PDA

View Full Version : See Wishes with ressie for Ohana's at 7:50pm?

nicole48040
07-12-2007, 07:47 PM
If Wishes is at 8pm, is there ANY chance that if you have a ressie for Ohana's at 7:50pm, that you could actually be seated in time for Wishes????? Or are you better off getting a later dinner and going to the beach you watch Wishes???? If so, by what time can you be back up to the resteraunt after Wishes, for ressies of course???

My family and I are in WDW Nov. 15th-22nd. I booked Ohana's on 11-21 @ 7:50pm (best time I could get at 175 days) but now I am reading about the wait times and thinking there might be no point to this reservation being we probably won't get seated before "Wishes" and will get stuck waiting a long time due to people not wanting to leave their table until they are over.

.......what are your opinions on this?????

MMouse6937
07-12-2007, 08:53 PM
I think that would greatly depend on what time if year you're going. The last couple years when we have gone to Ohanas we have been seated right away, so you might catch most of the fireworks. If it's really important either a: move your time up a little bit to make sure you're there, b: move your time way up so you can go out on the beach and watch, or c: move your time way up and get back to the MK to watch the show there. Good luck :thumbsup:

snifflesmcg
07-12-2007, 09:36 PM
I would just suggest showing up a little early and seeing if you can check in then. It can't hurt.

chefmickey3
07-12-2007, 09:45 PM
I would check in a little early. We have done this when the kids were getting fussy. We thought we would be ready for dinner at 6pm but had to make it much earlier (like 4:30!) A CM in MK told us that as long as you have a ADR you can show up anytime that night. They are not true reservations - you just get the next available table after you check in. Especially traveling with young children, it is hard to know 180 days in advance when you will need dinner.

SBETigg
07-12-2007, 09:52 PM
Even if you check in early, there is absolutely no guarantee that you'll have a very good view of the fireworks. It's one of those situations in which you take your chances and hope for the best-- and most views from 'Ohana are indeed pretty good, but still... if seeing Wishes is your main objective, you're better off at the beach with a later ADR for dinner.

If you are waiting for a table at 7:50, there's a chance that you could be seated in time with a view or that you could catch it in time from the lounge even if you aren't seated-- but the bottom line is that it's a gamble and no one can tell you what will happen on any given night.

ToDisney
07-12-2007, 11:36 PM
I haven't been to 'Ohana before, and had the same idea (to go to the beach to watch the fireworks before dinner) Our ADRs are for 9pm in Dec the fireworks are at 8:00.
Should we have any problem getting back to check in on time??
:mickey:

DVC2004
07-13-2007, 10:31 AM
Get there early, like 7:15, and check in at the podium. If you are not seated you still should be able to see from the window near the lounge area.

SimbaandNalasMama
07-13-2007, 11:06 AM
I have a ressie for 8:10 (on a night wishes is at 9) and called WDW reservations to ask if i could reserve a table by a window. She indicated that the best way to do that is to show up early and request it at the check-in desk. For me, it wont matter too much since we will be going to a MNSSHP, and will see HalloWishes that night. But i think checking in early is the key, like others have said.

moe513
07-13-2007, 08:25 PM
I have been in Ohanas twice during wishes and its not so good. Its hard to hear what there piping in and the view we had wasnt that good and we had a close window table right in front of the castle. I have never seen them from the beach but I think it might be better. Get a nice pina colada and enjoy. I have seen the waterpageant from the poly beach and it eas very cute but quick.

princessjojo
07-13-2007, 08:42 PM
We found that in the spring, they have Wishes at 10pm. We will tend to make our ressie for around 8:15 or so, take our time since dinner is a long process there and watch wishes with our dessert. It worked our splendid on our last visit, as we weren't seated until 8:45. Gave us plenty of time and we really didn't dilly dally around. It was beautiful and was a great finish to our day.