PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to really take a relaxing trip in Disney World? Day 3

Here we go again...
07-12-2007, 03:59 PM
Cast of characters:
Me – Angel – Die hard Disney fan still recovering from knee replacement
DH – Bobby – Wonderful Disney loving husband that puts up with my madness
DD – Taylor – Well, what can I say… she loves Disney as much as me, but she is 13… need I say more?

Day 3
Sunday, July 1st
Well, today we all slept until 11:30am! Is it possible to sleep almost 12 hours in Disney World? Why yes, it is! By the time I did my gym thing, we took showers and got ready to go, it was about 1 pm. As promised, we took Taylor to DTD and let her do some shopping. She bought some shirts for the kids she counsels at the YMCA, a Disney phone cover and some other assorted junk. Hey, it is her money. It was starting to rain very hard so we went back to the room. Believe it or not, Taylor and I fell asleep! Bobby sat up reading his new book and enjoyed the view of the golf course.

He woke us up about 5:45 for our 7:00 ADR at Cap’n Jacks. It was pouring and we waited over 30 minutes for a bus to DTD. We asked another driver what was going on and he said all DTD busses were running behind because of the rain… they were picking up people at the water parks. That is crazy! Bobby decided to walk over so we did not miss out ADR. Since I am in an EVC it was best for me to wait for the bus. Bobby got there on time, very wet, but on time and we arrived about 10 minutes later.

For those of you that have never been to Cap’n Jacks, I would say that you are missing some wonderful food. Appetizers were clam chowder and salads. I had the Lobster, Bobby had the Salmon and Taylor had the chicken breast. For desert we all shared the white chocolate raspberry cheese cake, key lime pie and chocolate molten something. All were absolutely wonderful. The service was terrific. I highly recommend this restaurant.

After dinner we went to meet Jeanne (Piglet822) in front of Ghirardelli. Her and her family went to see movies at the theater and she was the first one out so we got to visit before DH and DS met us. They made it pretty darn quick when Jeanne told her son where we were and that there was a “hot” 13 year old with us. Too funny! We sat and visited for a while then made our call to Bret (no, we did not say “ha, ha, we are here and you are not). Jeanne – he did text me after that call to tell me that the 2 of us together were a dangerous combination. What would give him that idea?????
After our visit we decided it was time to hit a park. Magic Kingdom had EMH so we headed for the bus. On the way I asked Taylor what she thought of Jeanne’s son. She said “how old is he??? 30???” I started laughing and said no, only 15! Taylor said, “well, he has a mustache, he must be 30!” Ahhh… my young sweet innocent little girl. How long do you think she will stay that way?

We had a short wait for the MK bus and arrived just as Spectromagic was ending.
It looked thousands of people pouring out of the park. We got our EMH bracelets and headed in. We headed to the Jungle cruise. POC and BTMRR. I wanted to ride BTMRR soooooo bad, but I was worried that I would slam my knee against the side and be in pain for the rest of the trip. Bobby and Taylor rode and only had about a 5 minute wait. Next they wanted to ride Space Mountain so we headed across the park. I was going to the TTA when they called me to tell me to wait… Space Mountain was down. We all rode the TTA and when we went through SM the lights were on… that was cool! We had to ride again just to snap a couple of pictures.

It was getting late, about 1:30 so we decided to head back to the room. We walked out and the bus was waiting for us. We got back to the resort and realized the pool was still open. We grabbed our suits and sat in the hot tub for a while then off to bed. It was another great day. We are actually relaxing – a lot – and getting a little park time in too. I love Saratoga Springs. It is huge, but the busses run on time and everyone is very friendly.

DizNee143
07-12-2007, 04:17 PM
another relaxing day!!..but it sounds like you are all really enjoying yourselves and thats what matters the most!!...for being relaxing though..you guys kinda did a lot today...:mickey:

KylesMom
07-12-2007, 05:03 PM
Shopping, good eats, MK without extremely long lines and a hot tub soak. Could you really ask for anything more?! What another great day! Thanks for sharing!:mickey:

January-2007
07-12-2007, 05:44 PM
Yes, you really are relaxing, that is wonderful! I just love the Evening Extra Magic Hours, aren't they so great? Thanks for the trip report!

Piglet822
07-12-2007, 08:10 PM
Jeanne – he did text me after that call to tell me that the 2 of us together were a dangerous combination. What would give him that idea?????

:angel: I've no idea :angel:

They made it pretty darn quick when Jeanne told her son where we were and that there was a “hot” 13 year old with us.

Yeah but it was really funny when I introduced you as the "hot" girl I had been telling him about :rotfl:

I started laughing and said no, only 15! Taylor said, “well, he has a mustache, he must be 30!”

It's dirt. I tell him that all the time and it drives him NUTS!!!! I love it :D

Lizzie
07-12-2007, 09:31 PM
Another relaxing day. I don't think I have ever slept in that long on vacation.

iheartmickey
07-12-2007, 10:55 PM
I would've been poking at you to get up! I can't sleep when I'm that close to the parks!!!! I lay restlessly in bed as soon as it's light out! LOL!

Sounds like another great day! :thumbsup:

realtreebar
07-13-2007, 12:35 AM
thanks for sharing!

Bethanymouse
07-13-2007, 12:36 AM
What a nice and relaxing day you had! Nothing like sleeping in, some good food, and a trip to the MK!!!!Thanks for the report!:mickey:

gauvin4
07-13-2007, 09:20 AM
Another great day!! Thanks for the report.:mickey:

Pocahontas
07-13-2007, 10:58 AM
Wow, I don't think I could ever sleep that long at Disney. Sounds like your having a really nice time.

StitchLuvr
07-13-2007, 04:30 PM
Sounds like another great day....thank you for sharing.

When we went to the F&W Festival we did the same as you and Taylor-sleeping in until almost noon, and thru our scheduled Ohana breakfast. Luckily we were able to reschedule, but after 3 days of commando-touring the parks from sun up to sun down, we were BEAT!

dolphinmickey9170
07-13-2007, 09:15 PM
I cannot sleep past 7 when I'm in Disney, I sure am jealous. But, when I am that close to the parks.....how can you sleep:blush:. Sounds like we are having fun. Thanks for sharing.

pdrlkr
07-15-2007, 09:37 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Bethis26fan
07-15-2007, 04:12 PM
Thanks for sharing.

faline
07-15-2007, 05:59 PM
Nice day! How fun that you got to meet up with Jeanne and her family!

tinkerbellybutton
07-15-2007, 09:37 PM
You really seem to be finding ways to make it a relaxing trip, how wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

Momof2boys
07-16-2007, 05:10 PM
Sounds like you got some much needed rest. I bet your knee thanked you.

We also saw Space Mountain with the lights on when we went thru on the TTA & snapped some pics . . . I couldn't believe that little track makes me scream :blush:

LilHooligan74
07-17-2007, 10:59 PM
, he must be 30!” Ahhh… my young sweet innocent little girl. How long do you think she will stay that way?
I have two daughters so I hope the innocence last a loooooong time.:mickey:
Sounds like alot of fun. I hope I can slow down and enjoy some next month.

SgtTigger
07-20-2007, 07:09 PM
Why is it that every time you go to WDW I start getting phone calls.............

is that in your plans??????????

sounds good on to the next day.....

:cop: :tigger:

pogo
07-25-2007, 11:18 PM
I agree...... you and Jeanne are a dangerous combination. Good call Bret ! :D

MauiMouse
07-26-2007, 02:52 PM
I've always wanted to eat at Captain's Jacks. Glad to hear that you had a good meal. :thumbsup:

ElenitaB
07-29-2007, 02:53 PM
I agree...... you and Jeanne are a dangerous combination. Good call Bret ! :D
That they are! But I love 'em both!

My question for you, Ms. Angel, is if you put a bath bomb into the hot tub? ;)