PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to really take a relaxing trip in Disney World? Days 8-10

Here we go again...
07-12-2007, 04:17 PM
Cast of characters:
Me – Angel – Die hard Disney fan still recovering from knee replacement
DH – Bobby – Wonderful Disney loving husband that puts up with my madness
DD – Taylor – Well, what can I say… she loves Disney as much as me, but she is 13… need I say more?

Day 8
Friday, July 6th
I opened my eyes at 8:15… and freaked out!!! Our ADR at Boma was at 8:30! I got Bobby and Taylor up and called the front desk to beg for a late checkout. We were too tired to pack when we got back to the room so we thought we would just do it in the morning…. Check out time was 11am. There was no way we were going to get to Boma and back and pack before 11. They were very understanding and gave both us and Terri late checkouts. I called Terri to tell her we were running late. She was already there… I felt so bad. By the time we got there she was almost done eating. So much for a nice relaxing meal. I will say I loved the breakfast at Boma. They had one of the best omelets I have ever eaten.

After we ate it was time to head to SSR and get packed. We wwalked out right at 12pm and got on the road for Destin. For the next 2 days we stayed at the Hilton Sandestin Resort. We usually come come home from Disney completely stressed out... This time we decided to relax on the beach for a couple of days. We had a great room with a balcony over looking the ocean. I spent many hours reading on that balcony. Bobby and Taylor spent their time on the beach. I could not walk in the sand with my knee so I knew I was not going to get to play on the beach. It was okay though, I had a great relaxing time.

Overall, we had a wonderful trip. It was hot and crowded but that only made us take it easy and rest during the day.

I LOVE SSR!!!!
The rooms are great and sound proof! We did not hear anything at night. (unlike Destin - we heard kids screaming all day and night)

Now I can't wait to start planning my next trip...

buzznwoodysmom
07-12-2007, 05:28 PM
Hey Angel,

Gosh, it seems like forever since we last talked. I hope you have lots of pictures and some free time for lunch soon.

I am so glad to see you all had such a relaxing, fun trip. It seems like your knee held up well and you weren't in too much pain.

That is great that you liked SSR so much. This is your home DVC resort, right?

Except for a few misunderstandings with your reservations, your meds and the scooter mess up, it seems you had a great trip all in all.

I think we'll have to stop in Destin on our next trip. It sounds like a perfect way to end a wonderful week at disney!

January-2007
07-12-2007, 06:21 PM
What a morning! Glad you did enjoy the breakfast and a nice couple of days relaxing at the beach before returning to the real world. Thanks for sharing your vacation with us, it was very... relaxing! :mickey:

faline
07-13-2007, 09:11 AM
After your last day at Disney, I'll bet you really needed some time to relax!

DizNee143
07-13-2007, 10:01 AM
at least you were able to get that late check out....sounds like you had a pretty good vacation over all!! and seems like you had a very very nice time on your vacation after your vacation!!! lol thanx for sharing it with us!! :mickey:

Nascfan
07-13-2007, 02:05 PM
Hey Angel, it sounds like you DID have a relaxing Disney trip....minus a few bumps in the road.

All in all a good time, glad you like SSR a lot, and enjoyed Destin afterwards also.

Lizzie
07-13-2007, 03:02 PM
Sounds like it was a great trip. Thanks for all the reports.

StitchLuvr
07-13-2007, 05:01 PM
I like the looks of SSR myself from the outside.....I will definitely have to check it out.

Thanks for sharing your trip!!

sleepingbooty
07-13-2007, 06:01 PM
I just read all your reports straight through! Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts about your trip with us. Sounds like you had a great time!

iheartmickey
07-13-2007, 09:36 PM
Sounds like a really nice ending to a really nice trip!

Thank you for taking the time to share your trip with us! :thumbsup:

BronxTigger
07-13-2007, 09:39 PM
Like sleepingbooty, I just read through all of your reports. It sounds like you had a great trip overall, despite the few problems.

Thank you for taking the time to write all those pages!

dolphinmickey9170
07-13-2007, 10:26 PM
I'm so glad your "bumps" in the road were smoothed out at the beach. Sounds heavenly. Can't wait for your next trip.

Bethanymouse
07-14-2007, 11:42 PM
Welcome home! Great idea to take a mini vacation after WDW! It is such a great place, it is so tough to come home. You had such a wonderful vacation. Thanks for sharing it with us!:mickey:

realtreebar
07-15-2007, 12:18 AM
thanks for sharing!

pdrlkr
07-15-2007, 09:46 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

ChipnDaleGal
07-15-2007, 10:44 AM
Thanks for all your reports Angel. Sounds like you all had another really great trip together. Great idea to relax at the beach for a few days on the way home. :mickey:

Bethis26fan
07-15-2007, 04:45 PM
Thanks for sharing.

gauvin4
07-15-2007, 05:07 PM
Thanks for the great trip reports!!:mickey: It sounds like you were sucessful in having a relaxing trip. I look forward to reading your October reports as well.

KylesMom
07-17-2007, 11:42 PM
All in all, a great trip with the exception of a few snags the last night. What a wonderful end to your family trip - relaxing at the beach for a few daysI hope that your knee is healing well, and that you'll be ready to rock-n-roll in October! :mickey:

Teay
07-19-2007, 06:38 PM
Breakfast at Boma....yum-o! :thumbsup:

SgtTigger
07-20-2007, 07:46 PM
Another trip ends................

But hey dont worry Ill be there in only 118 days Ill be sure to call.................

thanks for the reports.........

:cop: :tigger:

Here we go again...
07-20-2007, 09:59 PM
Another trip ends................

But hey dont worry Ill be there in only 118 days Ill be sure to call.................

thanks for the reports.........

:cop: :tigger:
I only have 193 days before I go back!!! :fresh:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-21-2007, 12:14 AM
I'm sorry to hear about the ECV problems. It seems like that must happen on occasion so they should know how to handle it.
Thanks for an entertaining trip report.

pogo
07-25-2007, 11:53 PM
Angel....... thank you so much for sharing your vacation with us. After all you've been through, this was needed.

We are considering joining DVC and your experience at SSR might have us looking to join there.

Give Bobby a big :hug: from Patti and I for taking such good care of you. God bless, pogo. :D

MauiMouse
07-26-2007, 03:21 PM
Sounds like you had a super fantastic time at Disney, plus then a nice down time at Destin. :mickey:

ElenitaB
07-29-2007, 03:29 PM
Kudos to you and the family for having a relaxing Disney trip! And double kudos for arranging for late check-out! I tried once to do the same over at BWV and it was a definite no-go, even though I only needed an hour (and I was a week out of surgery). Guess there is an advantage to staying at a newer resort.

Hope you took pictures of the AKLV room mock-ups. Everyone has been saying great things about them and I'd love to see them.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us!