PDA

View Full Version : Check-In/Check-out

handmaidenofprincesses
07-13-2007, 10:02 AM
I was reading through my Magical Express info and I came across an interesting paragraph. It says that check-in time is at 3, but if you arrive earlier they will try to accomodate you.

I'm just wondering if anyone has ever gotten there very early and gotten a room upon arrival? My friend and I will be arriving very early; Our flight lands at 10:15 am. Considering that check-out isn't even until eleven, we reserved a preffered room, and it's peak season, I doubt we will have a room when we arrive. Any suggestions as to how to stay busy if one isn't ready for us?

Also, I am curious about checking out. Like I said, checkout is at eleven am. Our flight, however, isn't until 5 pm. We had planned on spending most of the day at Downtown Disney, but I'm a bit worried. Will we still be able to use Magical Express to go from the hotel to DTD back to the hotel to the airport? Or perhaps even straight from DTD to the airport? And what are we going to do with our luggage?:(

goofiecrazy
07-13-2007, 11:08 AM
Its happened to us 2 times that our room was ready when we checked in.

TammiMcMan
07-13-2007, 11:11 AM
I can answer some of your questions. First, we've been able to get into a room as early as 10am. It is possible, but there are a lot of factors that go into it. We always head straight to the resort, drop off our luggage with bell services and check-in. If the room isn't ready, we go into the parks, shopping at DtD or just put on our bathing suits and relax by the pool.

I'm not familiar with ME, but I believe if you're airline is one of the participating ones for curbside check-in, all you have to do is leave your luggage with ME and don't worry about it again. Even though you've checked out, you are still more than welcome to use the resort bus transportation to DtD. I'm not sure if you can get on an ME bus there, or if you need to return to your resort. Hopefully someone can confirm that part of it.

gauvin4
07-13-2007, 11:32 AM
Even though you've checked out, you are still more than welcome to use the resort bus transportation to DtD. I'm not sure if you can get on an ME bus there, or if you need to return to your resort. Hopefully someone can confirm that part of it.

You have to return to your resort to catch Magical Express.

grumpycajun
07-13-2007, 02:07 PM
We've been to The World the last three years and our trip last week was the first time we weren't able to check in early. We chose to hit the parks for the day as soon as we got our passes and we waited until later to un-pack the car. I guess it came down to not wanting to spend even one extra minute to un-pack so our bags could be sent to our rooms for us. Once we got those passes in our hands... we beat-feet it to the bus to Epcot asap!!!:bolt:

We always drive in, so I can't help with the second part of your question. I'm sure someone who can will be along shortly.:mickey:

07-14-2007, 08:12 AM
We also usually arrive around 10:30 - 11:00am. We have been very lucky that our room was ready. The couple of times that it wasn't, we just checked in & left our luggage with bell services & went to the parks. They will give you your resort key card so you can go to the parks. As for checking out, you can again leave your luggage with bell services & then take the bus to dtd. Just remember that the ME bus picks you up from the resort aprox. 3 hrs. before your departure time.

SBETigg
07-14-2007, 08:53 AM
We've always been able to check in as soon as we arrived, with a room ready for us. We typically get to the resort by 11 am. Maybe we've just been lucky. But if your room isn't ready, they will hold your luggage and you can go explore. You could take a bus to one of the parks or Downtown Disney. If you don't plan that day to be a park day, you can explore resorts or play mini-golf. We usually hit parks, but one trip we didn't that first day and we went to the MK, got off the bus and boarded the ferry to the TTC, then hopped on the monorail to Epcot. It was a fun way to get in the mood.

On the return trip, they will book your DME bus to return you to the airport about three hours before your flight. If you have time to kill, you can head to Downtown Disney, but make enough time to get back to your resort in time to catch your DME bus, which will only take you from your resort. Your resort will hold your luggage for you.

TheRustyScupper
07-14-2007, 11:35 AM
I'm just wondering if anyone has ever gotten there very early and gotten a room upon arrival?
. . . happens all the time
. . . just depends upon when room was vacated
. . . and how quickly it was cleaned
. . . also, if there even was a guest the night before

Any suggestions as to how to stay busy if one isn't ready for us?
. . . go to the pool
. . . go to the parks
. . . go to a water park
. . . go shopping at DTD

Will we still be able to use Magical Express to go from the hotel to DTD back to the hotel to the airport? Or perhaps even straight from DTD to the airport?
. . . you use internal Disney buses to/from DTD
. . . no problem after check-out
. . . Magic Express is only from a resort
. . . if participating airline, the checked luggage is handled
. . . your carry-on can be stored at the resort

mttafire
07-14-2007, 01:47 PM
Yep. Normally its not an issue since we get there after 3. The times we did get there around 12-1pm we still got our room.

StitchLuvr
07-14-2007, 02:15 PM
Thanks for this post as I'm seriously considering driving down straight thru (since my mom has never flown.....trying to convince her if she survived a bus trip she can fly :)) and will more than likely arrive at WDW early on a Sunday morning.

Hopefully we'll be able to check in and although my body will be screaming it needs a nap, my mind will be screaming it has to see MK!! :D

MickeyMousse
07-14-2007, 03:30 PM
I don't know about ME, but only twice did we have to wait- YC and BWV All the other times when we were early, our room was ready.
Once we had a later flight and asked for a delayed check out. We were able to keep our room until 1pm rather than 11am, which was great.

biodtl
07-14-2007, 08:02 PM
We always go at off-peak times and generally arrive late morning/early afternoon and we've always had our rooms available (also - we've always been in values).

tinksmom02
07-14-2007, 08:40 PM
We checked in early on our past two trips, and both times our room was ready. In January we were there by noon...hoping this holds true for Sept, we'll be getting there around the same time.

mainemajor
07-14-2007, 11:33 PM
Ours was read at noon last trip. In fact once we got to our room we needed to switch rooms and they had another one ready for us.
Of course this was in October which is not a peak time.

countrycharmer
07-15-2007, 08:53 AM
We go quite a bit every year, and only twice did we ever have to wait for a room! They say that it goes on how quickly rooms are vacated and cleaned!

Donalds Duckie
07-15-2007, 11:00 AM
I most often land at MCO at 11 a.m. and most often stay at CBR but have stayed at Pop Century and at Yacht Club. Only two times has my room NOT been ready for me (at CBR). Every other trip, at all 3 resorts, my room has been ready upon arrival.

The two times my room was not ready the CM completed the check-in process, gave me my room card, etc., I left my bags with Bell Services, and took the bus to the parks.:mickey: They gave me a resort business card with a number to call from any park phone or my cell phone after 3 p.m. to get my room number. When I was ready, I went to my room, my key card opened the door, and I called Bell Services to deliver my bags.

Have a great time!

dbmarie
07-15-2007, 05:55 PM
Over our past four trips we only had one time where we did not get our room before 10 am. Our first trip we actually got our room at 7 am.

Bethanymouse
07-16-2007, 02:05 PM
I think it depends on what hotel you are staying at. For example, when we travel with my parents and stay at the POLY our rooms are never ready early. When we stay at the POP they have always been ready early. When I say early I mean around 10:30-11:00. We usually go to a park and enjoy the afternoon. ME takes care of our luggage. however, when we are with my parents, at the POLY, we have our luggage. Sometimes we walk around the resort while we wait and other times we have gone to a park. The bellhop will hold your bags until your room is ready. Have a wonderful trip!