PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to really take a relaxing trip in Disney World? Day 6

Here we go again...
07-12-2007, 04:07 PM
Cast of characters:
Me – Angel – Die hard Disney fan still recovering from knee replacement
DH – Bobby – Wonderful Disney loving husband that puts up with my madness
DD – Taylor – Well, what can I say… she loves Disney as much as me, but she is 13… need I say more?

Day 6
Wednesday, July 4th.
We knew that today was going to be insane no matter where we decided to go. We knew we had to stay away from MK because if the citizenship ceremonies on Main Street. We decided to sleep in and head to Epcot a little later in the day. We had dinner reservations at LeCellier and planned to watch the fireworks after. Terri was meeting us today but said we were crazy to go to the park. She decided to just wait and meet us for dinner.

We were able to ride Spaceship Earth, Soarin’, HISTA, Figment, and see Turtle Talk before heading to the WS. We got to LeCellier about 10 minutes before our scheduled dinner and Terri walked up just as they were calling us. What perfect timing. The food was wonderful as usual. Taylor had the prime rib and we all had the fillet. Everything was cooked to perfection. We all really enjoyed the dinner and the service. LeCellier will always be one of my favorite places to eat.

After dinner the plan was to go stake out a place to watch the 4th of July fireworks. When we walked out side, the crowd of people lining up was insane. We decided to go to Japan and pick some pearls. We all got some beautiful pearls, but no twins and no blue or silver. Just a few more to add to our collection. We shopped around a little while then walked outside to a wall of people. That did it… it was time to call it a night. It was about 9:30 and we could not even make ourselves wait for the fireworks…

We went to the bus stop and a bus pulled right up. We got back to SSR and got together with Terri to look at our trading pins and her bags and bags of pins. (So much for the “I will NEVER start collecting pins” statement). At about 10:30 we walked to the Carriage House to watch the fireworks at Downtown Disney. They started at 11pm and it was a pretty impressive show. We walked around SSR for a little while checking out the sights then called it a night.

January-2007
07-12-2007, 06:06 PM
I'm glad you enjoyed your dinner. I wouldn't have wanted to stay in the park with such crowds either, I don't like crowds. That's great that you were able to still see the fireworks that night, and at your resort? Even better. Thanks for the trip report.

faline
07-13-2007, 08:44 AM
From the crowds you describe, I probably would have left as well! You even got to view fireworks to end your night - any way!

DizNee143
07-13-2007, 09:36 AM
even though it was the 4thof july..it seems you guys did a good amount of stuff in Epcot...im glad you guys enjoyed dinner!! and the 4th of july fireworks must of been soo pretty!! :mickey:

Pocahontas
07-13-2007, 11:26 AM
I don't do huge crowds either. Can you imagine how long your wait for a bus would have been if you stayed for the fireworks? Glad you enjoyed another nice day.

Lizzie
07-13-2007, 02:15 PM
A nice relaxing day on the 4th.

StitchLuvr
07-13-2007, 04:47 PM
Nice way to spend the 4th....I've got to try out LeCellier!! :)

iheartmickey
07-13-2007, 09:27 PM
I can't wait to go to Le Cellier when we go in Oct. Yummy!

Sounds like you did what we would've done too .... I start to lose my cool in major crowds. I'm glad you still got to see some fireworks for the 4th anyway, I bet they were beautiful! :thumbsup:

Thank you for sharing!

dolphinmickey9170
07-13-2007, 10:07 PM
Y'all gotta tell me about the pearls. I've seen but never bought. Details please.

Sounds like you had a great time. I love SSR. We were there in May and loved it!!

Bethanymouse
07-14-2007, 11:29 PM
I bet it was really crowded! I am glad that you were able to make the most of your day and enjoyed it! Thanks for sharing!:mickey:

realtreebar
07-15-2007, 12:25 AM
thanks for sharing!

pdrlkr
07-15-2007, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Bethis26fan
07-15-2007, 04:35 PM
Thanks for sharing.

gauvin4
07-15-2007, 04:53 PM
Sounds like a good day despite the crowds!

KylesMom
07-17-2007, 11:23 PM
LeCellier will always be one of my favorite places to eat. Amen to that, Angel! So glad you were able to enjoy the day, and celebrate America's birthday with some fireworks. We've always wanted to go during this time, but the posts of overcrowding have scared us away.

Thanks for sharing your day with us! :mickey:

Teay
07-19-2007, 06:24 PM
LeCellier rocks! Man, I absolutely LOVE this restaurant!! In fact, when Denny and I stay at Saratoga Springs in just 10 days, we might just eat there twice!

Pssst: Hey Bret: that's kinda a shot at Angel for you....I'll explain next time I see you!
:D

SgtTigger
07-20-2007, 07:33 PM
LeCellier rocks! Man, I absolutely LOVE this restaurant!! In fact, when Denny and I stay at Saratoga Springs in just 10 days, we might just eat there twice!

Pssst: Hey Bret: that's kinda a shot at Angel for you....I'll explain next time I see you!
:D

Why thank you Terri.........

I also remember a phone call some time that day as well............ maybe from someone who was in Disney World?????? maybe it was you...............

:cop: :tigger:

pogo
07-25-2007, 11:40 PM
Well today you did something I've always wanted to do...... see Disney :fworks: on the
4th of July.

Gotta read more. :D

MauiMouse
07-26-2007, 03:10 PM
I've heard how crazy the 4th are at the parks, so I give you a lot of credit to take this task on. Yummy about LeCellier, can't wait to eat here again soon. :thumbsup: :mickey:

ElenitaB
07-29-2007, 03:16 PM
I joined the "no parks on major holidays" club this past Thanksgiving (remember?) but it certainly is very tempting to have them soooo close. Sounds like you did manage to see a lot in spite of the crowds. (Turtle Talk is now one of my FAVORITE things at WDW.)

We had a tough time seeing the holiday version of Illuminations because of the crowds and in no way could get the ECV to the disabled viewing area. It was a smart decision to skeedaddle out of there!