PDA

View Full Version : Vacation book for Kids???

poohbearkris
07-13-2007, 08:45 PM
Hi, I was wondering if anybody knew if Disney had any type of activity book or something to get kids ready for their trip to WDW, something appropriate for a pre-schooler. Thanks.
Kris

kaylamag
07-14-2007, 10:28 AM
I got my girls (7 and 2) Birnbaums Disney World for Kids by Kids. My seven year old really enjoys it, and its nice for my two year old to look at too.

IDreamofEeyore
07-14-2007, 10:36 AM
Since the age of about 3, our DS has loved studying the park maps. He really enjoyed finding his favorite attractions on the maps. And they helped prepare him a little bit for our trip.

Now your family can order "custom" park maps through the WDW website for FREE! Your kids can pick out the attractions that they are most interested in for each park. Our son (6) had a great time "designing" his maps. We received them in the mail in about 2 weeks. He loves them so much, we are taking them with us to WDW next week!

pixiesmimi
07-14-2007, 01:35 PM
I got my DGSs the WDW for Kids last year and they enjoyed the hints on where to find Hidden Mickey's and just an intro into what to do for their age and hints and secrets. I enjoyed reading it too. Unfortunately, they lost it before the trip and we didn't have it to take with us. (Found it later) :( But it is a very good book. You can get it at Books A Million or other book stores.

biodtl
07-14-2007, 08:10 PM
The Guide to the Magic for kids looks pretty cool - it has activities like scavenger hunts, etc.

countrycharmer
07-15-2007, 08:30 AM
My kids used INTERCOT to search and find their information...all the way from resorts we are staying at to the character meals they want to use, to the park events, etc.

The nice thing is that it is constantly updated and never "past" date like old maps, etc.

However, you can go to the Disney site and get customized maps that are very cool, in advance, for your trip and let the little ones "plan" what they want to do first, etc.

poohbearkris
07-15-2007, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the infi. I fiynd on t he disney website they have sime preschooler maps and activity sheets,which I plan on printing, but where can you make the customized maps. Thanks.

countrycharmer
07-15-2007, 06:24 PM
If you go to the top of the page where it says my vacation, etc., then click on that. You may have to put in your reservation number, etc., and then it brings you to where they may have messages for you, gives you a chance to input your itiniary and also to make customized maps for your family!! If still having hard time, please feel free to PM me and I will walk you through it.

RaRaRoundTheWorld
07-15-2007, 06:25 PM
For the Disney maps, you have to register with the disney vacation website. You can order one set of maps in one 6 month period. They include stickers. Also, you can order a vacation DVD, which my kids enjoyed even more after we came back (since it was their first trip and they recognized so much).

Also, if your children are old enough to go online, and you decide to register with the Disney vacation site, you can select attractions and rides to build an itinerary.

RaRaRoundTheWorld
07-15-2007, 06:27 PM
I hope ir's allright to post these links to the official Disney vacation site:

For the free DVD:

https://secure.disney.go.com/disneyparks/en_US/vpkIndex?name=VPKOnePage&sourcecode=10947&referrer=wdw&scbr=1

For the maps:

https://secure.disney.go.com/wdw/myVacation/customizedMaps/index?id=CustomizedMapsFlashPage

Mickey91
07-15-2007, 11:21 PM
Our kids loved the Birnbaums for Kids. It has great pictures and riddles and things. My DD(9) still likes to get one, my DS(13) has graduated to the adult version.:mickey:

poohbearkris
07-15-2007, 11:22 PM
Thanks for the links, that was much easier.
Kris

countrycharmer
07-16-2007, 10:18 AM
Just a thought, how about calling reservations and ask if they could mail to you what they usually give at check in....in December and April each of our kids got a Disney adventure booklet, and coloring pages and all kinds of literature?!