PDA

View Full Version : Epcot Resort boat docks question

Figment78
07-12-2007, 01:12 PM
My mom and I are thinking of suggestiong to the family that we all go to Disney World for the thanksgiving holiday - including my 82 & 92 year old grandparents who won't rent ECVs, despite their age and my grandma's bad hip. They are not really interested in going to all of the parks, but do enjoy the World Showcase and the hotels. I thought it might be easiest to stay at one of the Epcot resorts b/c they could take the boat launch right to the international gateway, rather than having to walk all the way through Future World.

I'm trying to find maps of all the resorts to see which resort is closest to its boat dock but I can only find the Yacht Club. Does anyone know where the Boardwalk dock is in relation to the hotel entrance/exit?

Any other tips about the BC/YC/Boardwalk convenience (atmosphere, elevators, etc) would be appreciated.

Lisa

January-2007
07-12-2007, 02:26 PM
We were just at the Beach Club last month so I still have some of this fresh in my mind. The Beach Club is the closest walk to Epcot. The Yacht Club is closer to the boat launch. I don't know about the Boardwalk because we never took the boat that far, we only took the boat to MGM and walked to Epcot. If you ask for a room at the Beach Club closer to Epcot then you might have an almost shorter walk to Epcot than to walk to the boat launch anyway. Less standing around waiting at least. Good luck with your decision and happy planning!

Jeff
07-12-2007, 02:38 PM
The BWI dock is pretty much right in the center of the hotel. If you had a room near the lobby or overlooking the courtyard towards the Boardwalk you would be very close to the dock. There is an elevator right at the courtyard as well that would take you right to ground level, out the door and about 40 yards to the dock.

Maleficent's Dad
07-12-2007, 03:34 PM
Some good information above. :exactly:

Without question, most BC rooms are closer to EPCOT than they are to the boat/ferry dock. It's a far shorter walk to International Gateway than it would be to the dock.

The YC is closer, but depending on your room location, you could have quite a hike.

The BW's dock is relatively centered for the resort - however, most rooms are a fair distance from the center of the resort.

Wherever you stay, request your room accordingly - stating specifically that you want your room on a certain floor (lower would be my guess) and near the EPCOT entrance (for BC) or the lobby (for BW). Be as specific as possible; you might want to make your reservation under the "Guest with Special Needs" section...

TammiMcMan
07-12-2007, 07:57 PM
If you want to see the detail for the BWI, here's the link to the map, http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/maps/images/boardwalk07.JPG . Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember that for the BW boat ramp, you have to walk down the ramp, which had a pretty good incline. For the others though (BC/YC, Swan & Dolphin), I believe that it was a flat walk, no uphill or downhill.

Maleficent's Dad
07-12-2007, 09:14 PM
If you want to see the detail for the BWI, here's the link to the map, http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/maps/images/boardwalk07.JPG . Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember that for the BW boat ramp, you have to walk down the ramp, which had a pretty good incline. For the others though (BC/YC, Swan & Dolphin), I believe that it was a flat walk, no uphill or downhill.
Tammi is right - BW's dock has a ramp. YC/BC is a fixed structure. :mickey:

TammiMcMan
07-12-2007, 10:53 PM
Thank you Frank. I was pretty certain that I was right, but not 100%.

Figment78
07-13-2007, 12:21 PM
Thank you so much everyone! I will pass this information on to my mom....