PDA

View Full Version : Kings Dominion - Doswell Va.

Sportster
07-13-2007, 01:19 PM
My wife and I returned recently from a weekend trip to Kings Dominion in Virginia.

We were there a couple years ago, before Cedar Faire purchased the Paramount parks. I thought then it was a beautiful park with great rides, but had a lack of good customer service. The workers seemed disinterested in the customers and park became trashy later in the day...overflowing trash cans and trash on the walkways.

Well, on our recent trip, Cedar Faire must have addressed those issues. Same beautiful park and great rides, but there was a complete 180 in Customer Service and cleanliness. We saw the real southern hosplitality coming through. Workers were very friendly, often interacting with the customers. There was no trash to speak of either. No overflowing cans or trashy sidewalks.

We stayed at the campground (in a tent) with our two dogs and the campground offered a shuttle to and from the park. It begins about an hour before the park opens and runs "til no one is left at the park" as the drivers say.
The campground is wonderful. Clean, nice bath houses and a nice pool.

Another nice convenience is the park has a kennel on the grounds for pets. The shuttle will drop you off at the entrance of the park, with your pet (so long as the pet is not aggressive), and it's a short walk over to the kennel. For only $5 per pet per day. They can be inside in air conditioning or outside under a shaded shelter. Again, everyone was extremely nice.

I highly recommend Kings Dominion, especially if you like thrill rides and roller coasters. I also highly recommend the campground if you're into camping. We'll definitely be going back this season.

NJGIRL
07-16-2007, 02:40 PM
I'm glad to hear that they have straighten out their problems. I remember that park from when I was a kid. It was alot of fun and very clean back then. It's good to know they have gotten back to wear people will like to go there again.

rnin02
08-26-2007, 06:33 PM
Great to hear...we used to go every summer, multiple times, but this summer we just haven't been able to find the time (even though we already bought our season passes:( ). I would love to go and see this park cleaned up...it has been so yucky the past few years.