PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to really take a relaxing trip in Disney World? Day 4

Here we go again...
07-12-2007, 04:02 PM
Cast of characters:
Me – Angel – Die hard Disney fan still recovering from knee replacement
DH – Bobby – Wonderful Disney loving husband that puts up with my madness
DD – Taylor – Well, what can I say… she loves Disney as much as me, but she is 13… need I say more?

Day 4
Monday, July 2nd
We slept in until about 10am then dragged our lazy bodies out of bed. Today I had a bit of a crisis to deal with. I take an injection for my arthritis and guess what I forgot at home??? That would have been no problem except that the injection is over $1,500. I had to call my insurance company and see if they could make a one time exception and cover an extra prescription and over night it to me here. It took about an hour to get through the red tape, but it was approved and would be shipped over night to SSR. I breathed a sigh of relief and got ready to go.
We got on the bus and headed to MGM. Since we had not eaten anything we went to the ABC commissary to grab a bite. All I can say is yuck. Taylor’s fish was gross, almost all breading. I for the Cuban sandwich and it was okay, but those chips were too weird for me. Bobby had a burger… you can’t mess that up too bad. I don’t think we will eat there again.

After lunch we rode the Great Movie Ride, ToT and RnRc. I sat out on the last 2, Bobby and Taylor had fun though. We did some pin shopping and chased down some cast members to do some pin trading. Next we went to the Animation Studios. I love walking around in there. Before we knew it, it was time for dinner at Mama Melrose.

We arrived right in time and we were seated in about 10 minutes. I had soup, Bobby had salad and Taylor had the breads for the appetizers. For our Entrees, Bobby once again got the Salmon, I got Shrimp Marinara and Taylor had the steak. Bobby did not care for the sauce on his, said Cap’n Jacks was much better. Mine was pretty good, and Taylor’s was okay… not quite as rare (yuck) as she likes. Overall, it was an okay meal. I am glad we tried it, but might wait a while before going back.

We had the Fantasmic dinner package, but with the heat we decided not to stay. We looked around for a family of three and found one eating pizza that gladly took the passes. I love seeing the smile on someone’s face when they get something so unexpected.

We took the bus back to SSR and Taylor and I went to the gym for a little while. After that, it was a hot bath and bed.

DizNee143
07-12-2007, 04:29 PM
ooh im so glad they were able to overnight your shot thing to you!! must of been such a relief!!! after that like scare sounds like you guys had yet another good day!! :mickey:

KylesMom
07-12-2007, 05:18 PM
Thank goodness your medical emergency was handled and you were able to relax & get out today. I can certainly agree with the Commissary food - we haven't eaten there in years! That was a very kind thing for you to give your Fantasmic! tix to another family! However, sitting in that hot, humid amphitheater wouldn't be a whole lotta fun either, huh? Glad you had another great day, Angel!

January-2007
07-12-2007, 05:49 PM
I am so glad you got through the red tape to get your meds! I bet the family you gave the Fantasmic seats to were just tickled pink to receive them! Thanks for the report, it's nice to know you had such a good time! Oh, and I don't think we'll be trying the ABC Commissary anytime soon... haven't really heard too many good reviews of it. Thanks for sharing.

Lizzie
07-12-2007, 09:34 PM
Glad you were able to get your medicine.

I find that to be the stressful part in traveling is to remember all important medicine.

realtreebar
07-13-2007, 12:37 AM
thanks for sharing!

Bethanymouse
07-13-2007, 12:41 AM
Another relaxing yet fun day! Thanks for sharing!:mickey:

faline
07-13-2007, 09:28 AM
I'll bet it was a nice surprise for the family that got your Fantasmic tickets!

gauvin4
07-13-2007, 09:28 AM
Note to self: Do not eat at ABC Commissary!! You are not the first person to give this place a bad review. Thanks for the report!!

Pocahontas
07-13-2007, 11:05 AM
Thanks for the report. Sorry about your meal at ABC Commissary. We usually eat there and haven't had any problems. Of course, we tend to just get the burgers.

StitchLuvr
07-13-2007, 04:36 PM
Don't you sometimes hate dealing with insurance companies and their rules? It's not enough that premiums alone are out of this world....<sigh>..

glad they worked with you though and sent you your injection. Sounds like a great day except for the food!! :)

iheartmickey
07-13-2007, 07:25 PM
What a nice thoughtfull thing to do for that family! Sounds like a nice day! Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

dolphinmickey9170
07-13-2007, 09:50 PM
Glad you got your medicine....can't wait to keep reading......

pdrlkr
07-15-2007, 09:38 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Bethis26fan
07-15-2007, 04:20 PM
Thanks for sharing.

tinkerbellybutton
07-15-2007, 09:49 PM
I'm so glad that the insurance company made an exception with your medicine. Thanks for the reports, I'm REALLY enjoying them.

Momof2boys
07-16-2007, 05:12 PM
I hate insurance company red tape . . . but at least you were in Disney. That's better than being at home. Happy to hear that they approved the exception & you'll be receiving a delivery the next day.

SgtTigger
07-20-2007, 07:14 PM
Have you not read any of my posts on the ABC commissary????

they are bad bad bad.............

and that was years ago..... I see things are still bad.............

:cop: :tigger:

pogo
07-25-2007, 11:23 PM
Well day four and your getting tired and Bobby is still eating Salmon. Sounds like another great day at WDW. gotta read more. :D

MauiMouse
07-26-2007, 02:55 PM
I agree with you about ABC Commissary, I ate here with one of my friends 3 years back and I don't think I'll ever go back, yuck is right.

How nice to give away your Fanstasmic tickets, a little Dream Squad of your own. :D I'm sure that made their day. :thumbsup:

ElenitaB
07-29-2007, 02:59 PM
I like the plaintain chips that come with the Cuban Sandwich but they are definitely an acquired taste (took me years before they were actually something I'd want to eat). It was the sandwich that didn't impress me. Burgers, of course, would be hard to mess up. But all in all, we tend to avoid the ABC Commissary unless it's for breakfast, and even then we might try Starring Rolls the next time we're in MGM around breakfast time.

I know you were in "relaxation mode" if you decided to skip Fantasmic because of the weather. No one with the commando mindset would ever do that! :nono: