PDA

View Full Version : Darkwing Duck

The Goof
07-11-2007, 11:49 PM
We're leaving in 8 days! Tick... tick... (the clock keeps moving slower!)

Anyway, I have a six year old who won't be happy unless he meets Darkwing Duck (since all the old Disney afternoon shows have started coming out on DVD, he's really gotten into DW and Rescue Rangers). Darkwing supposedly makes appearances at MGM. Can anyone confirm? I want to start preparing the way for heartache if this is an impossibility. I've never seen him there, but I might have missed him. If so, any tips for catching the Terror that Flaps in the Night?

snifflesmcg
07-12-2007, 02:54 AM
I looked under Intercot's info central and these are the two places they say he might be

Darkwing Duck
Sorcerer Hat at MGM
New York Street at MGM

I would ask a CM in MGM for a time he'll be out. Good luck.

The Goof
07-12-2007, 09:56 AM
Thanks! I was planning on asking someone about a schedule when we get there.

7 days and counting...

DisneyNut2005
07-12-2007, 10:46 AM
Info Central is actually incorrect.

Darkwing is EXTREMELY rare. If he were to come out, the only place that he'd appear at is the Toontown Teardrop, the area next to the Toontown Fair train station at MK.

Brer Robert
07-12-2007, 10:56 PM
Sad to say, but Darkwing Duck IS pretty rare these days. But it's great to see that kids are beginning to regain interest in classic Disney Afternoon characters such as him since their shows are being brought to dvd, that's why I'm glad that such classic shows are being brought to dvd these days!:number1:

The Goof
07-13-2007, 02:07 AM
...it's great to see that kids are beginning to regain interest in classic Disney Afternoon characters such as him since their shows are being brought to dvd, that's why I'm glad that such classic shows are being brought to dvd these days!:number1:

Everyone should have the opportunity to hear my kids (he's 6, she's 3) sing the Darkwing Duck theme song as a duet (especially when the older drops his voice an octave to say "Let's get dangerous!"). Pure gold. Strangely, I can't seem to generate their interest in Ducktales, and I often thought of that one as the most cosistently entertaining of all the DA shows. Still, we are a family of comic book nerds, so it would stand to reason that the costumed crime-fighter would take center stage in my kid's hearts.