PDA

View Full Version : Seat configuration in ride vehicles

kdkhopper
07-13-2007, 11:07 PM
Is there a list anywhere of what the seating configurations are in the ride vehicles for all of the various attractions? I'm planning a trip this winter and trying to plan ahead for the last minute inevitable heartache my three children will have if they realize as we're getting on a ride that they have to ride with any family member who's not mom! It's not easy being adored! :crowd:

Disney Babe
07-14-2007, 05:41 AM
The Matterhorn Bobsleds will be changed to side by side by the time you go, so they will seat two together. So do Big Thunder and Space Mt. I'm not sure about Splash. The Davy Crocket Explorer Canoes sit two side by side, but rows are very close together. I think that the Haunted Mansion is limited to three in a doom buggy, so it might be a treat for them to all go together if they are old enough. I'm not sure about the dark rides. I think Dumbo is two in front and two in back?

Some rides/attractions you can all enjoy together would be Pirates, Indy, Jungle Cruise, Star Tours, Honey I Shrunk the Audience, the Enchanted Tiki Room, the Disneyland Railroad, the vehicles on Main Street, the Mark Twain and Columbia, Storybookland Canals Boats, Casey Jr. Circus Train, Mad Hatter's Tea Cups, It's a Small World. And, of course, finding Nemo. That's a lot! And I don't know about DCA, haven't been there.

Disney Babe
07-14-2007, 05:42 AM
Forgot the Adventures of Pooh, I think you can fit four in there. When I rode it, the car had a front and a back with the back large enough to accomdate an adult and three small children (not teens).

SPCMT
08-22-2007, 11:57 PM
Splash Mountain (if memory serves) seats only 1 each row like two people will be assigned each row by the cast member (like go to 1 or 5) but each one has 2 seats its kinda hard to describe but ull understand it when you get there.

Also are the Matterhorns really chaningin? darn i was hoping to bring my girlfriend and it would be fun to be in the old seating (i think u guys know why) oh well i guess we can still enjoy it

Disney Babe
08-26-2007, 12:31 AM
If you're local, take your girlfriend by Labor Day. The Matterhorn should be closing for refurb September 4th, but may not show on the DLR calendar.