PDA

View Full Version : Just the 10 of Us...The Brown Family's Trip to WDW!- Day 3 (Universal Studios)

cjb121879
07-13-2007, 07:24 AM
:secret:The next morning we rushed through the gates at the Studios and the park looked pretty empty, though we were there around 30 minutes after opening. We ran back to Revenge of the Mummy (which I had been dying to ride since my 2004 visit when I saw they were building it) and found only a 5 minute wait. We ran through the queue (a real shame since it looked pretty elaborate and interesting) and had next to no wait to get on. Let me tell you, Universal really seems to have the child swap thing down. I was very impressed- it was on par and in some cases better than WDW’s. We explained that we needed child swap and went into a room where they had mummy-themed cartoon playing (not scary):tv: and waited in comfort for the first half of our group to get off the ride. The employee even told my sister and two cousins that they could ride again with us:coaster:! This was my most highly anticipated ride of the trip and it didn’t disappoint. How to describe it? Part roller-coaster, part dark (read: scary) ride- completely mind-blowing. From the scarab beetle effect, to the fire effects, to the part where it seems you are rushing into Imhotep’s mouth to the twist at the end, it was fantastic. If you get a chance, go experience it! Immediately after getting off, we got on it again. It was that good. One thing to note- you cannot bring anything on the ride with you. They have lockers just outside the front entrance to the ride where you can leave your things for free while you ride. You just pick them up when you get off. Also, the lock mechanism uses a finger scan and it automatically assigns you a locker. A few other rides at this park had these lockers, too.

We then went on to Earthquake. My mom tricked me into getting on this as an 11 year old and I remember being scared to death (note to self: bring up with therapist:secret:). When I ride this as an adult I wonder what I was so afraid of! One thing that is a bit disconcerting is how hot the fire gets if you are sitting close to it. Whew! I thought my skin was being singed off:flame:! From there, we went on to Men In Black :Alien Attack (same concept as Buzz Lightyear at WDW, but much better, though a bit less kid friendly- I got the high score in our group!), E.T. Adventure (an oldie, but a goodie! The kids love that E.T says your name at the end), Jaws and Shrek: 4-D (I was not as impressed by this as last time- lots of waiting and filler before the show). We were going to do Jimmy Neutron, but the kids were starting to become cranky, so we left. This was a really fun day, though everyone’s feet were starting to complain!

Tomorrow...Back to WDW! (Check the Trip Reports forum for this and other reports)

gauvin4
07-13-2007, 08:30 AM
Another great day!! Glad your ride on the Mummy did not disappoint.

DizNee143
07-19-2007, 09:08 AM
sounds like another great day at Universal...that mummy ride sounds pretty cool...:D

NJGIRL
07-25-2007, 04:24 PM
The Mummy was a true trill ride. we really enjoyed it from start to finish. At the studio they have a water area (Curious George) for the kids to play in. It is the largest and nicest I have ever seen at any theme park. The kids will get soaked so whenever we go to IOA or the studio I have my son wear his bathing suit instead of shorts.

At the Studio Finnegans Restaurant has great food and drinks :beer:

dolphinmickey9170
07-28-2007, 01:16 PM
I can't wait to ride the Mummy attraction. It sounds so cool.

Fantasmic
07-31-2007, 07:54 AM
The Mummy is fantastic, I was lucky enough to ride it during previews, in 2004. Then in 2005 I got my mum to ride it, by telling her it was slow lol

Crow
08-05-2007, 09:18 PM
the Mummy sounds great.
i havent been there since umm the 80s i guess.
was at IOA 4 yrs or so ago and i want to see the original park again.
esp w the Disney price increase thing im thinking....

chrisb26
08-08-2007, 06:23 PM
Glad you had fun at Universal I have to agree the Mummy ride is awesome. Probably one of my favorite rides in the park. I also like Men in Black and would agree that it is better then the Buzz ride at Magic Kingdom.