PDA

View Full Version : Flame Tree

jenperich
07-13-2007, 02:42 PM
I read here, on Intercot, that Flame Tree is seasonal. Does anyone know if it will be open at the end of November? I'm going to WDW from Nov. 24-Dec. 2. We were planning on eating there at our day at AK. But, I'm just hoping it's open. Let me know...thank you!!

StitchLuvr
07-13-2007, 03:10 PM
I hope they're not seasonal....it's one of our favorite places to eat & we will definitely be there in January!! My daughter and I LOVE their BBQ chicken.....and chocolate cake.....their baked beans are out of this world too!

Now I'm hungry!

:eat: :tasty:

big blue and hairy
07-13-2007, 03:21 PM
The websie says seasonal operation, but whenever I ask a castmember, they look at me funny. I've gotten answers like, "well, I don't know what seasons it's closed!" Apparently it's open all the time.

:sulley:

dog-ears
07-13-2007, 05:04 PM
It has been closed (at least some years) when we've gone in early Nov - hate that, it really limits the eating spots in AK. This year we're going in early Nov again so we'll see. Don't know about late Nov or Jan.

Mickeydream
07-13-2007, 08:58 PM
We'll be in the World Nov 21-Dec 1 and have Flame Tree as our dinner choice when at AK. We hope they are open as well; all reports say the food is great there.

Jenperich, we will be staying at POP. Perhaps we can have a meet during the week. I have posted our agenda in the "Meets" section.

I'm sure you're as psyched as we are with the planning. Most of the legwork is done. Now it's a matter of waiting. :mickey:

mickey-mouse35
07-14-2007, 03:24 PM
They were open when we ate there first week of December a few years ago. And with Tusker House being closed, I can't imagine they'd close Flametree, too. Sure hope it's open when we go in October! :mickey:

tyandskyesmom
07-15-2007, 06:49 PM
When we used to go it was always closed. Generally I am talking about around Thanksgiving into the beginning of December but the last few years it has been open. So I think the "seasonal" art is not as seasonal as it used to be. We will be ther ein January too and I was hoping to eat there!

snifflesmcg
07-15-2007, 06:55 PM
I've been there in September and it's always been open. With Tusker House being closed, I can't imagine they would close it. That would make like 2 CS for the whole park.

Bethis26fan
07-15-2007, 09:50 PM
I hope not too, I'm looking foward to trying it for the first time in Nov.

JPL
07-15-2007, 10:09 PM
With the DDP and people complaining there are not enough places to eat I don't think it will remain seasonal. They need all the restaurants open to accomondate everyone.

poohbearkris
07-16-2007, 10:20 AM
I was there the 1st week of Nov last year and it was open. I think they offer one of the best counter services at the parks, I also would think it would remain open with Tusker House being closed.

okw2006
07-17-2007, 04:40 PM
We ate there last year in Nov. Probably the best CS in WDW. Also, a wonderful area to eat by the water.:thumbsup: