligan74
07-15-2007, 06:51 PM
Thank You. I am sure once I get there it will be easy to understand

DisneyDudet
07-15-2007, 07:13 PM
And also note, to get to MK from AK or MGM, you will stop at TTC, not MK. As well as vice versa.

To get to monorail stop at Epcot you have to pass through Epcot via Gateway, correct? If so that would mean after the park has closed you can't take Monorail from TTC then walk through back to BWV, correct?

If you want to ride the monorail from YOUR resort, you will need to pass through Epcot, via the International Gateway (which means you will use a day on your park ticket). Once you exit through the main gates, the monorail station is right in front of you.

Once Epcot closes, the monorail will stop running about an hour or so later (or until park is cleared). It will, most likely, not run after that. If you are at MK and it closes later than Epcot, you will need to catch your resort bus at MK.

The TTC is also used for those staying at Monorail resorts. If they are coming back from Epcot, they catch the monorail, then transfer at the TTC to the resort monorail.

LilHooligan74
07-15-2007, 09:31 PM
If you want to ride the monorail from YOUR resort, you will need to pass through Epcot, via the International Gateway (which means you will use a day on your park ticket).

Okay so let me get this straight. I am trying to not sound so stupid. So if I want get to MK from my resort via monorail I use a day on my park ticket to get through Epcot even if I have the park hopper option? I thought with that you could bounce around?

DisneyDudet
07-16-2007, 03:46 AM
Okay so let me get this straight. I am trying to not sound so stupid. So if I want get to MK from my resort via monorail I use a day on my park ticket to get through Epcot even if I have the park hopper option? I thought with that you could bounce around?

Well, it would depend on if you had the park hopper option. If you do, it starts your day (unless its your second park). If you have one park, one day, you can only go to Epcot.

If you have a park hopper and you'd like to do this, then you're good as gold!

And it is quite a walk!

faline
07-16-2007, 06:11 AM
If, however, you planned a non-park day, you would still use a day on your ticket if you walked through Epcot to get to the monorail. If you have the park-hopper option and you want to go to parks, you won't need to worry about using a day on your ticket because your ticket will still be good at your destination park even if you've used it just to walk through Epcot!

You could also plan a day to visit the monorail resorts. Start at the Magic Kingdom. Get on the monorail resort and get off at each or some of the resorts to check them out!

LilHooligan74
07-16-2007, 11:30 AM
You all are amzing thank you for all the information:number1:

Well, it would depend on if you had the park hopper option. If you do, it starts your day (unless its your second park). If you have one park, one day, you can only go to Epcot.

If you have a park hopper and you'd like to do this, then you're good as gold!

And it is quite a walk!
Thank You, that is what I thought. We did get the park hopper option. I don't mind the walk, me DDs might:blush: I will probably end up carrying both, It will be ok because I am used to carrying hose and an Airpack on my back so I should be good. Might need a dry shirt when i get there though.:) Can I get to the TTC from BWV to ride monorail to MK so I don't have to walk through Epcot?

You could also plan a day to visit the monorail resorts. Start at the Magic Kingdom. Get on the monorail resort and get off at each or some of the resorts to check them out!

We purchased a park pass to match the amount of days we were staying based on wanting to eat at different parks then the one we spent the day in. I never thought about just checking out resorts, that would be a neat thing to do, I think my mother would like that also.:thumbsup:

DisneyDudet
07-16-2007, 02:27 PM
Can I get to the TTC from BWV to ride monorail to MK so I don't have to walk through Epcot?

Very rarely do TTC buses come by the resorts, but that doesn't mean they won't. I've seen one maybe once or twice since they stopped running resort buses there. They probably just changed the sign for their next assignment.

The easiest way to get to TTC w/o using the monorail at Epcot would be to walk or take the boat to MGM, and catch the TTC bus from there. That might take you a while as well. Just make sure you plan on an hour or two either way, to just be on the safe side.