PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to really take a relaxing trip in Disney World? Day 1

Here we go again...
07-12-2007, 03:56 PM
Is it possible to really take a relaxing trip in Disney World?
June 29 through July 6th, 2007

Cast of characters:
Me – Angel – Die hard Disney fan still recovering from knee replacement
DH – Bobby – Wonderful Disney loving husband that puts up with my madness
DD – Taylor – Well, what can I say… she loves Disney as much as me, but she is 13… need I say more?

Day 1
Friday, June 29th
We decided we were going to drive this trip because we wanted to spend a couple of days in Destin on the way home to relax. I don’t know about you, but I always need a vacation after a vacation to Disney. This would be the first time we have ever made the drive and with just 5 weeks of healing from my knee replacement, I was not quite sure how this was going to go…

I got up early and went to physical therapy. I was hoping to get on the road as soon as I got home but that was not going to happen. When I got back Bobby was cutting the grass and doing yard work. No problem… except that our yard is HUGE and takes at least 4 hours to finish. Thank Goodness he did not do all of the edging and stuff (maybe he could see me pacing the floors). Once he got cleaned up, we loaded the Pilot and we were on our way. I really did not want to hit Baton Rouge traffic on a Friday, especially on 4th of July weekend.

The plan is now to start driving and stop when ever my knee says it is time… so, it can take days, even weeks to get there! No, really, we are planning to check in tomorrow sometime. I take all of my meds and fall asleep. The bad thing is that when they wear off, I hurt…. NOW! So we had to make some pit stops to walk around and stretch. We got to Tallahassee and ate dinner at Cracker Barrel (why is the only Cracker Barrel with terrible food and service in my own home town??? You can go anywhere in the world and it is good… avoid Lafayette). After a very good meal, we hit the road. We were going to go to Crystal City and find a room. I took my meds and we were off. Bobby woke me a little while later, we were in Disney World!!!! I could no believe he drove all the way! He did it so I could wake up there… Gwarsh I love him!

We went straight to Saratoga Springs to see how much a room was going to be. It was 3 am and Bobby really wanted to get where we were going and not have to change rooms in a couple of hours. All of the computers were down all over property so not only could they not check us in, but it would not help to go to Pop or anywhere else. The manager came out and offered to give us a room that we could stay in all week but we would have to officially come down later and “check in”. They would take the DVC points off tomorrow. Bobby was very happy; he had a bed calling his name. We were put in the Grandstand section with a view of the golf course. This made Bobby even happier. We got cleaned up and crawled in bed… We made it!!!!!!

DizNee143
07-12-2007, 04:09 PM
sounds like you guys had a good drive...and it seems you werent in to much pain with your knee - thats a plus!! and thats great they were able to give you guys a room!!..im off to read the rest!! :mickey:

KylesMom
07-12-2007, 04:43 PM
Glad you made it safe & that Disney was so accommodating at getting you a bed for the night. Can't wait to read more! :mickey:

January-2007
07-12-2007, 04:56 PM
Oh my gosh, how completely wonderful of your DH to drive all that way in one stride so you could wake up in WDW!! How very sweet! I am so glad they were able to get you into a room that night, even if it took a little time to figure out. Thanks for the trip report!

Lizzie
07-12-2007, 09:15 PM
What a great place to wake up at.

iheartmickey
07-12-2007, 10:49 PM
What a wonderful and thoughtful DH!!!! :thumbsup:

Bethanymouse
07-13-2007, 12:20 AM
WOW what a champ your husband is! That is quite a drive. I am so glad that you arrived safely! Thank you for sharing your first day!

realtreebar
07-13-2007, 12:27 AM
thanks for sharing!

gauvin4
07-13-2007, 09:09 AM
Bobby sounds like a keeper!!:) Can't wait to hear more. I sure hope your knee doesn't give you too much trouble!:mickey:

Pocahontas
07-13-2007, 10:40 AM
What a wonderful husband! Sounds like a pleasant ride there. I hope your knee didn't give you much pain during your trip.

faline
07-13-2007, 02:51 PM
It must have been wonderful to wake up and find out you were already there!

SBETigg
07-13-2007, 03:00 PM
It's so exciting to arrive on that first day! Can't wait to read more. Thanks for the report.

StitchLuvr
07-13-2007, 04:16 PM
What a great thing to experience.....nodding off in the car to wake up at the best place on Earth!

Can't wait to read more.....

dolphinmickey9170
07-13-2007, 08:46 PM
How could that be any better.....what a great DH. I am so jealous, but my DH does half the driving, so I guess I can't complain!!!

Sounds like you had a nice trip down, can't wait to keep reading.

pdrlkr
07-15-2007, 09:36 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Bethis26fan
07-15-2007, 03:47 PM
That's a great wake up call.

tinkerbellybutton
07-15-2007, 09:24 PM
Sounds like a great start to your trip. :)

conorsmom2000
07-15-2007, 10:49 PM
What a great way to start the trip! That was very sweet of your hubby! :mickey:

Momof2boys
07-16-2007, 05:02 PM
Heading to Disney 5 weeks after knee replacement surgery ? Wow, I'm crossing my fingers that the trip goes well.

How sweet of your hubby to stay awake & make the rest of the drive :cloud9:

SgtTigger
07-20-2007, 07:01 PM
That Bobby is some guy..........

Note to self.... teach Taylor to irritate mom in the car more often....

Off to tomorrow...............

:cop: :tigger:

pogo
07-25-2007, 11:07 PM
It sounds like you guys are in business ! God bless Bobby for loving you so much he wanted you to wake up in WDW. He's my kind of guy. :D

MauiMouse
07-26-2007, 02:45 PM
How cool to wait up to those great purple arches! :mickey: Very nice too be able to check into your room for the week and not have to move around.

ElenitaB
07-29-2007, 02:33 PM
That Bobby is definitely a keeper! Happy birthday to him!

It's nice to see that some CMs really do care about guests... how nice of them to find you a room not only for the night but for the whole week! :thumbsup:

DD – Taylor – Well, what can I say… she loves Disney as much as me, but she is 13… need I say more?

Oh, that speaks volumes! So glad to hear I'm not alone! :blush: