PDA

View Full Version : CR Construction Question

Donalds Duckie
07-14-2007, 08:38 AM
I am staying at CR MK Tower View for an extended Labor Day weekend:cloud9: I'm not letting the construction deter me, but I am curious about whether the Food & Fun Center, Concourse Steakhouse, gift shops, etc. will be closed/being relocated during my stay.

Anyone know anything?:confused:

Thanks in advance.

beksy
07-15-2007, 10:37 AM
I don't know about it but I do have ressies for Chef Mickey's and Concourse in October so hopefully they aren't changing much in that area before then! We'll be staying at the CR so please let me know about your trip when you get back. :mickey:

Have a great trip! :cloud9:

Donalds Duckie
07-15-2007, 10:44 AM
Beksy, thanks for letting me know you have ressies at Concourse in Oct:cool: I haven't made a single ADR, I suppose I should think about that and do it soon if I want to have a TS meal this trip.

I'll definitely do a trip report when I return. Maybe while I'm there if I can get a computer in my room or use the Business Center computer.

DisneyCrazy
07-15-2007, 11:35 AM
I am staying at CR MK Tower View for an extended Labor Day weekend:cloud9: I'm not letting the construction deter me, but I am curious about whether the Food & Fun Center, Concourse Steakhouse, gift shops, etc. will be closed/being relocated during my stay.

Anyone know anything?:confused:

Thanks in advance.

The Food & Fun Center is closing on July 30th for its conversion over to The Wave restuarant. There'll be a temporary quick service location on the 4th floor, near the Outer Rim Lounge. The Wave is scheduled to open in either March or April '08. Once The Wave opens, Concourse Steakhouse will be closed for its conversion to the new quick service location, Chef Mickey's Express, which is scheduled to open in August 2008.

Donalds Duckie
07-15-2007, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the info DisneyCrazy:cool: This helps me give me an idea of where construction is taking place within the CR Tower Building.

How I wish I was out on my balcony at CR w/MK view right now!:cloud9:

GhostHost999
07-16-2007, 02:16 AM
ok so the Concourse Steakhouse is going away for good? Or is The Wave sort of replacing it?

(I have not been since '01 and am confused)

Plus the concourse steakhouse was a great place to have breakfast. You would see the monorails coming in overhead and knew it would not be long before you were on one, heading for the park. :mickey:

DisneyCrazy
07-16-2007, 01:55 PM
ok so the Concourse Steakhouse is going away for good? Or is The Wave sort of replacing it?

Plus the concourse steakhouse was a great place to have breakfast. You would see the monorails coming in overhead and knew it would not be long before you were on one, heading for the park. :mickey:

Yes, Concourse Steakhouse will be closed for good in either March or April 2008. The Wave will be located on the 1st floor. It's my understanding that the menu will completely different - an Asian Fusion Menu. It'll be interesting to see if The Wave is open for breakfast. The space occupied by Concourse Steakhouse will become Chef Mickey's Express -the new quick service location.

By the way, the Contemporary's lobby is currently being refurbished. It should be completed by Sept.

Donalds Duckie
07-17-2007, 08:11 PM
Thanks DisneyCrazy for the info that the CR lobby refurb "should be" completed by Sept.!

Do you happen to know if the temporary quick service location will be open 24 hours like Food & Fun Center?

Yes, I will be very upset if The Wave isn't open for breakfast. Contemporary Steakhouse is a favorite breakfast spot for me.

beksy
07-18-2007, 01:00 AM
Good Question! I was wondering the same thing :confused:

mickeys_princess_mom
07-20-2007, 10:06 AM
I'm trying to decide on one more table service for December trip, and just caught on that Concourse Steakhouse will be closing next spring. I was wondering if I should book it since my son(24) has never eaten at this one, and it'll be his only chance. Will any construction be going on right around it that would sort of take away from the atmoshpere?........
:thanks:

Donalds Duckie
07-28-2007, 07:01 PM
It seems that construction of The Wave will be taking place at the old Food & Fun Court location until March or April 2008. At that time, it appears The Wave will open, the Concourse Steakhouse will close, and construction of the new quick/counterservice location will begin on what was Concourse Steakhouse. If this information is correct, you will be safe making an ADR at Concourse Steakhouse for your December trip.

I called last this last Thursday evening, 7/26, and got my ADR request for 9 a.m., Sept. 1, 2007 breakfast at Concourse Steakhouse. I'd call and make your ADR for Concourse Steakhouse, if you haven't already done so.

Enjoy!:mickey:

mickeys_princess_mom
07-28-2007, 10:06 PM
It seems that construction of The Wave will be taking place at the old Food & Fun Court location until March or April 2008. At that time, it appears The Wave will open, the Concourse Steakhouse will close, and construction of the new quick/counterservice location will begin on what was Concourse Steakhouse. If this information is correct, you will be safe making an ADR at Concourse Steakhouse for your December trip.

I called last this last Thursday evening, 7/26, and got my ADR request for 9 a.m., Sept. 1, 2007 breakfast at Concourse Steakhouse. I'd call and make your ADR for Concourse Steakhouse, if you haven't already done so.

Enjoy!:mickey:
Thankyou so much! I did call and book it, so we're on! :wave:

Figment!
07-28-2007, 10:14 PM
From Tidbits May 2007 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=103538)
The following is in reference to a tentative timeline that has been internally released regarding further changes to the Tower section of the Contemporary Resort:

August 2007 - Newly renovated Fantasia Shop will re-open.
June 11, 2007 through November 2007 - The Lobby will undergo partitioned refurbishments to update the area's image and decor.
July 2007 through October 2007 - The resort's grounds will undergo partitioned refurbishments to install new landscaping and re-route existing Guest paths.
See also Contemporary Resort Restaurant Renovations (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=107969)

Donalds Duckie
07-29-2007, 12:29 PM
Thanks Jason!:mickey:

I'm hoping the partitioned refurbishments to the lobby, grounds, and guest paths don't interfere too much with my stay, but it's still going to be a great trip I'm sure:cloud9:

Just 33 days 7 hours 50 minutes until I fly away to WDW!:cool:

Figment!
07-29-2007, 12:38 PM
I'm hoping the partitioned refurbishments to the lobby, grounds, and guest paths don't interfere too much with my stay...So far, Guest reports have indicated no significant inconveniences due to the partitioned construction projects around the resort.

Have a magical trip! :smickey:

M Riddle
07-30-2007, 09:00 PM
Is the CR still going to have an arcade?:confused: They have the best arcade of any Disney Resort. It would be a shame to loose it. :(

Figment!
07-30-2007, 09:35 PM
Is the CR still going to have an arcade?:confused: They have the best arcade of any Disney Resort. It would be a shame to loose it. :(
The arcade was moved from the Food and Fun Center to a stand-alone location on the Grand Concourse level under the new moniker "Contemporary Games".

M Riddle
07-31-2007, 11:29 AM
Thank you Figment for the info. :mickey:
You are :number1:

Donalds Duckie
08-01-2007, 11:13 PM
Jason, do we know yet if the temporary quick service at CR will be 24-hour like the old Food 'N Fun Center?

Also, does CR still 24-hour room service w/limited menu between midnight and 6 a.m.?

Thanks so much!

30 days from this moment I'll be in my room at CR Tower looking onto the MK!:cloud9:

Figment!
08-02-2007, 10:14 AM
Jason, do we know yet if the temporary quick service at CR will be 24-hour like the old Food 'N Fun Center? Not yet.