PDA

View Full Version : Just the 10 of Us...The Brown Family's Trip to WDW!- Day 6 (MGM/Disney Studios)

cjb121879
07-13-2007, 10:09 AM
This morning, we got fastpasses for RnRC and ran for the standby line at TOT (we did slow down enough to spot the hidden mickey on the table in the lobby. Pretty creative, but you’ve got to hit this at just the right angle to see it.:number1:). We also did kid swap here and were taken in an elevator (a real one!) down to the exit to await the first half of our group to get off before we got on. My nephew also elected to sit this one out, but his eight year-old pride didn’t like that his 12 year-old cousin got on and loved it, while he couldn’t quite screw up the nerve. I told him it was okay to sit this out, but he apparently wasn’t convinced because he decided to ride it later when we went for a second trip into the Twilight Zone. On a side note, I didn’t remember that the elevator actually opens on one floor for the holographic effect and then goes up to another floor to exit the elevator shaft. Nonetheless, this was a great ride. Oddly enough, my mother loves this ride too and she normally is not a thrill ride lover. From there we ambled down Hollywood Blvd. and noticed that Beauty and the Beast was about to start. So we went in and listened to a great acapella guy group (I’m thinking this was “Four for a Dollar” (is that name right?) that I hear a lot about on these boards. They were very, very good. I was impressed. Then, the main show. My niece was spellbound:eyes:. She loved every minute. The boys were… not quite as jazzed about it as she was- and that’s putting it nicely! It was time for RnRC and because my mom sat it out and kept my niece, the rest of us were able to ride together. Even my nephew decided to ride. And surprisingly enough, he liked it! This is coming from the boy who only last summer, nearly freaked out on the boardwalk’s haunted house in Ocean City, MD:secret: Go figure. Well, being the busybody I am, I convinced my nephew that RnRC was actually worse than TOT. You know, “It really isn’t that bad” and “If you can do RnRC, you can do anything.” So, with my words ringing in his ears and his pride still smarting from sitting it out earlier, he elects to get on when the rest of us go for a second elevator ride. Needless to say, I ended up with him in the bathroom immediately after exiting the ride:sick:. Next time, I’m keeping my big mouth shut. My mom and aunt had taken my niece to Voyage of the Little Mermaid while we were in the Twilight Zone and we all then met up at the Great Movie Ride. The line was about 35 minutes and just as we got to the movie room, my niece announces that she has to go to the bathroom and “It can’t wait!”. My mom being the nice person she is, steps out of line to take her to the bathroom while the rest of us get on the ride. I love this ride. We got the western scene (that was a first for me) and my aunt finally got to see the Emerald City scene she thought was in IASW (insert Nelson Muntz “Ha, ha!” here). When we exited, we found my mom and my niece who was on a crying jag because she didn’t get to get on the ride. After giving her a sharp talking to:nono:, I lead everyone over to Muppet Vision 3-D where we end the day. I love this show and the kids did too. Once again, I couldn’t convince anyone to wait for Fantasmic- (and I’ve never seen this show!:() another must-do for September. It’s still pretty early, so we get back to the house and the kids go for a swim. We grab pizza:pizza: and wings for dinner and everyone is in seventh heaven. Everyone winds down and eventually is in bed. Tomorrow we do Epcot!

January-2007
07-13-2007, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the trip report-- we just love MGM!

gauvin4
07-13-2007, 11:38 AM
You guys seem to be getting alot done during this trip.:thumbsup: I would have stayed for Fantasmic with you!!! It is a great show.:mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
07-13-2007, 11:37 PM
I would have stayed with you too. Glad you had a great day

T-Belle
07-14-2007, 10:39 AM
Sorry you didn't get to see Fantasmic. It's one of my favorites and we missed it last year due to lightning in the area. But, like you I'll have to wait for September too.

Lizzie
07-14-2007, 01:06 PM
Another great day.

StitchLuvr
07-14-2007, 11:21 PM
Sounds like another great day!!!

We got to see "Sorcerer Mickey" during Fantasmic while exiting MGM to catch our bus. It was pretty cool!!

realtreebar
07-15-2007, 12:26 AM
thanks for sharing!

pdrlkr
07-15-2007, 09:50 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Bethis26fan
07-15-2007, 05:15 PM
Thanks for sharing.

faline
07-15-2007, 05:18 PM
Fun day for your troop!

DizNee143
07-19-2007, 09:56 AM
sounds like a good day at MGM...ooh i bet you were sorry you got your nephew to go on TOT...did he ever say anything about the ride though?? didnt seem like that slowed youguys down at all so i guess it wasnt to bad...nice way to end the evening...just relaxing back at the hotel..:mickey: