PDA

View Full Version : 3 out of 4 parks

Jenemmy
07-13-2007, 03:41 PM
A friend of mine was looking at a WDW package that included 3 day base tickets. That made me start thinking that if I were booking a trip like that, which park would I leave out?? I went all over the place with it and couldn't make up my mind! LOL -- what about you -- if you had to pick 3 out of 4 parks -- which one would you abandon and why??

disneymom15
07-13-2007, 04:00 PM
That's a hard question. It would have to be between MGM and AK. My most favorite ride is RoRC. I don't think I could pass up that ride, so I'd have to say I would skip AK.

tink'72
07-13-2007, 04:02 PM
I would leave out Animal Kingdom. Not really sure why. It's the one park I've never really warmed up too!

TennesseeTink
07-13-2007, 04:05 PM
I would leave out Disney Studios. It seems to be the park we usually spend the least amount of time in. DD15 and I ride ToT and R&RC (DH and DD9 don't care for either)but then we kind of wander around like "What now?" Even if we have a whole week at WDW, we rarely go back to the Studios after the initial visit. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Fantsamic and if I can visit all 4 parks in one trip, I certainly would, but this park is our least favorite. Needs a boost of some kind.Just my :twocents:

AndrewJackson
07-13-2007, 04:08 PM
I would leave out Animal Kingdom. Not really sure why. It's the one park I've never really warmed up too!

Ditto. Although, my family and I really enjoyed AK in March, I would skip it if I could only visit three of the parks.

January-2007
07-13-2007, 04:09 PM
On our last trip that was 8 nights we didn't even go to Animal Kingdom at all and we have Annual Passes so obviously that's where I wouldn't go. We like the other 3 parks a lot but AK not so much.

crazeedizneefinatic
07-13-2007, 04:10 PM
I would have to say definately Animal Kingdom. Never really spend any amount of time there, so that would be my pick.

ncscgirl2005
07-13-2007, 04:42 PM
Wow. You guys are making me rethink my trip. I am going for 3 days but we have park hopper tix. I was going to leave MGM out all together and definetely do AK. Still might do that but you guys have given me something to think about. If I can fit MGM in I will but I'm not too thrilled about it.

vamaggie
07-13-2007, 04:49 PM
Wow. You guys are making me rethink my trip. I am going for 3 days but we have park hopper tix. I was going to leave MGM out all together and definetely do AK. Still might do that but you guys have given me something to think about. If I can fit MGM in I will but I'm not too thrilled about it.

You could always do AK in the am when the creatures are more active and the park is not so hot and then do MGM in the afternoon/evening since a lot is indoors. This is what we tend to do.

krose78
07-13-2007, 05:06 PM
I would say AK because that is a park we have only done once. But we are going to try it this vacation maybe our opinion will change. If it did I would say MGM would get left out.

rjbarker
07-13-2007, 05:12 PM
We'd definitely leave out MGM. We love Animal Kingdom (Dinosaur, Safair, Expedition Everest, the Nemo show, etc, etc)!!! MGM is great but we go to Disneyland all the time and many of the attractions at MGM were copied into California Adventure so when we're at MGM we don't really feel like we're at Walt Disney World. And even though we love Fantasmic, we like it better on the river at Disneyland so we wouldn't mind having to miss it to go on Expedition Everest! On our last trip, we even spent 1/2 a day at MGM and 3 days at Animal Kingdom!

On the same note, we love EPCOT way more than the Magic Kingdom and people think we're weird but I think that's attributable to the fact that EPCOT and AK have so much more magic for us because the other two parks are like just being back at home.

Tick-Tock
07-13-2007, 05:15 PM
We often skip MGM altogether. It doesn't have much of interest, especially when you remember what is used to be like. The park definitely needs some new attractions.

luvdiznee
07-13-2007, 05:56 PM
In this case, I would get the hopper and do them all. Doing AK in the morning and MGM later in the day, as previously suggested. Have a great time. :mickey:

dinahvixen
07-13-2007, 06:04 PM
We are going in september (we've only been twice in 10 years)for three days although we've never been to AK, we are jilting MGM. We may do a stop in after AK so DH can ride RnR and ToT, but MGM never seemed "disney" to me, it was small and lots of shows. I just never warmed up to it.

Mickey91
07-13-2007, 06:28 PM
I would definitely leave out AK. Not much there but a lot of walking!

BethieTink
07-13-2007, 07:34 PM
For us this is a no-brainer. We have zero interest in MGM. DH doesn't like rides like ToT and RnRC and after that is not much left. The only reason we are even going for a couple of hours this coming trip is to have lunch at
50sPTC and try to catch another picture of me with Daisy Duck (this time with DH). We much prefer Animal Kingdom over MGM any day.

dolphinmickey9170
07-13-2007, 08:02 PM
I wouldn't leave out any park. I would add one more day to the ticket at guest relations and pay for an extra night at the hotel.:D

tinksmom02
07-13-2007, 09:33 PM
Last trip, I tried to leave AK out of our trip, but we ended up there for a few hours on our last day. I've decided to give it a real try in Sept and am dedicating a whole day for AK (although I suspect we won't need it).

We can't really avoid MGM, though...DD is almost 5 and loves Playhouse Disney and the Muppets, and MGM is (I think!) the only place to meet the Little Einsteins, and now the Rats.

Tough choice!

pixiesmimi
07-14-2007, 01:31 PM
I would leave out AK. We went last year and didn't enjoy it at all. It was hot with few places to cool down and by noon we were all bickering. It closed earlier than the others so we just left early and hopped over to MGM for our dinner reservations. We haven't gone back and none of the kids have begged to. We did enjoy the Safari ride but that was about all. If you really want to do all four, I would agree that going early in the morning and then hopping to MGM for the afternoon would be the best. MGM doesn't have a lot but it has more than AK does for us.

EvilQueen2006
07-14-2007, 02:56 PM
I would probably leave out MGM. This is a tough decision because RnRC is an all -time favorite, and Fantasmic is my favorite nighttime show. There are a few other fun things there, like ToT, Star Tours and the Muppets; but that's about it. I don't really like to sit and watch a lot of shows.

Disney_or_bust
07-14-2007, 04:03 PM
Since I've been there I would say Epcot. But if you've never been there it's hard to cut one out. I wasn't impressed with much of Epcot (at least compared to the other parks). The countries part was nice to walk around, but that was about it for me.

psychotekkie
07-15-2007, 12:29 AM
Definitely AK or MGM, but it really depends on your personal preference. So I would suggest picking up a Birnbaum's guide or something, and read a bit about the attractions. Then you will see what YOU are most interested in.

GrmGrninGost
07-15-2007, 10:04 PM
I would leave out Animal Kingdom. To me I can do all that I like there in half a day. There is a tremendous amount of walking also. And, I don't care for the restaurants (except for Tusker House which is closing for renovation from CS to TS anyway).

Jenemmy
07-16-2007, 07:26 AM
Well, I posed this question to my DS (11) and his response was Magic Kingdom!!!! I clutched my heart and fell over!! LOL.

I guess Animal Kingdom is where I am leaning as we have always seemed to do that park in record speed. However, I have always said that if I were alone, or with adults only that I would like to really linger at AK, take my time -- wander all the paths. With children the age of my kiddos, that just doesn't happen.....

mouseketeer mom
07-16-2007, 07:58 AM
We always have park hopper passes, but it seems that on each trip we either leave out MGM or AK, one or the other. We stayed at AKL last trip, and did the sunrise safari..so I'm pretty sure we will skip AK for our upcoming. We won't miss it either...AK and MGM just don't hold the same appeal for us as Epcot and MK..We would NEVER skip those!!!!!

avantgardeinker
07-16-2007, 09:52 AM
That's a tough question!! If I could only choose 1 park that would be an easy answer. Even if I could only pick 2 parks, it wouldn't be so difficult to decide. But to only leave one park out?? I really don't know.... At first I would have said MGM, but DH really likes MGM and now that I have a 2 yr old, I'm really looking forward to all the shows MGM has to offer. But I love AK as well for all the animals and KS and of course the new EE. I just don't think I could answer this one and then stick to my answer!!

143 more days!!
:mickey:

offero
07-16-2007, 10:05 AM
MK, Epcot and AK.

On our last trip my family agreed we could skip MGM and not feel as if we missed anything or at least go for a few hours and just leave. :(

Or if you really want to you can do most of MGM and AK in the same day. Other than two or three rides MGM has become lackluster and can be done in a few hours, then take a quick trip to AK you can see almost everything in about four Hours.

irish1967
07-16-2007, 02:02 PM
No question - Animal Kingdom - we probably go there once every three visits, if that! We enjoy it when we do go, but it isn't high on anyone's priority list.

Dedivah
07-16-2007, 03:46 PM
WOW!! This is a toughie!

I love AK. I am a major animal lover. To leave out AK would mean leaving out: Everest, Kali River Rapids, Festival of the Lion King, Dinosaur. I just must see the new Finding Nemo show.

MGM: RoRc, ToT, Playhouse Disney, Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, Fantasmic and Indiana Jones

EPCOT ~ WORLD SHOWCASE, Soaring, new ride in living seas (turtles)

Magic Kingdom ~ Space Moutain, I have not done Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted House, Splash Mountain, MOnster's Inc Laugh Floor.

I'd need a Park Hopper. I can't not do any!

mickeyfan2001
07-18-2007, 07:03 PM
I would have to say AK. We went once and we didn't really enjoy it much. I would be much happier at the other 3 parks.

SBETigg
07-18-2007, 07:33 PM
While it would be a shame to miss Tower of Terror, one of my favorite and one of the best WDW attractions, I would have to skip MGM. There just isn't as much to thrill us at MGM lately. Animal Kingdom has grown to be one of our favorites while Studios has dropped in our esteem.

MsMin
07-18-2007, 08:08 PM
If I couldn't have a hopper it would be a toughie. It's such a toss up btwn AK and MGM I might pick the one w/ the longer hours. :blush: I loved EE but love ToT and RnR too. I would lean toward the two thrill rides that I love vs the one. We just saw the Nemo Show so that wouldn't be a factor.
Honestly, If I went for 3 days I would want the hopper b/c most often only 1 park is open later and I would want the most for my brief time there. With a hopper I would do MK EPCOT and split time btwn MGM and AK. It takes us 2 days just to do EPCOT

chefmickey3
07-18-2007, 08:21 PM
I think I would leave out MGM. Although I like RoRC and TOT, I would rather do Everest. My kids love Everest and Dinosaur. My only complaint is that the park is so huge and it is always hot in the summer with all of the vegetation!

scootch713
07-18-2007, 09:52 PM
It would depend on the kids ages. I did that my first year I took my girls(alone... with a 2 and 5 year old). I left out Epcot. So I think that answer would vary depending on your family size and their ages.

DessertDivaFL
07-18-2007, 10:03 PM
We are doing the 3-day park tickets in November without the hopper option so we are doing MK, EPCOT and MGM because we have Busch Gardens over an hour from our home so we can get our animal fix there.