PDA

View Full Version : Opinions Pls...getting ready to make ADR's

AZ Disney
07-12-2007, 12:49 PM
Hi All,
This is what I have planned....any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. We're going in Jan 2008, do you think I'll get all these?

Sat (arrival day) - Chef Mickey's 6:30 pm for Bday's
Sun - CA Grille 6:30pm and then Wishes at 8pm
Mon -Hollywood & Vine Fantasmic Pkg
Tue- Ohana 5pm then Wishes from Poly
Wed - Le Cellier 6pm then Illuminations
Thur- Chrystal Palace at 4:30 We plan on seeing Dreams at 3 then Spectro at 7pm
Fri - Boma 5pm
Sat - Going home, but our flight won't leave until 4:30pm. Any suggestions for a nice Brunch?
Thanks much!

Tygger7
07-12-2007, 02:02 PM
If you can squeeze it in, possibly on Sunday, I'd try to hit the Whispering Canyon at the Wilderness Lodge. Great food and really fun atmosphere. They also have a really good breakfast, so you could also consider that for brunch your last day.

Have a great trip!!:party:

MMouse6937
07-12-2007, 02:03 PM
I don't think that you should have a problem with any of these for Jan, I would just make sure you call 180 days out, especially for Le Cellier.

As far as your choices, I can only tell you about the ones we have been at. We love Chef Mickey's but have only been there for breakfast. Either way, the atmosphere is great for your first day. Ohanas in wonderful, it's not to be missed. Le Cellier is my DH's favorite meal, great location too. Crystal Palace is a wonderful buffet in a beautiful building. The character interaction was wonderful. We really had a great time here.

For your last day, why not make a late breakfast ADR? I wasn't sure where you're staying but you might consider the Kona Cafe at the Poly. If you want to try another buffet you might think about 1900 Park Fare at the GF.

Sounds like you have a lot of great choices. Have fun!! :mickey:

BelleBeauty
07-12-2007, 02:07 PM
I would suggest either the Whispering Canyon Cafe or 1900 Park Fare at the GF. I believe it is a character breakfast there.

AZ Disney
07-12-2007, 02:19 PM
Thanks everyone. I've decided to do Whispering Canyon Cafe for our farewell breakfast. I wanted to see the resort, so that fits in very well.

rjbarker
07-12-2007, 02:24 PM
How funny, in January 2007, we ate at exactly those same places! We highly recommend and LOVE all of those places with the exception of Hollywood and Vine. I know a lot of people on these boards like it there but we will never go back. The food was gross and the restaurant just felt dirty. I recommend Mama Melrose's in place of Hollywood and Vine.

SBETigg
07-12-2007, 02:32 PM
I'm not a big fan of H & V either, but all of your other choices look great.

AZ Disney
07-12-2007, 02:42 PM
Thanks, I scratched H&V and added Mama Melrose.

mickey-mouse35
07-12-2007, 05:58 PM
These all sound wonderful. Glad you added Whispering Canyon--great resort and great food!
Also glad you cut Hollywood and Vine. We weren't too impressed with them.
Everything else sounds marvelous!! Have fun! :mickey: