PDA

View Full Version : Movies or Pop

Jamnx
07-13-2007, 12:01 PM
Which resort should i choose between Movies or Pop. What are the Pro's and Con's of each. My children are (Boy 6)(Girl 4). I want to choose the best resort for them. We are going in Jan. 08. Help please - I go back and forth!!!

3girlsdisneydreams
07-13-2007, 12:53 PM
I also had this inner debate. LOL

the things that sold me on Pop were location, ONE designated bus as opposed to all the AS resorts sharing and that it's newer and we've stayed at music and movies before. That and everyone seems to like Pop when I've asked this question.

If you haven't see this... I read a great post on Pop info last night..

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=109899

HTH! :mickey:

LarryBoy
07-13-2007, 01:33 PM
We are fans of the AS Movies, but we have never stayed at Pop. The biggest reason we have always picked Movies over Pop is that our son is a huge Toy Story fan. The Andy's Room section is just so wonderfully themed. How can you beat a three story Buzz and Woody. This was the first resort we stayed at with our son, when he was three. He instantly fell in love with WDW, and we hadn't even been to the parks yet.

Dyanna
07-13-2007, 01:39 PM
I would choose Movies since it seems that everyone else wants to go to POP.

kadesha
07-13-2007, 04:22 PM
I'd choose POP. POP has the pop jet fountains in additions to the 3 big pools and kiddie pool. They also have an awesome arcade. I prefer POP because they don't have to share a bus with the other values like ASMo does.

mulderxcoltrane
07-13-2007, 04:37 PM
To clarify - the AS Resorts do not always share buses. They do at times, but on the way to and from the theme parks - they normally run designated buses from each hotel.

In addition, AS Movies is the most popular of the AS resorts - so it is the most crowded. POP is newer and therefore (IMO) the food court is better equipped to handle crowds.

Finally - if you're travelling with small children - going with an AS resort that has theming they would enjoy might need to be considered. On another site there was a discussion that a lot of small children didn't "get" the decades theming at POP.

Hope that helps.

murphy1
07-13-2007, 07:24 PM
While Pop is really a great resort, your kids will absolutely love the theming at ASMo. It is really neat to see huge Buzz, Dalmations and a cool Herbie car.

mainemajor
07-13-2007, 08:40 PM
Pop is fantastic :number1: and they do not share busses with other resorts like movies does.

GrmGrninGost
07-13-2007, 10:59 PM
Pick one and go with it! I don't think you'll be disappointed! :mickey: We prefer the POP, but some like the All-Stars. I like the food court at the POP better. I love the blue icies!!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
07-13-2007, 11:07 PM
Movies!! :thumbsup:

We have stayed at Pop as well. Not fans. (Sorry to all of the Pop fans, it just wasn't right for our family. :blush:)

Pop is a huge resort. The food court, while good with lots of choices, was a mad house all the time. We got our food and ate in our room or at the pool. My kids were not thrilled with the theming. Not even the main pool. Buses were average, not better or worse then the other resorts we have statyed at. The stop is one of the last if not the last at all of the stops. Not a big deal, just mentioning it. It is a new resort so the rooms were very clean. I will give the food court an edge over Movies, I was very pleased with the selections.

We love Movies. The theming is awesome. Especially for kids. Mine were 8,6 and 2 the last time we stayed there. The food court is great. We never had a problem with choices. The rooms are very similar to Pop. They were always clean and quiet. In regards to the buses, they do share occasionally but, not as a rule when we were there. Usually it would be the second bus to pull up. For example, a designated bus for Movies would pull up for MK and then the next bus for MK would be a shared bus. It always worked fine for us. The lines for buses after fireworks, etc, are always long. We found that at both Movies and Pop.

We would go back to Movies anytime. Have fun wherever you stay!!

PrincessKaitsMom
07-15-2007, 02:36 PM
We stayed at the Pop Century in November of 2006 and loved it. The main pool was great, especially the flower jets :) We were always able to get in and out of the food court area quickly, even when crowded. The staff was very helpful and we never had to wait long to get on a bus. This was my first trip to Disney as an adult and we didn't by the refillable cups until about halfway into our stay. Now that we've realized how much we use them, we'll buy one as soon as we get to the hotel when we go this coming November.

Mickey91
07-15-2007, 02:54 PM
We like the Pop. We also like the All Stars. Either one will be a great choice. We have been choosing Pop since it opened due to the newness, the food court (which doesn't seem any crazier to us than any other and has icees you can get in your resort mug for free), and the open, bright, friendly atmosphere. There are still big Disney Icons, along with some pop culture and the Hippy Dippy Pool, while not Disney themed, has fun Flower Showers and does not get very deep. My DD, who loved the Movies, loved the Pop even more! But, I really think you can't go wrong either way.

With that said, if bus transportation is important to you, the Pop busses accomodated people from 2,880 rooms and the All Stars since they share busses most of the time, accomodate people from 5,568 rooms. Assuming of course that each resort is at capacity.

snifflesmcg
07-15-2007, 03:06 PM
I think out of all 4 value resorts....kids would like AS Sport and AS Movies better while adults will like POP and AS Music.

texasteacher
07-23-2007, 04:25 PM
I would choose Pop! I have stayed at both and prefer Pop because the busses don't stop and pick up at other hotels like the All Stars do.