PDA

View Full Version : Splurging for Poly VS nurse discount @ Swan/Dolphin

StitchLuvr
07-13-2007, 02:34 PM
:mickey: I have a new delemma (sp) for everyone for my next trip (treating my parents as a surprise with us)-

I didn't realize the Swan & Dolphin give RN discounts, and as everyone knows if you stay there you CAN'T participate in the dining plan which is a necessity for my two teenagers.

It may be stupid, but unfortunately this may be our last chance for a "family" getaway since my parents are older with many health issues....and I've decided to "splurge" and stay deluxe-you only live once, right? Why not enjoy it!! :cloud9:

If you had the choice between the Polynesian with the dining plan (and everything paid for, which I like) versus staying at the Swan/Dolphin for significantly less but paying out of pocket for all meals, which would YOU choose?? :confused:

It's a good thing the 08 packages aren't out yet....I'm sure I'm driving Disney crazy with all my questions/scenarios!! :scratch: :dizzy: :help:

StillSimbaGirl
07-13-2007, 04:07 PM
Well, I would get an annual pass and the DDE...and stay at the Swan/Dolphin.

You would have to run the numbers, but I bet you come out ahead. If you break even, stay at the Poly.

RaRaRoundTheWorld
07-13-2007, 04:20 PM
I would try to estimate how much one versus the other would cost to get an accurate picture, if finances are an issue.

Something to consider, If you're intending to go on a lot of character meals, you'll be spending a lot of money on food.

Not knowing a thing about your situation, my gut instinct is to say, go with the Poly.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-14-2007, 11:30 PM
I agree, run the numbers and see which saves you the most money. I personally love staying at the S&D. The location is great, the beds are so comfortable and you can use the facilities at both hotels.

psychotekkie
07-15-2007, 01:38 AM
I think you are implying that the Swan n Dolphin with discount is the least expensive, even when paying for food. So if that is the case, then you are just trying to decide whether it is worth it to pay more to stay at the Poly.

I say, if you can afford to do it, go for the Poly. The experience offers a lot more than just the Dining Plan. Having monorail onsite is AMAZING. I would pay just for that convenince alone. And add to that the amazing view (including watching Wishes from the pool or beach), the wonderful themeing, the restaurants, the Lapu Lapu, ...

I think the Poly is a real upgrade to the vacation, and your parents will appreciate having that monorail at their doorstep. :thedolls: do it! :thedolls: do it!

StitchLuvr
07-15-2007, 03:08 PM
I think the Poly is a real upgrade to the vacation, and your parents will appreciate having that monorail at their doorstep. :thedolls: do it! :thedolls: do it!

:funny: I love how you ended your post....playing the part of my money-saving conscience!! :)

Thanks to the others who replied too....I ran the numbers, looked at scenarios, etc.....and yes it would be a little cheaper to stay at the S/D but as this poster said, along with the fact my parents are coming, I've decided to splurge. Also, as my name implies I love :stitch2: so we will be doing breakfast at O'Hana and maybe more.

I think I'm going to have to try one of those :papple: drinks....can I take it to the beach to watch the fireworks? What do they taste like?