PDA

View Full Version : How difficult?

chefmickey3
07-13-2007, 05:57 PM
We are new DVC members at SSR. From your previous experience or knowledge, how difficult is it to get reservations at WLV 7 months out in the summer. We are hoping to stay at WLV later in August. Do I take a chance? What happens if nothing is available? How flexible do we need to be?

mprewitt
07-13-2007, 06:58 PM
The only "difficult" reservations include:

OKW Grand Villa
BWV Standard and BoardWalk View
AKV Concierge and Value
BCV/BWV during F&W festival
VWL during December (esp Christmas)You should probably be able to get a ressie at VWL at the 7-mo mark, despite it's small size.

dlpmikki
07-14-2007, 03:16 AM
I would say you may be able to get a reservation and you may need to wait-list. It is certainly not a sure thing. The best thing to do is to book SSR at 11 months so you know you have somewhere to stay and then try to change to VWL at 7 months, waitlisting if necessary.

chefmickey3
07-14-2007, 09:20 AM
If I book 11 months out at SSR and then switch is there a penalty or fee? What happens if I don't and then SSR is booked? Is it likely in August? This is all new to us. I don't think I mentioned we need a 1 bedroom.

dlpmikki
07-14-2007, 10:44 AM
There is no penalty to switch. If you don't book SSR then at 7 months you will have to take what you can get. SSR and OKW are more likely to be available due to their size. The process is very flexible you can chop and change dates and locations as you like, providing there is availablity.

Maleficent's Dad
07-14-2007, 02:25 PM
We were able to book VWL at 7 months this year (going later in August). Different times of the year bring different levels of difficulty in getting ressies.

Overall, the two toughest to snag are BCV and VWL. The BCV are always tough to get.

The waitlist does work, but it's not guaranteed to work - some people have found it more effective than others.

Good luck! :mickey:

dixielandings
07-17-2007, 10:03 AM
We're new members too. But as I understand it, SSR almost always has something available b/c it's just so huge.

But I wanted to address your question about flexibility. I told my DH when we became members that if we were going to be disappointed if we weren't always able to stay in EXACTLY the place we wanted, then we probably shouldn't buy the membership. So we're committed to being flexible with every trip and if we need something REALLY specific, we'll make the ressies as early as possible in the DVC timeframe. I believe this is of key importance to enjoying the membership.

Best wishes getting what you need!

tinkerbell04
07-17-2007, 02:47 PM
:mickey:Definitely book at SSR and then try for WL. Always go on the wait list, we have had that come through at the VERY last minute, a few days before arrival. Last year we added 3 nights at the last minute in August and I was able to get the Boarwalk, a studio, the day before we were to arrive!