PDA

View Full Version : Tiki Family Trip Report #3: July 10

TikiGoddess
07-13-2007, 09:28 PM
Monday, July 9:

Monday’s start was to be at Chef Mickey’s for breakfast at 7:30am. Unfortunately the alarm clock didn’t go off and we ended up getting up at 6:45. When we woke up the girls found a note from Tinker Bell. She had stolen some of Capt. Hook’s treasure and hidden it in our room. If we found all the coins then she would hide more the next night. The girls found a bunch of chocolate coins around the room (and continued to find them each morning). It was a great way to get them out of bed and excited for the day. By some miracle we managed to get to Chef Mickey’s at exactly 7:30. This was a great breakfast for the kids. We saw Donald (he liked the drawings that the girls had done for him), Pluto (http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f369/songster02/DSCN2826.jpg) (who drank some of Katie’s orange juice and licked her head), Minnie (who told us she was having Mickey over for dinner that night because his kitchen was a mess), Goofy (who showed us some of his best dance moves), and Mickey (who also loved the notes we wrote him).

After some fun in the arcade and a trip on the monorail we stopped at the Polynesian and bought the above mentioned shiny pink Princess swimsuits for the girls. When we got back to our room the girls had a surprise waiting for them! Mickey (wink, wink) had loved their letters so much that he had sent over a present for each of them. Katie got a Prince Eric doll and Julie got a dinosaur puppet. Then off to the pool! Katie ended up ruling over the kiddie pool and Julie and I did the pool slide. The pool slide was worth the price of the hotel room. She had the biggest smile on her face every time she came down and would yell “again!” We went until 12:30 when we headed back to the room for PBJ and naps. There is little chance that I will nap while at Disney, so I walked around the resort, visited the gift shop, and took lots of pictures.

We went over to the AKL for dinner. It was cloudy and storm clouds threatened. It is a beautiful resort and I’m sure we missed lots of the details. I noticed that it seemed rather dark. Boma was wonderful but we were seated at a table where we could barely see our food. But I wasn’t about to complain -- the food was out of this world!! The tamarind pork was fantastic, as was the melt-in-your-mouth prime rib. We loved all the spices and flavors. The desserts, of course, were the highlight of the meal, and that’s saying something. Zebra domes, chocolate mousse, cocomisu… pardon me while I wipe the drool off my keyboard.

We went out on the Savannah overlook, looked in the gift shop, and then went back to the WL. We were all asleep by 9:30pm, me included! Tomorrow would be a busy day: EMH at MK!

dolphinmickey9170
07-13-2007, 10:50 PM
Sounds like a delicious day. Love the pix.

Momof2boys
07-13-2007, 11:22 PM
Did the girls like the food selection at Boma ? We have ressies for breakfast this October since we'll be staying at AKL and since they don't like to try new things I was wondering if there's "kid friendly food" for the younger ones ?

It's great to get some resort exploration done while daddy & the kids sleep :cloud9:

Christine
07-13-2007, 11:28 PM
You have really gone all out to make sure your girls' trip is magical and memorable! :thumbsup:

Bethanymouse
07-14-2007, 12:40 AM
What a good idea with the gold coins. I might have to do with with my Disney Fiance this trip! He has trouble getting up and out too! We love chef mickeys and I am glad that the girls enjoyed it so much. Pool time is always nice and relaxing and such a great part of the vacation. I cant wait to read more! :mickey:

merlinmagic4
07-14-2007, 06:56 AM
I love the coins idea!! I found AKL and Boma to be dark, too but I still loved them. The food is delicious!

Lizzie
07-14-2007, 06:59 PM
Wow sounds like a fun relaxing day.

ElenitaB
07-14-2007, 10:22 PM
You are the best mom to have planned these great things for the kids. I love that you had a day of Disney magic without stepping foot in any of the parks... thanks for sharing.

January-2007
07-14-2007, 10:59 PM
That picture of Pluto drinking some of your daughter's juice is just too cute! Thanks for the trip report, it sounds like another fun filled day!

realtreebar
07-15-2007, 12:35 AM
thanks for sharing!

pdrlkr
07-15-2007, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

ChipnDaleGal
07-15-2007, 10:15 AM
That coin idea is a very clever way to get sleepy kids going in the morning. :thumbsup: Sounds like a nice and relaxing day. Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

faline
07-15-2007, 05:25 PM
You've found some great ways to extend the Disney magic!

Bethis26fan
07-15-2007, 06:01 PM
Sounds like a nice day, thanks for sharing.

princessgirls
07-16-2007, 10:28 PM
Tiki~

Another great day in the World.

Thanks for the report.

Loved your idea of the coins from Tink.

Julie:mickey:

sleepingbooty
07-17-2007, 04:16 PM
Ooooh, you've got me drooling for Boma now, too!

KylesMom
07-17-2007, 10:50 PM
So glad you enjoyed Chef Mickey's and Boma as well. Great ideas all around - love the idea of the coins! Isn't WL the greatest? What a great mix of good food, good fun and relaxation today. Thanks for sharing!

On to the next installment! :mickey:

DizNee143
07-20-2007, 10:01 AM
that is such a cute idea with tinkerbell and the coins...sounds like a nice day...you got to visit a few resorts...and Chef Mickeys is the best!! glad you enjoyed that and dinner at Boma..:mickey: