PDA

View Full Version : House Hunters -- Disney decorator

DisneyDog
07-13-2007, 03:35 PM
Did anyone see House Hunters last night? It was the one with the law student who moved from Las Vegas to New Orleans, and she needed a house within walking distance to her new school.

At the beginning, she said she had her Mickey Mouse collection in storage. But, I was surprised to see how extensive that collection was, once they showed her new house all decorated. There wasn't a square inch of the house that wasn't "Mickey-fied." She even had a stamped, metal ceiling put into her bedroom -- the stamps were little tiny Mickeys.

If you saw it, what did you think?

ChipnDaleGal
07-13-2007, 03:49 PM
I am completely obsessed with this show. I better have that episode waiting for me in my DVR tonight! Now I am even more excited to see an episode than I normally am. :thumbsup:

sgdisney
07-13-2007, 04:18 PM
I love this show and try to catch at least one episode everyday! I saw the Disney girl episode last night and thought her new place looked really great with all of her Disney stuff. She mostly had Mickey items, but they were in every room and outside too. And her dog's name was Walt, after none other than Mr. Disney himself!

Beast_fanatic
07-13-2007, 11:47 PM
I missed the beginning of this episode, so I didn't know she had a Mickey collection until after she moved in.

I was really impressed with some of the items that she had (the ceiling and the chair rail in particular).

Christine
07-13-2007, 11:52 PM
Cool! I hope I can catch a repeat of this one sometime! :mickey:

kakn7294
07-14-2007, 12:21 AM
I saw it - I really liked most of what she did. I thought the bedroom looked a little too "bordello" for Mickey, but hey, she's a Mickey fan and that's what counts!

ChipnDaleGal
07-14-2007, 12:31 PM
Her living room was very cool with all the Mickey stuff. I loved the colors she chose and the way she did the three mirrors in a Mickey Head! Cute dog too! :thumbsup:

Beast_fanatic
07-15-2007, 07:35 PM
It's back on right now!

TheDuckRocks
07-16-2007, 10:51 AM
I loved it! It was way over the top for my house at this period of my life, but if I were young and single that would really be fun to do.
I do hope to finish our basement in the next year or two and move my DH's very, very large and ugly wide screen TV down there and make it a media room. I have been keeping all my Disney stuff to go in it and plan to make the room look like a movie theater. Plan to put the TV on the center of the back wall and build storage units on either side for all the Christmas decorations, etc. In front of the whole mess I will install floor to ceiling/wall to wall drapes, that we can put back to view TV and get to the "stuff". Planning on have lots of shelfs with lighting to display my Disney goodies.

Lynn J Mc
07-16-2007, 04:18 PM
I was surprised that she wanted a place that really said "New Orleans". Whatever place she chose was really going to say "Magic Kingdom" so I thought she made the right choice to save the money and go with the less expensive house.

wdwgrl377
07-19-2007, 11:31 PM
I've got to find out exactly where this girl lives at!! I'm in the same vicinity as she is!! I'd love to go and see her home!! WOWIE!! I recorded it myself to get some ideas!! :mickey:

I love House Hunters too!! I love to watch the people search for their perfect home!!