PDA

View Full Version : Hi...Im new here (question)

Twinkletoes77705
07-14-2007, 01:57 PM
Hello to you all. I found intercot in the year 2000 for my first ever Disney trip. I could not have done it as good as I did without you all. Yet I never came back after....well I did a while but I got VERY depressed knowing it would be a while before I went back....I mean DEPRESSED. However IM GOING BACK...either in Sept of 07 or Jan of 08. that bring me to my question. A friend of mine told me today that Parent Magazine is offering a promotion fro 2 adults and one child 4night and 5 days tickets,resort, and dinning plan for $900. Anyone else heard of this one. She is going to give me the code. I was just wondering if anyone else had used it. That is why we would go in SEPT because the offer ends in OCT.To me it sounds like a good deal beacuse we have 6 people going 4adults 2 children....purrrrrrfect;)

faline
07-14-2007, 03:54 PM
I'm not familiar with this promotion. I know that Disney was offering a promotion for the end of this summer which included free dining.

I'd suggest working with Magical Journeys (http://http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/). They should be able to help you apply any discounts for which you might apply!

Marilyn Michetti
07-14-2007, 04:07 PM
[SIZE="6"]WELCOME TO INTERCOT

Sorry I can't answer your question, but let me be the first to "Meet 'n Greet" you.:)

Donalds Duckie
07-14-2007, 05:42 PM
I also suggest you contact Magical Journeys. I won't go to Disney without them!:mickey: They'll know about any current promo for DisneyWorld and will be able to let you know about any promos that come available before your travel dates.

Wishing you a warm welcome to INTERCOT:welcome::pixie::cheer:

KAT1811
07-14-2007, 07:40 PM
While I also cannot answer your question I also wanted to welcome you to Intercot. :welcome: To Intercot :welcome: I think you're going to like it here!!!

I did search the Parents website and was unable to find any offerings for a WDW vacation offer but I agree that if it's out there Magical Journeys knows about it.

Twinkletoes77705
07-20-2007, 08:06 PM
Thank you all! I have been with my son at camp this week and this is my first time to get on my comp. that you all and I WILL get with Magical Journeys!

wdw_bound
07-20-2007, 08:46 PM
Based on another post, I see that your son is in a wheelchair. I don't use a travel agent so that I can work directly with Disney to accommodate my DDs special needs. I have no experience with Magical Journeys, but would advise you to ask a lot of questions before booking your trip. We booked our first trip with a local travel agent (again, NOT MJ), and our room requests were not properly transferred to Disney. We didn't find this out until our arrival, by which time it was too late to do anything about it, which made for a difficult situation for us. I am sure that MJ is great to work with based on their wonderful reviews here, but it might be worth asking about their experience with special needs requests.

Strmchsr
07-20-2007, 08:53 PM
That's an excellent point. Let me speak from experience. My DS6 is a type-1 diabetic. He, of course, has a lot of dietary needs. Wendy of MJ was extremely helpful in guiding me through taking care of his needs. I would assume they would be just as helpful and knowledgeable about taking care of other special needs situations.

coloradowendyl
07-20-2007, 09:56 PM
Disney is very accessible for wheelchair guests, both in the parks and the resorts. The first thing I suggest to my clients with any type of special needs is the Passports Walt Disney World for Your Special Needs guide book. It is an excellent source for information about accessible rides etc.

Making sure that your specific needs are communicated to Disney is very important. Disney does their best to accommodate all guests with special needs, however, they do need that information on your room reservation. Whether you book on your own or through a TA, be sure your needs are communicated to Disney.

A guest assistance card in the park will also give allow you to enjoy the parks.

I have found a great website that is solely devoted to navigating Disney parks and resorts in a wheelchair. If you would like to private message me for the site, I would be happy to forward it to you.

Wendy