PDA

View Full Version : Tiki Family Trip Report #5: July 11-12

TikiGoddess
07-13-2007, 09:43 PM
Wednesday, July 11:

We took our time getting up this morning, which for us means getting up around 7am. Breakfast was in the room and we were out to the pool by 8am. Unfortunately, the pool slide didn’t open until 10am so Julie and I had to make do with swimming in the pool and cavorting with the ducks. (I know, it’s terrible!) We stayed there until about 9:30 when it was time to change, pack up and head out to DTD. We finished our shopping there (Katie got a box of play jewelry that she chose with Dad) and wanted to eat at Earl of Sandwich but the line was way too long for our cranky children. So we went to the Crossroads and went through the drive through at McD’s. Everything about our order was wrong – fries instead of apples for the kids, black coffee instead of 2 creams and sugars for my guy, etc etc. But we were too tired and hot to go back. Tim drove us back to Tampa while I dozed and the girls watched a movie.

We went swimming in the pool one more time (surprise surprise), had pasta for dinner, and went to Rita’s one more time (surprise surprise). In the morning we threw everything into the car and caught our 9:55 flight home. The flight home wasblissfully quiet and only about half full.

Thankfully the weather is much cooler here at home than in FL. It’s in the mid 80’s and 60’s at night. My body thanks me. We don’t mind the heat so much when we’re down there (being in Tampa helps to get our bodies acclimated to the temps before we head to Disney) but after 9 days of high temps and lots of exercise it catches up to you.

Final Thoughts:

I have been thinking and planning this trip for a long time. I have to say that it turned out better than I imagined it would. There are so many things you can’t plan for, like meeting Mary Poppins on the carousel, or how the kids will react to a certain ride. The best part was seeing Katie really understand and ‘get’ the make believe and buy into the characters and stories. She’s finally old enough to enjoy the parks like her sister does.

The Wilderness Lodge was as good as everyone says it is. My husband asked me if I would ever stay there again and before he was done with the question I said YES. It’s a beautiful resort with a great pool and gorgeous theming. I think it’s worth the extra $50 or so a night over a moderate. Now I have to convince him to stay there during our week long trip next year….

One tip for pin traders: the pin cart near Whispering Canyon has a pin book and you’re allowed to trade two pins a day. I traded 6 during our stay and the lady who was at the cart was great to talk to.

So thanks for muddling through all my grammatical errors and run on sentences. I'm off to bed, as I am running my first 5K at 8am tomorrow!

Sincerely,
Kathy

bouncer
07-13-2007, 10:38 PM
Really nice reports. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. So nice of your hubby to split up & take the girls for you! He's a keeper.;)

dolphinmickey9170
07-13-2007, 11:03 PM
Oh, it sounds like such a wonderful trip. Glad you had a great one.

Momof2boys
07-13-2007, 11:32 PM
What a great trip - the perfect mix of relaxation, swimming, and (of course) Disney. Thanks for sharing your wonderful family vacation :mickey:

Christine
07-13-2007, 11:49 PM
What a fanastic vacation! I am so glad you all had a wonderful time. Sounds like I need to work on my hubby to try WL!! :secret:

Bethanymouse
07-14-2007, 12:53 AM
Good luck running the 5k! I am glad that your trip turned out so magical. The WL is beautiful and the convienence of being that close to the MK is worth it with little ones. Thanks for your reports!

merlinmagic4
07-14-2007, 07:06 AM
Good luck on the 5K!!! So, that's where you got all your energy..........from all that walking/running you did with that program!! So glad you had a wonderful trip :cloud9:

Lorraine444
07-14-2007, 02:39 PM
Thanks for the reports Tiki, I was waiting for them to hear how all went.
Sounds like you had a great time! The planning you did with the chocolates was an incredible idea....
Oh how I miss my baby not being a baby anymore. I am however looking forward to the really silly almost teens on my trip.
The ride lines for you all seemed to have turned out great! Hope it's like that for me.
The DREAM TEAM! Lucky you! I missed a picure with all you in the mouse ears? If you have one can you post it?
I have 22 days left and I've kinda relaxed on the whole deal. I'm sure it'll kick in again soon.
Glad your family had a wonderful trip, any secrets you learned on this trip feel free to share.

Lizzie
07-14-2007, 07:06 PM
Thanks for the reports. It sounds like it was a great trip.

ElenitaB
07-14-2007, 10:38 PM
Thanks for sharing your trip with us.. lots of wonderful memories for all of you!

January-2007
07-14-2007, 11:18 PM
Thank you so much for all of your wonderful trip reports! I wish you lots of luck on your run tomorrow and happy planning for next summer! :mickey:

realtreebar
07-15-2007, 12:33 AM
thanks for sharing!

pdrlkr
07-15-2007, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

ChipnDaleGal
07-15-2007, 10:26 AM
Kathy - thank you so much for sharing your trip with us. It sounds like you all dealt with the heat and humidity very well and had a great time together. Happy planning for your next trip and good luck with talking your hubby into the Wilderness Lodge again. :mickey:

faline
07-15-2007, 05:42 PM
Wilderness Lodge is a lovely resort! I'm glad you enjoyed it and had such a wonderful trip!

Bethis26fan
07-15-2007, 06:17 PM
Thanks 4 sharing your trip.

sleepingbooty
07-17-2007, 04:30 PM
Thanks for the reports, and good luck with your race!

KylesMom
07-17-2007, 11:08 PM
I'm so glad that you enjoyed WL, Kathy, and the trip was everything you wanted it to be. It's never long enough, is it? I'm pleased that your two beautiful daughters enjoyed the trip, too. Thanks for taking the time to share your magical time with us! :mickey:

DizNee143
07-20-2007, 11:09 AM
they love to swim your daughters dont they?? sounds like a nice end to a great vacation..thank you so much for sharing it with us..i really had a great time reading about it..:mickey:

gauvin4
07-24-2007, 12:56 PM
TikiG, I just wanted to say Thanks for the fabulous trip reports!! I enjoyed them very much! :mickey: Your girls are beautiful!!!