PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to really take a relaxing trip in Disney World? Day 2

Here we go again...
07-12-2007, 03:58 PM
Cast of characters:
Me – Angel – 44 Die hard Disney fan still recovering from knee replacement
DH – Bobby – 49 Wonderful Disney loving husband that puts up with my madness
DD – Taylor – 13

Day 2
Saturday, June 30th
We woke up about 10am feeling pretty good. I slept through the night for the first time in a while. We got up and went to grab a bite to eat at the food court. Bobby and Taylor went back to the room to eat and I was a good girl and went to the gym. The spa/gym here is amazing. I have to get a massage while I am here! I got back to the room, ate my food and got ready to go.

Our original plan was to hang out at the resort and pool during the heat of the day. Of course we went out and got on the first bus to Magic Kingdom. It was crowded, but not nearly as bad as I expected. We had no plan at all, just to wander around the park and ride a couple of rides. Or first stop, POC. I love driving my DD crazy with this ride. (hee hee)
Next up was Mickey’s Philharmagic , lunch at Columbia Harbor House, did some shopping then went to the Laugh Floor. I have to say we enjoyed this show very much. It was very good clean fun and I highly recommend it to everyone.

Next we hopped the Monorail to the Contemporary and the Poly to do some pin trading. We took the bus to DTD from the Poly and had dinner at Rainforest. The food was okay, but the service was amazing. I think we found the cheeriest (is that even a word?) waiter in Rainforest. He was lots of fun. After dinner, we walked around DTD for a little while and I made my major purchase for the trip, a case… yes, a case of 100 bath bombs from Basin. We purchased some pins at the pin store and it was time to call it a night. It was 11:30 and the stores were closing so we promised Taylor we would let her shop at World of Disney tomorrow. We rode the boat back to Saratoga Springs and I took a nice hot bath… Aaaahhhh. Actually, thanks to my cocktail of medications, I fell asleep in the tub. I guess it is a good thing I am bigger than the tub or I might have drowned! It is a good thing Bobby loves me and watches out for me, he made sure I got to bed safe and sound.
It ended up being a pretty relaxing day! But can we keep it up???

DizNee143
07-12-2007, 04:13 PM
sounds like a great day to me...i like taking the day as it comes and not rushing around...that bath must of been really good and relaxing for you to fall asleep in it lol!!! :mickey:

KylesMom
07-12-2007, 04:51 PM
Our original plan was to hang out at the resort and pool during the heat of the day. Of course we went out and got on the first bus to Magic Kingdom.

Well, your original plan was good. But I like what you actually did better! :D And a case of bath bombs. Yay Angel! :thumbsup: I hope your knee remains trouble-free through the remainder of your trip. Can't wait to read more! :mickey:

January-2007
07-12-2007, 05:36 PM
Did you get a discount for buying so many bath bombs? I want to do that! How much did it end up being? (Or is it impolite to ask... :blush:) I am sooo glad you are having a good trip so far, I hope you continue feeling good. Thanks for reporting!

Lizzie
07-12-2007, 09:28 PM
I think I am going to have to buy a bath bomb on my next trip.

iheartmickey
07-12-2007, 10:52 PM
Sounds like a nice relaxing day! Your DH is so sweet!

Here we go again...
07-12-2007, 11:30 PM
Did you get a discount for buying so many bath bombs? I want to do that! How much did it end up being? (Or is it impolite to ask... :blush:) I am sooo glad you are having a good trip so far, I hope you continue feeling good. Thanks for reporting!

ummmm... well... it cost about $180 after the discounts. They gave us a discount plus our Annual Pass discount. We spent over $225 dollars in there that night, Last trip we spent over $150 at Basin and only got about 8 tubes of bath bombs... 6 per tube. I think we did much better this time.

Brer Kevin
07-12-2007, 11:50 PM
Sounds like an exellent day, keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Bethanymouse
07-13-2007, 12:27 AM
I have been hearing a lot about these bath bombs....they must be heavenly! I am glad that you were able to experience some of the MK! Thank you so much for sharing!

realtreebar
07-13-2007, 12:30 AM
thanks for sharing!

gauvin4
07-13-2007, 09:15 AM
I understand how you can fall asleep in the bath tub. There is nothing better than a good bath. I will have to get some bath bombs on my Dec. trip. Thanks for the report.:mickey:

Pocahontas
07-13-2007, 10:45 AM
I've never heard of bath bombs. I'll have to check them out, you make them sound great. Thanks for the report.

StitchLuvr
07-13-2007, 04:21 PM
I"m going to have to try some of those bath bombs too....they sound heavenly!

dolphinmickey9170
07-13-2007, 09:04 PM
When I go in that bath store, I go into fits of sneezing because there are too many smells at once. But I would love to get some bombs, can you recommend a scent that isn't overkill?? I also understand the falling asleep in the tub, and I don't even need the meds!:blush:

I hope your knee holds out.....sounds like you had a great day. My DD14 (also Taylor) says hi to your Taylor.

Here we go again...
07-13-2007, 09:26 PM
When I go in that bath store, I go into fits of sneezing because there are too many smells at once. But I would love to get some bombs, can you recommend a scent that isn't overkill?? I also understand the falling asleep in the tub, and I don't even need the meds!:blush:

I hope your knee holds out.....sounds like you had a great day. My DD14 (also Taylor) says hi to your Taylor.

I always buy the cocoa butter bombs. They have cocoa butter in them so you come out of the tub soft. Also, they are not too purfumey (I know... that is not a real word, but it fits) and they do not stain the tub with the color.

pdrlkr
07-15-2007, 09:37 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Bethis26fan
07-15-2007, 03:56 PM
I'll have to check out the cocoa butter bombs, they sound great. Thanks for sharing your day.

faline
07-15-2007, 05:55 PM
You know you're really relaxed when you fall asleep in the tub!

tinkerbellybutton
07-15-2007, 09:30 PM
I've been hearing a lot about those bath bombs, if they're good enough for you to buy 100 of them than I guess I'm going to have to buy some next trip! Thanks for the report, off to read more!

conorsmom2000
07-15-2007, 10:52 PM
I've never heard of bath bombs. I'll have to check them out, you make them sound great. Thanks for the report.
I've never heard of them either but I think I need to check them out!! :) Sounds like a lovely day!

Momof2boys
07-16-2007, 05:05 PM
Ohhh I bought some bath bombs on my last trip & talked about them so much I have to pick some up for family & friends on our next trip. Maybe it'll be cheaper to do what you did & buy a case . . . what a great idea !

SgtTigger
07-20-2007, 07:04 PM
OK why do you even make plans??????? :D

I think you just need to do whatever Taylor wants to do..... that sounds good to me.....

:)

:cop: :tigger:

pogo
07-25-2007, 11:14 PM
Another special day at WDW. Great report. Gotta go and read more. :D

MauiMouse
07-26-2007, 02:48 PM
Those sound like the best plan, just to wander around Magic Kingdom and do what ever especially during the busy times. Sounds like you had a very nice day. :mickey:

ElenitaB
07-29-2007, 02:41 PM
In spite of trying to shoot for a relaxed day... wow, it seems like you guys did a lot! Of course, shopping is therapy so I guess it was relaxing in its own way.

In our family book, bath bomb + DVC jacuzzi tub = :cloud9:

Did Taylor get to take her own bath bomb bath, too?