PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to really take a relaxing trip in Disney World? Day 5

Here we go again...
07-12-2007, 04:04 PM
Cast of characters:
Me – Angel – Die hard Disney fan still recovering from knee replacement
DH – Bobby – Wonderful Disney loving husband that puts up with my madness
DD – Taylor – Well, what can I say… she loves Disney as much as me, but she is 13… need I say more?

Day 5
Tuesday July 3rd
It took us forever last night to decide what we were going to do today. We finally decided that we would go to Animal Kingdom early and head to Rafiki’s Planet Watch in hopes of seeing them work on the animals. But first, there was something I needed to do…

Bobby was not with me when I went on the tour of SSR so he kind of bought in blind. We decided that we would go to see the mock ups of the rooms before we left. We are staying in a studio this trip, so you should have seen his face when he walked into the 1 bedroom and the 3 bedroom grand villa. He looked so happy. Then we went and looked at the new Animal Kingdom rooms…. Now THAT was impressive! I think we will be adding more points soon. I hope so anyway… the look in his eye said “yes!”

It was now about 11am and my prescription was guaranteed to be there by 10 am… so I started calling, and calling – everyone said they did not receive it. I called the company to track the package and sure enough, it was delivered and I now had a name of the person who signed for it…. Turns out it was the manager and it was signed for at 9:44am… grrrr. Good thing it was packed with extra ice packs because it was not refrigerated, even though there were 2 LARGE stickers. One white one that had my name, room number and special instructions, the other was bright orange and it said “perishable please refrigerate”. Sheesh, that was hard. I finally got them in hand at 11:30. Almost 2 hours after received. That was probably the only frustrating part of my vacation. Since it would have never happened if I had remembered to bring my meds, it could have been avoided.

With my meds taken we were finally free to go to the park. We were off to Animal Kingdom and Rafiki’s Planet Watch. The bus arrived pretty quickly and we were finally on our way. We arrive to an unbelievably crowded park … it was hard to walk down the walkways at all. And, I do not know what it is about that place, but it feels 20 degrees hotter than it is in the sun and 20 degrees cooler than it is on one of the trails. The logical thing to do would be to stay on the trails all day. But, you end up back in the crowded paths more often than you want to be. We finally made it to the train to Rafiki’s and we were soon loaded and on out way. This is where we like to people watch… or should I say People listen? You hear the weirdest things on busses and trams. One man thought he was on the Safari. He we quite upset when we arrived at Rafiki’s because he did not even see any animals… “What a waste of time!” hee hee

We have never been here before, but we were told that there is a working animal hospital. And, if you get there early enough you might get to see a real surgery or testing being done. We were by no stretch of the imagination early… We did get to see some video of work being done and LOTS of cool things. Taylor wants to go back when it is not so hot to spend more time there. When we got back from Rafiki’s, we went to Pangani trail looking for Terri. No luck, she must have been on break. We were going to go out to get a bit to eat in the park, but walked out of Pangani into a wall of people with no where to go. It was way too hot to deal with that many people so we decided to get out of there. While we were headed to the bus stop we were talking about where to go eat that had a good counter service meal. We decided on Coronado Springs, so we headed to the bus stop.

It took about 30 minutes for the bus to get there and I am pretty sure that was the longest we waited for any bus. We have never been to Coronado and I must say that it is very pretty, but HUGE. It felt larger that Saratoga Springs. We went to the food court where we were seated and the card system was explained to us. I must say, I really did not like that card thing at all. It was very confusing… I was surprised that there were no adult size chicken strips so we had to get the kids meal. Then Taylor thought they were gross so she would not eat them…. So we had to get her another meal. No fruit could be purchased on the meal plan. I found that weird, I always get grapes or carrots sticks as my dessert. Taylor got ice cream which we found out when we went to the register was also not included on the dining plan. They should do a little better job of marking things that are excluded from the plan. I did have some good chicken and Bobby liked the taco salad.

After lunch we went to catch the bus to DTD so we could walk over to SSR to swim and rest. We have dinner at ‘Ohana at 8:15 tonight. When the bus came I was in my scooter so I had to be loaded on. There was a newly married couple sitting in the area where it says you must give up your seat for elderly or disabled…. Well, she was mad and would not get up. This would be the first day I had to listen to ugly remarks or be made to feel bad because I was in an ECV that someone else thought I did not deserve. There was a nice lady sitting across from me that said she was a physical therapist. She was making remarks like “Wow that looks like a brand new knee replacement.” I know she was trying to help get that other lady to lighten up. Then I realized it was not ME she was mad at, it was the world!! She started complaining about the busses, how stupid they are… how much she hates sitting this close to people. The fact that they left MK at 3:31 and would not get to DTD until 4:30 and that was an hour of her life just wasted. So, here she sits, on the bus with her Just Married button on, obviously on their honeymoon, and she can not find a nice thing to say about anyone or anything. Next she started fussing about a car, she did not care how much it cost, they were renting a car for the rest of the trip. He sweet looking little husband was trying to lighten the mood and mentioned that where they were going they could eat at Wolfgang Pucks or the really cool Planet Hollywood… she went off on him again about how stupid Planet Hollywood was… blah, blah, blah. That was the longest bus ride of my life. I feel bad for the groom, he is in for a very LONG hard marriage, or a quick divorce. (I vote divorce) When the bus stopped at DTD, the lovely bride almost knocked everyone over to get to the back door. See ya!!

We got of the bus as headed over to SSR. I took a little nap and Bobby and Taylor went for a swim. Before we knew it, it was time for dinner at ‘Ohaha! We got there about 10 minutes early and we were seated pretty quickly. We got a table right at the window without even realizing that the 4th of July fireworks would be starting in only 30 minutes! I know I promised myself that I would try to keep up with my Weight Watchers while I was here, but it did not happen tonight. Why did they have to put those potatoes right in front of me?? We were really just starting to enjoy our meal when the fireworks started. I have always enjoyed Wishes, but this show was amazing. What a treat, great food and fireworks, life is good.

It was a long day and time to crawl into bed. We got back to SSR about 11pm… just in time for my date with my Basin bath bomb. I guess I over did it today because I did not sleep all night, I just could not get comfortable. Oh well, like I said before, pain in
Disney World is better than pain at home!!

DizNee143
07-12-2007, 04:38 PM
well hopefully youll be getting some more points...cuz it is really nice to be in a one bedroom!! they are all beautiful!!
i cant believe about that meds getting delivered to you..im glad you finally got them...
and omg that lady on the bus...i would of soooo opened my mouth and just went at her...how could she be sooooo unhappy at disney and just getting married?!? oh well...
sounds like a good day other than those two things...especially having dinner and getting to watch the fireworks all at once!! :mickey:

January-2007
07-12-2007, 05:59 PM
Wow, what a day. I'm so sorry you were made to feel uncomfortable in the EVC on the bus. That, combined with the med delivery fiasco... So glad the night ended well, what an amazing treat to see the 4th of July fireworks from dinner at 'Ohana! That's so cool! Thanks for the trip report.

Bethanymouse
07-13-2007, 12:58 AM
Another great day! AK is always so much hotter. I am glad that it was so much fun checking out Rafiki's! Thanks for sharing!

faline
07-13-2007, 10:15 AM
Your dinner at O'Hana's sounds great! I must be hungry - I keep honing in on anything having to do with food!

gauvin4
07-13-2007, 11:14 AM
:( I can't believe the lady on the bus. I do agree with you that she was not mad at you she was mad at the world!!:( I pitty her poor husband!!

My daughter just asked the other day if we could go to Rafiki's Planet Watch in December. I am looking forward to it. Thanks for the report.:mickey:

Pocahontas
07-13-2007, 11:19 AM
You should have asked the newly married woman if she had been on the show 'Bridezillas'. She sounds like she would have been a perfect fit. Well, at least you had a nice day (after you got your meds). I've been reading alot about long waits at 'Ohana's, and I'm glad you had a great experience there. It's one of my favorite resturants.

Lizzie
07-13-2007, 02:13 PM
Thanks for the report.

StitchLuvr
07-13-2007, 04:44 PM
I commend you for not saying anything to the :bride:....don't know if I could have bit my tongue in your shoes. I guess some folks can't find happiness in anything and if she's that miserable on her honeymoon just think what that poor sap is in for for however long they're married!!

Glad you got your meds but I can't believe the staff ignored the "perishable please refrigerate immediately" signs. I'm glad you got it before it sat out too long.

iheartmickey
07-13-2007, 09:23 PM
Despite the problems with getting your meds, sounds like it was a really nice day!

dolphinmickey9170
07-13-2007, 10:03 PM
How could the manager ignore the refrigeration label??!!?? That bride....I like the bridezilla comment:rotfl::funny::fresh:That was tooooo funny..........how can some people just be so rude?

Glad you had a great day, take it slow and enjoy!!

realtreebar
07-15-2007, 12:52 AM
thanks for sharing!

pdrlkr
07-15-2007, 10:13 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Bethis26fan
07-15-2007, 04:32 PM
Thanks for sharing.

tinkerbellybutton
07-15-2007, 10:00 PM
Sounds like another great day. Who could be grouchy on their honeymoon in Disney?? Very strange :crazy:

KylesMom
07-17-2007, 11:16 PM
Boy, you sure ran into a few winners today, huh? Thank goodness your medication was not spoiled by the Manager's negligence!

I'm glad you had an exemplary dinner at Ohana - and what wonderful magic that you were able to see the 4th of July Fireworks!

I hope tomorrow's trip report finds you well! On to the next installment . . . :thumbsup:

Teay
07-19-2007, 06:17 PM
Just now getting a chance to chime in:
Yes, unfortunately "my" Park has the rep of being the hottest Park, but I'm not so sure that's true in reality. It can get VERY hot in the main walkways but on the Pangani Trail, it's easily 20 degrees cooler. Just yesterday I was able to work parade and I could not believe how hot it was! :thedolls: Seriously, I don't even wear sunscreen on a daily basis....that's how cool and shady the Trail is! :cloud9: Teay has a pretty awesome sunburn today though, after yesterday's parade stint.

The last time I was at Rafiki's, I saw a 500 pound lion getting a root canal....way cool! :thumbsup:

SgtTigger
07-20-2007, 07:27 PM
Well I could have been with you would that have made it better or worse??????

Oh yea I dont do Animal Kingdom...... :funny:

Lets hope tomorrow is better... but Fireworks and O Hanas sounds good to me.....

:cop: :tigger:

pogo
07-25-2007, 11:33 PM
Boy Angel.... you guys sure crammed a lot in today, even after waiting for your drugs to arrive.

Doesn't it make you wonder why someone would complain so much while on their honeymoon ? :confused:

Gotta read more. :D

MauiMouse
07-26-2007, 03:07 PM
Wow, she was a complainer or what? It seriously sounds like nothing would make this person happy. I had a friend who was like this though, we were on vacation & she more or less said why are all these people here? Excuse me but we were at favorite vacation spot in Michigan for pete sakes. :nono:

Glad that you enjoyed your dinner at 'Ohanas. :mickey:

ElenitaB
07-29-2007, 03:10 PM
Glad you finally tracked down your meds! That really must have been frustrating and a bit scary too, worried that they had gotten ruined.

The rest of the day sounds awesome and seeing the 4th of July fireworks from 'Ohana is a definite "wow."

Ben would have been really upset by that young bride... what was Taylor's reaction? Funny to see how some people just don't count their blessings though, huh? Just married at at Disney... I would think that a wonderful thing!

Here we go again...
07-31-2007, 01:40 AM
Ben would have been really upset by that young bride... what was Taylor's reaction? Funny to see how some people just don't count their blessings though, huh? Just married at at Disney... I would think that a wonderful thing!
Taylor thought she lost her mind. She likes to people watch so she was laughing at her pretty hard.
The sad thing is that my family does not fight much. So, when Taylor sees this it really bugs her,