PDA

View Full Version : Help with a few ??s about POP

goofiecrazy
07-12-2007, 12:49 PM
I am looking for a detailed list of things about the POP hotel. Like where can I see the show at nite thats from Epcot etc. Like where all the buildings are and what each one has to offer like where is the little area that has the water jets the kids can play in. I had this all down at one time i na note book have since lost it and cant seem to find it here on intercot.The page for pop on here has some stuff but the page I got it from on here had a lot of stuff about each building and everything that was at the hotel( like it had little facts about the pond) stuff like that. Sorry its long a strange to ask but we are going to maybe stay here on our next trip.IF someone can help me that would be great..

BelleBeauty
07-12-2007, 02:05 PM
When we stayed at POP last I requested the Epcot view. Really it is a view of Spaceship Earth. We were never in our room around 9pm during Illuminations, so I am not sure of how much you can acutally see from POP. I'm sure that you can see at least a few fireworks.

Our room was in the 50s Jukebox building, on the back side, all the way to the left next to the lake. We were on the 3rd floor, but a 4th floor room would probably not have a view obstructed by trees (we had to go to the end of the balcony to see SE). That area is also great because the backside is quiet, the pool is right around the corner (but the bowling pin pool closes at 9 or 10pm so it is still quiet). It was just night to wake up and see SE and go to bed and see it all light up!

I requested that room about 4 days before we arrived via fax. I specifically said back side of 50s Jukebox building with an Epcot/Spaceship Earth view. Good luck!

McGoofy
07-12-2007, 02:36 PM
Our family has stayed at Pop a few times, so I have a good bit of "Pop knowledge."

First of all, here's some room experiences that I have had:

We stayed at Pop the very first week it was opened back in December 2003. Since it is the newest of the value resorts, it seems to be our favorite of the values. On that first visit, we stayed in the 1980's section. There's a life sized Twister game outside the building and larger than life Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head icons. The Pac Man icons are along the railings and there is quiet pool in the shape of a computer out front.
The area was nice and quiet, and the walk was not too bad to the main building.

In July 2004, we went on a last minute trip and all that was left was a preffered room. This put us on the second floor of the 60's building--right near the big Play Doh can icons. Unfortunately, this was also right next to the Hippy Dippy pool, which in July was very busy--even late at night. It was very noisy in that room, and I wouldn't want to pay for preffered room again. However, the Hippy Dippy pool is awesome! It is quite large and has "shower flowers" in the pool. There is also an outdoor bar area near the main pool. The jet area for the kids is close to the Hippy Dippy pool. It is sort of between the 70's and 60's area.

In February 2006 we stayed at Pop Century again. At check in, we were going to be in the 90's building, which is about the farthest away you can be. (However, the walk isn't too bad--5-10 minutes or so.) I had a standard room, but I asked if they had something better. We got moved to the 70's building--room 0131. It was ground floor, non-smoking. Although it was a standard room, it was also a very short walk to the bus as well as the food court and pool. It was also very quiet because it wasn't right next to the pool. I would certainly request this location again if I were staying there. (On a side note, we had an extremely convenient parking space too. We were parked next to the curb that was next to the sidewalk that we passed every day to get to the bus stop. This was pretty much right outside our room which made hauling luggage easy. Unfortunately, everybody else passed our car everyday too, and somebody stole our "Happiest Celebration on Earth" antennae topper! The room was excellent, but next time we will park in a location where everybody doesn't pass by everyday.)

The last time that we stayed at Pop was in November 2006. At check in, the cast member handed the map to me and said, "Our rooms are very empty right now, where would you like your room to be?" I had paid for standard, but he was offering a preferred as a free upgrade. However, I didn't take the upgrade as I had heard about Illuminations at Epcot being able to be seen from some Pop rooms. He assigned us to the 50's building facing Epcot. Our room was right by the elevator and a fairly short walk to the main area. We were on the 4th floor on the side that faces Spaceship Earth. And yes, we had a great view of the lake as well as Illuminations. We could even hear the Illuminations music from the balcolny. The room was clean, and everyday Mousekeeping treated us to arranging my sons stuffed animals or making us towel animals. Lady and the Tramp were the big icons by the 50's building. Also, the quiet pool there is in the shape of a bowling pin.

We usually do not have any trouble with the bus system. Waits usually aren't too bad. They come around fairly often, and usually no more than a 20 minute wait. We had no trouble getting to and from anywhere. We often go when crowds are low, so I guess that can make a difference too.

Pop rooms have 2 double beds, one sink area, and a toilet/shower room. Hair dryers and full sized ironing boards are in the rooms as well. Pop also has an area near the pool with washers & dryers. Inside the main lobby, there is a gift shop, arcade, and food court. The food court was fine, and the grab and go fridges were always stocked. Beverage stations were clean and stocked as well. This partcular beverage station has frozen Icee type beverages that I haven't seen at other resorts (unless they have since been added.) Overall, our expereinces at Pop have been good. Like I said before, Pop is definitely my favorite value resort. You will enjoy your stay. :mickey:

Crow
07-12-2007, 05:27 PM
When we stayed at POP last I requested the Epcot view. Really it is a view of Spaceship Earth. We were never in our room around 9pm during Illuminations, so I am not sure of how much you can acutally see from POP. I'm sure that you can see at least a few fireworks.

Our room was in the 50s Jukebox building, on the back side, all the way to the left next to the lake. We were on the 3rd floor, but a 4th floor room would probably not have a view obstructed by trees (we had to go to the end of the balcony to see SE). That area is also great because the backside is quiet, the pool is right around the corner (but the bowling pin pool closes at 9 or 10pm so it is still quiet). It was just night to wake up and see SE and go to bed and see it all light up!

I requested that room about 4 days before we arrived via fax. I specifically said back side of 50s Jukebox building with an Epcot/Spaceship Earth view. Good luck!
3 times at POP. the best was top floor of this middle building in 50s where i saw the fireworks. im going to request the 50s again.
frozen icees are good, and good as a mixer in refillable mug. theres a bar inside and outside.
food court is busy in am.
check out the lobby w things from diff eras on the walls..
walk around at night to see the lighted icons on the buildings

3girlsdisneydreams
07-12-2007, 08:01 PM
Thanks for all the great info!! :thumbsup:

We'll be there in Dec and this is a fantastic thread!!

if you don't mind me asking a couple more questions...
how far is the walk to the buses from the 50's "epcot" rooms? and how far in advance can you fax a request?

thanks!!!!

BelleBeauty
07-14-2007, 10:08 AM
Fax a request 3-4 days before you arrive. I usually include my request on my initial reservation, as well.

The walk from the 50's building is less than 5 minutes. We had stayed in the 90's building on a previous stay and it felt much, much, much closerthan that.