PDA

View Full Version : Tiki Family Trip Report #4: July 10

TikiGoddess
07-13-2007, 09:37 PM
Tuesday, July 10:

Original plan: go to MK for early EMH, leave around noon to nap, and go back to MK in the evening

Since we got to sleep at 9:30 the night before, we all woke up fairly early. We ate and got ready by 7:30am, just in time to catch the boat to the MK. First on the list was Buzz Lightyear. We rode twice without any wait and then went to Tea Cups. We went so fast that Katie had to tell Daddy to slow down! Then to the delight of our young ‘uns we did Pooh and Small World. Katie was dancing and even clapped her hands when she saw the hippo in the jungle room (she has a thing for hippos). I love her enthusiasm and how happy she can let herself be.

We split up after that. Tim and Katie rerode Peter Pan, Pooh, and Small World (bless the man). They also got to meet Pooh and Tigger (http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f369/songster02/DSCN2896.jpg)where Katie was all big hugs and adoring eyes. Julie and I set off to ride Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain. Thunder was first and Julie liked it, although she said the bats were too noisy (in the cave at the beginning). She didn’t want to go on it again. Splash Mountain was our longest wait of the trip – about 20 minutes. We sat in the back row and as we were coming around the first outside turn we got hit with a deluge from the water cannons. We were SOAKED! At least I didn’t have to worry through the whole ride about getting wet! Julie did great on Splash – the build up to the big drop had her a little scared but other than that she was fine. She’s my little daredevil.

Jule and I walked back to Fantasyland to try and find Daddy. He wasn’t answering his cell phone so I let Julie play in the fountains by Ariel’s Grotto (she was already wet, so who cares…). I kept calling him and then luckily spotted him over by Dumbo. Turns out he didn’t hear his phone ringing and the vibrator wasn’t on. This is a man who doesn’t normally carry a cell phone, so I cut him some slack… :D anyway we were back together. We had just enough time to see Philharmagic before the show in front of the castle. Katie and Julie really got the movie and enjoyed it thoroughly. This was my DH’s first time seeing it too and he said it was well done.

At 11:40 we stood out in front of the castle holding the girls up so they could see the show. It’s a great show, although I wish they some more characters in it. Peter Pan was a bit hit with our crew, as were Mickey and gang. Tim and I were sweating profusely by the end of the show and decided it was time to get some lunch (in an air conditioned space!). First we went to Casey’s (very busy), Plaza Restaurant (no reservations? 2 hr wait), and then to Cosmic Ray’s (no tables free and lines 7 people deep). Tomorrowland was almost impassible with people lined up for the Monsters Inc show and Stitch. We finally gave up and took the boat to the resort, where we ate in relative peace and quiet at Roaring Fork. I had the pepperoni flatbread/pizza and it was really tasty! Hot and fresh out of the oven.

Nap time. I took my book (Sex Lives of Cannibals, recommended by someone on Intercot) and found a nice spot overlooking the lobby. We woke the girls up at 4:15 and drove over to Animal Kingdom. We parked quite close to the entrance, so we walked in. That walk had to be the hottest moment (besides the sauna called HISTK playground) of our trip. Even my DH who lived in FL for 3 yrs said that with the sun beating down on us it was one of the hottest he’s felt Florida weather. It didn’t help that he was carrying Katie at the time. Once we reached the shade of the park we were fine. We went to Pizzafari for dinner. The kids shared some cheese quesadillas and Tim and I had sandwiches. These were both very tasty – I have to admit to being surprised at the quality of the counter service meals we ate on this trip. I would definitely get the Italian sandwich again. We also loved the décor in Pizzafari. The kids liked the bugs on the chairs and the possums hanging on the columns.

When we went outside we noticed some storm clouds coming. We made it to ITTBAB with only a few drops of rain hitting us. The kids liked the show, although it seemed to be missing some of the effects that Tim and I remembered. Katie is still talking about the stink bug, and Julie was particularly impressed by the spiders. After we left the clouds were looking more ominous so we headed over to Dinoland, our last stop. We flew on Triceratop Spin and then Julie decided that she wanted to try Dinosaur. Tim went over with her and Katie and I tried to go back on Triceratop Spin, but they closed the ride because of the impending storm. So we headed over to Cretaceous Trail only to be chased inside the Dinosaur shop by some wicked sounding thunder. It’s a good thing that we did because right after the thunder started, the rain came pouring down. Tim and Julie showed up right after – she had been fine all the way through the queue but decided at the last minute to not ride. We hung out in the dinosaur shop for a while and then put our ponchos on to go to the Dino shop in Chester’s and Hester’s. Little did I know that this shop doesn’t actually have Dino merchandise (although I LOVE the theming). So back to the Dinosaur shop to buy my girl an iguanadon and a t-shirt.

The park was almost empty by now. The storm had chased everyone away and the park was closing in about 15 minutes at 8pm. We rode Triceratop Spin one last time as the storm had passed and then walked out of the park. On the way out Julie spied a rainbow in the sky and later said that that was her favorite moment of the day.

Tim stayed back at the room with the girls and watched the All Star game while I went traipsing off to Epcot EMH. Have I mentioned what a fantastic spouse I have? I drove over and as I entered the parking lot it started to pour again. I was almost going to turn around and go back to the hotel but decided to give it a try. What was I going to do, go to sleep? Not when I can be in a park! When I entered the park everyone and their mother was trying to get out. Illuminations had just ended and the masses were leaving. I got my wristband and swam upstream and over to Nemo. I liked the ride and I know my girls will really enjoy it. The end is great -- where it looks like the characters are swimming in the tank is really cool.

I checked on Soarin’ after that but there was a 40 min standby line and no FPs to be had. So I did Imagination (okay, I really don’t get this ride… I used to enjoy it but where’s the imagination part of it? They really need to redo this ride with some audience interaction. How cool would that be!!), got pastries in France, rode the new Mexico ride (well done), and went shopping in Mousegear. I checked Soarin’ one last time at 11:20 and the line was still at 40 minutes. The park was empty all night except for the Land pavilion. I think I saw more CMs walking around than guests!

And so off I went to get some sleep.

Tomorrow: our last day at Disney.

dolphinmickey9170
07-13-2007, 10:59 PM
You have one darling husband. He sure sounds like a keeper.

Momof2boys
07-13-2007, 11:29 PM
I love sneaking away for some alone time at the parks. Brownie points for your hubby :thumbsup:

Pastries in France :tasty: <<-- This is one of our favorite places in all of WDW that we visit multiple times on our trip

Christine
07-13-2007, 11:45 PM
I love that you are getting some solo time in the parks! Your Disney husband must follow the same motto as mine: if momma ain't happy, nobody's happy! :D

Bethanymouse
07-14-2007, 12:48 AM
I am glad that you were able to get out a little alone. I am sure it is so relaxing to enjoy the parks at your own pace! Thanks for sharing with us!

merlinmagic4
07-14-2007, 07:03 AM
Your energy is amazing!! I'm usually the first one in bed..........way before the kids are ready!

Lizzie
07-14-2007, 07:04 PM
I am hoping for some quiet time in the park on our next trip. The question is can I get my husband to stay at the hotel with the kids while I go wandering? hmmmm

ElenitaB
07-14-2007, 10:35 PM
Sounds like another wonderful day... and yes, you do have a great DH! :thumbsup: Any chance we can get him cloned? ;)

January-2007
07-14-2007, 11:10 PM
You really can go, can't you! Lots of EMH evenings, how fun! Thanks for the trip report, I love all the details!

realtreebar
07-15-2007, 12:35 AM
thanks for sharing!

pdrlkr
07-15-2007, 09:58 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

ChipnDaleGal
07-15-2007, 10:22 AM
That is nice that your husband was good with you heading out and doing EMH. Although it was a hot one, it sounds like another fun day for your family. :mickey:

faline
07-15-2007, 05:31 PM
What a fun day! It's always nice when busy moms get some "me" time!

Bethis26fan
07-15-2007, 06:13 PM
sounds like another great day

iheartmickey
07-16-2007, 03:59 PM
That sounds like a great day! I think I'm gonna have to convince DH to let me have a moment to go to the park by myself! :secret:

Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

princessgirls
07-16-2007, 10:34 PM
Thanks for the fabulous report!!

Julie:mickey:

sleepingbooty
07-17-2007, 04:27 PM
My hubby would have been all to glad to hang back and watch the game as well!

KylesMom
07-17-2007, 11:01 PM
Isn't it amazing how quiet the parks can seem until late morning, and then they are so crowded you can't move?

What a great day - I am impressed, a three park gal! Sorry you didn't get to ride Soarin', though. And I certainly agree with you about Imagination.

I can't believe your adventure is coming to a close! :(

DizNee143
07-20-2007, 10:18 AM
what a great day...in the Magic Kingdom...your girls are sooo cute...i love the pics you put in!! aww tomorrow is the last day...